PDA

View Full Version : Everyone See this?

Fla_rider
03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
12802 (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/gl1800bd.aspx)

Here is the link (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/gl1800bd.aspx)

Steve 0080
03-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Check the link !!!

Fla_rider
03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
it's not working for you Steve?

bigbird
03-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Are there even $2500 in useful factory accessories available for an F6B?
I would have a tough time getting $1k worth if I wanted a '13 Deluxe.

Their factory fog light kit is way overpriced and weak compared to a 960, their luggage rack is puny and also overpriced, and their tall windscreen is not as efficient or aesthetically pleasing as any aftermarket stuff.

I don't see the $2500 bait as being particularly attractive.

Can the bonus bucks be used to purchase an extended warranty, or only accessories?

vmaxed
03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
It's working for me "coffee"

bstroh59
03-30-2015, 12:17 PM
12802 (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/gl1800bd.aspx)

Here is the link (http://powersports.honda.com/offers/motorcycles/touring/gl1800bd.aspx)

I was in a dealership this weekend and they had $11,999 on a '14 Valc and 13,999 on a '14 F6.

Do I go for a Valc and have 3 Goldwing's in the family???

Old Ryder
03-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Every dealer I talk to say the Valkyrie IS NOT SELLING at all. It is a shame, too. However I need the wind protection, bags and tunes.

Jerry S
03-30-2015, 03:24 PM
I was at a Honda Dealership in Scottsdale on this past Friday. They had 1 2013 F6B and NO 14's or 15's on the floor or in the back. I asked why no 15's and he said " I cant sell the 13's why would I buy the 15's "

They had a price of $14,999 on the 13 I believe. The 14 valk was approx. $12,999

opas ride
03-30-2015, 05:33 PM
I was at a Honda Dealership in Scottsdale on this past Friday. They had 1 2013 F6B and NO 14's or 15's on the floor or in the back. I asked why no 15's and he said " I cant sell the 13's why would I buy the 15's "

They had a price of $14,999 on the 13 I believe. The 14 valk was approx. $12,999
It looks as if Honda "dropped the ball" on the F6B and the Valkyrie as they did on the VTX models a few years back...I had a 99 Valkyrie Tour and also a 2005 VTXF 1800..Both nice bikes but are gone and forgotten for the most part...A shame for us current F6B owners that may have considered a trade or update to a newer Honda or another bike...No dealers around here want to be bothered with newer F6B models as they are still stuck with old 2013's and are not able to unload them even at give away prices...A local Victory/Indian dealer near me offered me $10,000 trade on my 2013 F6B with over $3500 in custom paint, pipes, seat, etc...I was not at all interested anyway, but curious as to what it was worth....Said he did not want a bike in trade he could not sell!!!

Limoles
03-30-2015, 07:35 PM
The truth is , that market is flooded with to many products . Introduction of new Valkyrie wasn't necessary at all . Many dealers are out of business . Now is a trend for smaller and cheaper bikes , as economy mercilessly dictate the rules and reality squeeze the people's wallets. Competition of European bikes has also big impact on it .

SpeedyWho
03-30-2015, 10:43 PM
I bought the first F6B in Arizona, and the second one on our regestery. Needless to say I didn't get a screaming deal. Oh well that's the way she goes. The only thing that kinda sucks is I can't trade it for something else without taking a major hit, even after 26 months of payments. Yikes. Might as well keep it.

Jerry S
03-30-2015, 10:59 PM
I realize the bikes in general are not something that will retain or add value. The thing that I cant seem to understand is how a 21K bike looses almost 50% immediately. No matter how well off you are that is not something you want to go through on any bike. I also went to a Harley Dealership on Saturday with a friend and the place was packed with people walking around looking at bikes and buying stuff. My friend knows a sales lady at the Harley Dealership and she told us she sold 5 bikes last Thursday alone. The very same day the Honda Dealership had 2 people in it, Myself and my friend.

