PDA

View Full Version : Beeping sounds coming from the F6b?

tozco
03-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Ok, After 35 years and counting in the machine shop, too many loud concerts, loud pipes, etc., I can swear I hear a faint beeb coming from the instrument panel on the F6b once in a while when cruising around town. I wear a full face helmet, which isn't helping me discern whether or not I'm actually hearing or imagining the beep. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks, Mike

coffee_weasle
03-31-2015, 10:13 AM
that sounds like my on-going saga with my trip odometers....

when i hear the random beeps.... i look down at the trip odo.

sometimes it beeps once (no changes), when it beeps multiple times it resets either one or both of the trip odometers...

waiting on a honda rep to get back with my local honda shop service manager

i've learned to live with it, just like the voices i hear :banghead::banghead:

Steve 0080
03-31-2015, 10:14 AM
WoW!!! not sure I would have gone public with that info...... grouphug

unsub
03-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Ok, After 35 years and counting in the machine shop, too many loud concerts, loud pipes, etc., I can swear I hear a faint beeb coming from the instrument panel on the F6b once in a while when cruising around town. I wear a full face helmet, which isn't helping me discern whether or not I'm actually hearing or imagining the beep. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks, Mike

Hmmm..I have no idea what would cause the beeping, but you can try this. In settings turn off the "beep" option when buttons are pressed.

-If you still hear the beeping it might be high pitched squeaks coming from inside the shelter, perhaps where a wire harness is chaffing against something.

-If the beeping stops, then you might consider there is a fault with the instrument settings panel.

-It's imagined.

-Tinitus

That's all I got.

:shrug:

Jimmytee
03-31-2015, 10:26 AM
possible malfunction in oneof the buttons. Could be some dirt or moisture causing a button to stick or for continuity where it is not supposed to be , when it's not supposed to be. With the audio beep on for pressing buttons, you could be hearing the offending button randomly making connections when bumps are hit. Just a thought.

coffee_weasle
03-31-2015, 10:30 AM
possible malfunction in oneof the buttons. Could be some dirt or moisture causing a button to stick or for continuity where it is not supposed to be , when it's not supposed to be. With the audio beep on for pressing buttons, you could be hearing the offending button randomly making connections when bumps are hit. Just a thought.

i thought of that,

so i disconnected the button group, it still did the beeping reset thing

(oh , the voices told me to trade the harley for the F6, so they know something, lol).batman-smilie.

tozco
03-31-2015, 05:47 PM
If I turn off the beeb in the audio menu, I'll never figure out what is causing the beep. It's when I ride around with the radio volume at 15 or so, but with the mute on that I hear the occasional beep. I live near many radio towers, could it be that there is a beep when the signal goes between stereo and mono for an instant?

Limoles
03-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Strange - it's really strange !!!

Jimmytee
03-31-2015, 09:00 PM
I keep hearing beeping sounds too. :icon_mrgreen:

bobbyf6b
03-31-2015, 09:32 PM

I do too. It's the four wheelers honking at me when I zip by them. :icon_twisted:

srt8-in-largo
04-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Very odd. The radio towers shouldn't be affecting anything.

I'll stop short of asking the OP if R2D2 is glomming a ride :icon_biggrin:

Jimmytee
04-02-2015, 05:03 AM
Very odd. The radio towers shouldn't be affecting anything.

I'll stop short of asking the OP if R2D2 is glomming a ride :icon_biggrin:

It was on a ride late last summer that I had the thought that my wife on board was a lot like my own R2 unit aboard my X-Wing fighter( F6B) Red 5 :icon_wink:

tozco
04-02-2015, 10:38 AM
I only hear it on the F6b, not on my other machinery. It is the audio beep. It catches me off guard so I don't get a chance to see if it coincides with anything happening on the display. I won't turn the beep off until I solve the mystery.