PDA

View Full Version : battery life on ACC?

sabre85
03-30-2015, 11:44 PM
About how long does the battery last on acc with the radio on? I sure don't want to try and bump start the big girl.

Jimmytee
03-31-2015, 05:16 AM
About how long does the battery last on acc with the radio on? I sure don't want to try and bump start the big girl.

I have no idea, but a healthy battery should be alright for awhile. I wouldn't set up a picnic and and get carried away.:icon_lol: I have more drain on my battery than the OEM audio system I would think. I replaced the OEM amplifier with an aftermarket for my audio upgrades. I've listened to the stereo , just playing around, for many minutes without a problem.

Fla_rider
03-31-2015, 06:07 AM
I've listen to the radio for a couple of hours without any issues on ACC

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-31-2015, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Fla_rider;69770]I've listen to the radio for a couple of hours without any issues on ACC.

I recently drained my battery parked in the garage while installing speakers and mirror turn signal lights so I would say an hour or so with the iPod playing and occasional tests of the "on" position to verify signals.

stroguy
03-31-2015, 01:30 PM
1 hour to 20 hours depending on health.

srt8-in-largo
04-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Theoretically speaking... : http://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-battery-life

The OEM battery is 20Ah (= 20,000 mAh). How much current do your accessories draw? Let's call it 1 Ah if its just the audio system.

Lets also say you don't want to drain more than 1/2 of the batteries capacity, so we'll use 10 Ah. With the derating factor of 0.7 used by the calculator above, 7 hours should be doable and still have enough juice left to startup.