opas ride
03-31-2015, 10:57 AM
I realize the bikes in general are not something that will retain or add value. The thing that I cant seem to understand is how a 21K bike looses almost 50% immediately. No matter how well off you are that is not something you want to go through on any bike. I also went to a Harley Dealership on Saturday with a friend and the place was packed with people walking around looking at bikes and buying stuff. My friend knows a sales lady at the Harley Dealership and she told us she sold 5 bikes last Thursday alone. The very same day the Honda Dealership had 2 people in it, Myself and my friend.
I know the feeling...Went to the local Honda Dealership this last Saturday afternoon just to look around..It was "scary"...not one person on the sales floor looking at bikes and only a few in the parts/accessories area...!!! Just 1 block away at the Victory/Indian Dealership the showroom had about 10/12 looking at bikes...Less than 5 miles away HD dealership it was full of lookers, buyers, and the parts and accessory counter were full!!!....Go figure, no wonder Honda bikes are not selling cause no one wants them???? I jokingly said to a sales person at the HD dealership would he take my F6B in trade?..He looked at me funny, said your kidding aren't you we don't take bikes in trade we cannot sell, and walked away!!!

SpeedyWho
03-31-2015, 11:08 AM
You gotta hand it to HD they have the best marketing anywhere, their business plan is nearly flawless. I'd like to see the Indian/Victory dealers pick up a little more of that market segment. I think they offer a great product and I really like some of the new Victory's.

Doug44
03-31-2015, 12:54 PM

IMO it depends more on the dealership, the folks that own it, and the day-to-day operation than the name brand appearing on the sign. Here in Decatur, Il our local Big 4 Japan + KTM , Poloris, Can Am, World Of Power Sports WOPS dealership sells many, many more bikes per year than our local HD dealer. Not only that a couple of our local HD salesman (1 who was there for several years) are now working at WOPS ! In addition they have 10x the HD motorcycles in stock on their show room than the local HD dealership. In addition they have over 700 units in stock in their Decatur, IL store. These same owners also own motorcycle dealerships in Peoria, Bloomington and none are Harley Davidsions.

Sooooooo let's not get a linching party together for Honda Dealerships.

edgeman55
03-31-2015, 01:18 PM
I bought the first F6B in Arizona, and the second one on our regestery. Needless to say I didn't get a screaming deal. Oh well that's the way she goes. The only thing that kinda sucks is I can't trade it for something else without taking a major hit, even after 26 months of payments. Yikes. Might as well keep it.

Your not alone Speedy I was the first F6B owner in Northern Nevada and possibly the first in the State.I worked hard to get a grand off the price at the time and like you are about 25 months into payments.That being said I really don't know if a 5 or 6 grand hit justifys a new F6B so I will hold on to my 13 and ride the hell out of her as it is by far the best bike I have rode to date.

opas ride
03-31-2015, 03:12 PM
IMO it depends more on the dealership, the folks that own it, and the day-to-day operation than the name brand appearing on the sign. Here in Decatur, Il our local Big 4 Japan + KTM , Poloris, Can Am, World Of Power Sports WOPS dealership sells many, many more bikes per year than our local HD dealer. Not only that a couple of our local HD salesman (1 who was there for several years) are now working at WOPS ! In addition they have 10x the HD motorcycles in stock on their show room than the local HD dealership. In addition they have over 700 units in stock in their Decatur, IL store. These same owners also own motorcycle dealerships in Peoria, Bloomington and none are Harley Davidsions.

Sooooooo let's not get a linching party together for Honda Dealerships.

Not trying to "lynch" or disparage any Honda Dealerships...Just stating the facts around here as I have observed them...The dealer where I bought my F6B in Central Michigan is one of largest and best run ones around..They sell a lot of Honda products and a "boat load" of trikes...Great people to deal with and care about the customer..Victory/Indian dealers around here are also very nice..The 3 HD dealers in the area could care less in most instances in my opinion.....

Madmax
04-01-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm just outside Philadelphia Pa , I just picked up a 2014 full wing to convert to bagger and got my deal about 100 miles away , I have been to a lot of dealers before I made my deal . just about every dealer was sitting on the Valkyries .
There going to have to tape a lot of $$$$ to those bikes to sell them , they serve no purpose out side of aesthetics .
I seen the Valkyrie when it was at the Javits center in NYC before it hit the market and knew it was a dud . It looks very similar to another flop back in 2008 the Suzuki B-king .
That bike also had a great Hayabusa motor but who needs a 190 mph naked bike . Honda combined the great cruiser motor of all time with a naked sport like bike ... who needs a slow heavy sport bike ... LOL
I bought a left over B-king on 2011 was a new 3 year old bike paid 7700 for a 13k bike , that was a fun bike and did not loose when I sold it .
Were well into 2015 and the 2016 are on there way . alot of dealers were concerned about selling the F6b and that was not the problem bike .

Old Ryder
04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I love the looks of the Valkyrie and the flat 6 we all know is a winner. If I had a boatload of money I would buy one at the "reduced price"---the problem is as MM said, it is for a specific crowd and not many of that crowd ride metric bikes. Bar hopping bikes are generally reserved for Harleys. It is big, heavy, LOOKS EXTREMELY COOL, but there is no wind protection or bag storage nor is it comfortable for long rides (my opinion from sitting on one). You have a drive train built for long smooth rides---but the bike is not. It is cool in it's own way--just not sure it has enough cool to support a price tag in the mid teens. Kind of like my wife's Mazda MX5 convertible. It is a single purpose vehicle--for fun only.

fxdl2051
04-02-2015, 01:14 AM

HD has product recognition, but no one even knows what a f6 is, out there. First quarter of 2014 HD sold 37000 units alone with Street Glides leading the sales. Indians are outselling Victories, so vintage baggers it is. Well I don't mind being the only black f6 on the road out here, more leg room.

chipmaker
04-02-2015, 02:08 AM

Yeah, the were less than excited to take my 13 F6BD on trade for my Harley.

smokinjoe187
04-02-2015, 03:04 AM
lets face it,we all got hosed...
yes we cant dump them...
yes we cant trade it in with out losing our shirts...
we did how ever get a wonderful bike we love to love...
will i ever buy another goldwing...yes not so much
i like the valkire but even at 13 k i would feel abused
i'm sure after this i will NEVER do this again.
i fell in love,but as we all know love rarely last past the honeymoon
Honda if you are listening....Hear what we are saying...please

naga viper
04-02-2015, 04:02 AM
I too bought a new vtx 1800n and now long gone and aftermarket parts were slim.
Great bike. But now what do we do? I have no plans on trading or selling the b, But my MAJOR
concern is I paid full price for my f6 what happens if insurance ever gets involved. I.e. accident,
theft, or vandalism? I don't want to have to take a hit because HONDA discontinued production.

MDG1957
04-02-2015, 06:01 AM
I got the $2,500 promo on my brand new 2013 Std last week. It brought the price down to $13,500. I figure if I wind up trading out of it in 3 years and have to eat $3-5,000, it is the cost of riding the bike. However, I am hoping that I will like it well enough to keep it for the long haul.

Fla_rider
04-02-2015, 06:52 AM
I got the $2,500 promo on my brand new 2013 Std last week. It brought the price down to $13,500. I figure if I wind up trading out of it in 3 years and have to eat $3-5,000, it is the cost of riding the bike. However, I am hoping that I will like it well enough to keep it for the long haul.

No Doubt you will...

Old Ryder
04-02-2015, 08:44 AM
It was really a good bike-but when they quit making them, all aftermarket stuff comes to a grinding halt. I had a 99 Valkyrie Interstate--- same story, different bike. Can't really blame Honda--they build super bikes but you can't make people buy them! Hence, they loose value. What really sucks is when they stop production and all the parts and bling manufacturers quit, too. That is why I love the B. I don't think Honda will ever quit the Wing--and that is just what we have is a low priced Wing that does not hold value like the fully decked model.

Remember this--and this is important. Just because the "Motorcycle World" does not like the style or model bike you have, does not---or shall I say SHOULD NOT decrease the value of the baby you purchased. I am not thinking of Kelly Blue Book value when I am riding. I bought the bike because I love the bike, and it is because of the reduced popularity of the B model that I could afford it in the first place.

Simply Stated in a clear message: The poor judgement of the resale world does not discourage my passion for this machine. If it does then you are letting other people tell you what you want and don't want based on their standard of value. If you are only keeping it a few years, then it is going to cost you more. Can't blame Honda for that.

stevenolts
04-03-2015, 05:54 PM
When I had my Harley Fatboy totaled I went looking for a new bike and I thought maybe the Kawasaki Concourse or the Yamaha FJR1300 would do the trick. I rode the new Harley Fatboy, Yamaha FJR1300, Valkarie, and F6B back to back. I was in love again with the F6B.

I just bought the F6B 3 weeks ago. I don't know how a person who compares the F6B to a Harley Davidson could choose the Harley. I have ridden a 2010 Harley Davidson Fatboy for the last 5 years. I put 30,000 miles on it and was in love. (I thought) I test ride Harley's for fun to kill time. (They will let you ride one after the other any time you want) I was always looking for something better than the Fatboy. I never found a better bike until I tried the F6B. I had a Honda CB900 for a while but it was too uncomfortable. It had great power and handling but I was miserable after a short ride.

I just got back from a 1700 mile trip on my F6B and it was fantastic. I left after owning the bike for only 2 weeks. During the short time before my trip, I put 750 miles on my F6B. I thought I was in love with the bike before I went on the trip.

I fell in love even more on the highway as the F6B is fantastic on the highway. The last 3 hours of my trip was on back road 2 lane highways (1 lane each direction) with long power sweeping curves and average speed of 70 plus. This is where the F6B really comes alive. It can handle the curves with ease and has all the power you would need. I found my self getting out of control passing 6 cars a time. But all it takes to go from 70 to 90+ is just a little turn of the throttle. The next thing you know you are instantly past the cars and back over with a huge grin on your face.

I can say that if I was rich (or my wife would let me have 3 bikes in the garage) I would add a Harley Fatboy to my collection and end up with my 2013 F6B, 1981 Honda CB750K, 2010 Harley Fatboy.

I hope you all are enjoying your F6B as much as I am.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter what other people think if you know you have the best bike for you.

Steve

motozeke
04-04-2015, 12:36 PM
I didn't get great discounts on my 2013, but do I care? Not really. I plan on putting 100K+ on this bike, and if Honda stops making the F6B I doubt I'll sell it. For what I do, it's right about perfect.

I think this is a cult bike in the making, if Honda discontinues it.

XKnight
04-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Honda has a history of making too many bikes and then offering huge discounts on leftovers. I owned a VTX years ago and just like the F6B, the dealers had leftovers for years and they were heavily discounted. I bought my leftover 2013 F6 last summer at a good price and plan on keeping it for about 5 years. I love the bike and have no doubt I'll get my moneys worth out of it. Over 8K miles and running great. Its by far the most comfortable, best handling and most powerful bagger/cruiser type bike I've owned.

unsub
04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
How can anybody in this forum feel they've been misled by Honda?

Motorcycles are distractions that we buy to make us feel free and unencumbered from our day to day life stuff. They are meant to be purchased with disposable income. Underscore disposable income.

The good news - They are built on a tried and true platform , virtually maintenance free and parts and accessories will be around for a long, long time. Worried about insurance claims affected by depreciation? Then get full replacement insurance.

The really good news - Next year there will be bargains on the 2015's. You know, the model with all the goodies everyone wants! Just hope and pray they don't become more popular. :icon_lol:

Honda can't be blamed for poor uniformed decisions made by the consumer. Please ....don't even bring up the perceived paint issue. It is what it is.

Had to vent...:icon_wink:

grendl
04-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Personally,I got mine after a Harley guy traded his Harley for it, then went back and traded it for a Harley. My good fortune. What I have is a bike that is stable,runs great,smooth as silk,handles the twisties around Colorado beautifully,and where ever I park it ,even the Harley folks come over to check it out,compliment it.
I ride it down the road and people will check it out.I get asked at redlights what is it,even a policeman pulled up to tell me what a beauty it is.
All that aside I love the bike. Everything I want,no complaints,I'll even accept the paint as is until I have the funds to redo that.
Maybe I am the odd one ,but I didnt buy it as an investment. I bought it because I liked it,then rode it and now love it. It was an investment in my pleasure and boyz the return is through the roof !
IMHO,it's a great bike ladies and gentlemen.If I had the money, I'd have another ,thank you very much:icon_redface:

naga viper
04-05-2015, 12:48 AM

Motorcycles are distractions that we buy to make us feel free and unencumbered from our day to day life stuff. They are meant to be purchased with disposable income. Underscore disposable income.

The good news - They are built on a tried and true platform , virtually maintenance free and parts and accessories will be around for a long, long time. Worried about insurance claims affected by depreciation? Then get full replacement insurance.

The really good news - Next year there will be bargains on the 2015's. You know, the model with all the goodies everyone wants! Just hope and pray they don't become more popular. :icon_lol:

Honda can't be blamed for poor uniformed decisions made by the consumer. Please ....don't even bring up the perceived paint issue. It is what it is.

Not to get in a pissing match but new vehicle replacement has a time and mileage limit.
I own a 2013 and 11000 on the clock guess what if some thing happens I loose money.

F6B1911
04-05-2015, 06:50 AM

unsub pretty much summed it all up....

You have to go into a new motorcycle purchase knowing that your investment is not in the vehicle, but in the enjoyment.
If you want an investment, look at a Rune or something from the early 1900's.

It's hard to bicker on the price, I looked at BMW before my F6B, there's a huge price difference there, same with HD.
Ever get service or accessories at a BMW dealer?
Ever get service or accessories at a HD dealer?

And if you were lucky enough to get the extended warranty, that piece of mind is worth a lot.
Ever try to get a 7-year warranty on a BMW?
Ever check the price on an extended warranty on a HD?

All in all, I can't complain about the purchase price on my F6B.
If my bike came with a real paint job, I'd be a happy camper.

Spanky
04-05-2015, 07:07 AM
We have 2 F6b's both were bought under MSRP. for the most part, market prevails. At MSRP, sure some bikes were sold, but many more were not. 3 years later we can find new 13's all over the place. Mother Honda should learn a lesson. Do not put a bike on the floor at $20,999 and a full blown wing with all the bells right next to it for $24k. Most folks will opt for the additional 3k and get all the options. We do not have a $20,999 bike. we have a $17,999 bike. If Honda wants to sell more, they have to price it in the area of what dealers sold 13's for in late 14.

JMHO, but bitching about weather you are upside down or paid too much is a waste of time. We own toys, not necessary in the grand scheme of things. Ride it because you love it, Ride it into the ground, and if the next shiny thing comes around, and you can afford it, go for it.

We had a nice person on here for a while, who maxed out credit to get a bike, and farkle it up, in the end it was sold at a loss and a bad taste was left about the bike. Now, it can be argued that that is more of a social issue, living beyond your means and such. I know alot of people got much better deals than me, twice over. But hell, If i didn't want to pay it, i would have walked away.

Just my $0.02

unsub
04-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Not to get in a pissing match but new vehicle replacement has a time and mileage limit.
I own a 2013 and 11000 on the clock guess what if some thing happens I loose money.

You're absolutely correct and that rule or variant applies to all vehicles, makes and models that are insurable through conventional carriers that offer that service.

Just one other point I'd like to make to the group. Depreciation is only realized when you sell or make a claim on the bike. Until that time the bike is worth every penny you paid for it.:icon_biggrin:

Limoles
04-05-2015, 04:40 PM
You're absolutely correct and that rule or variant applies to all vehicles, makes and models that are insurable through conventional carriers that offer that service.

Just one other point I'd like to make to the group. Depreciation is only realized when you sell or make a claim on the bike. Until that time the bike is worth every penny you paid for it.:icon_biggrin:

YES and YES indeed !!!