PDA

View Full Version : Honda Night Wing

opas ride
03-31-2015, 12:12 PM
Wasting some time a while ago on the Internet and fell across a web-site that showed a few photos of a possible 2016/17 Honda Touring bike concept called a NightWing...Was under a site on the forum called 2015 Honda F6B...Photos looked nice, perhaps in the "future"????Anyone else seen these photos anywhere....Just curious, no big deal....Since my post I typed in 2015 Honda NightWing motorcycle on the search bar and sure enough there are several shots of this concept bike....Looks really cool and sleek....

okf6b
03-31-2015, 12:45 PM
One graphic I saw on a Japanese website mentions the E Twin engine....fuel and electric. Sounds like it will be heavier than your average Wing with a bunch of batteries on board.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the future brings.

Amipro
03-31-2015, 03:35 PM
If this is the bike you were speaking of, then we have a disagreement of opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4XY20fyXE
I think it's on the "Fugly" side. Just my op.

MAYHEM01
03-31-2015, 03:50 PM
THAT IS ONE BIG MESS ......

Hornblower
03-31-2015, 05:16 PM
THAT IS ONE BIG MESS ......

:agree: That design team needs to be fired! Talk about ugly :yikes:!

Old Ryder
03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't want one and don't like it, but the Rune, Valkyrie and the CTX 1300 are good examples of what Honda does that no other company would dare to do.

I personally liked the CTX1300 over the F6B, but I am smart enough to know that the CTX1300 will not be here for long---probably not the Valkyrie either and I have my doubts about the F6b. Honda is ahead of it's time and the world is slow catching up. It's a shame.

53driver
03-31-2015, 05:44 PM
I like the cockpit. Having the controls up high instead of by my knees.
After that, well.....I'd be reachin'

opas ride
03-31-2015, 06:09 PM
If this is the bike you were speaking of, then we have a disagreement of opinion.

I did not say I would buy/own one I just said it looked kind of sleek and cool..Opinions will vary....

Phaedrus
03-31-2015, 07:10 PM
I like it. Reminds me of a Honda Pacific Coast some 25 years on.

Limoles
03-31-2015, 07:17 PM
I like it , but firstly wants to see , touch and take a road test .

Ixol Phaane
03-31-2015, 08:48 PM
I love seeing these concepts. And I like the direction Honda takes when moving their designs forward. This is something that I think Honda excels at.

That other Motor Company certainly makes a nice bike... a nice, traditional motorcycle. A nice, traditional, twin cylinder, air cooled motorcycle. But that's all they can build. It's not in their DNA to conceive, design and build a bike with forward thinking technologies and lines like we see from the folks at Honda. And their customer base wouldn't stand for it if they did.

Traditions are fine, but if that's all you got, I think you're really limiting yourself. Truth be told, I would love to see HD come out with some radical new designs like this. But it would be such a departure for them and an extremely tough sell.

I'm glad we have an alternative to the traditional. I really enjoy my F6B. :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
03-31-2015, 09:50 PM
I love seeing these concepts. And I like the direction Honda takes when moving their designs forward. This is something that I think Honda excels at.

That other Motor Company certainly makes a nice bike... a nice, traditional motorcycle. A nice, traditional, twin cylinder, air cooled motorcycle. But that's all they can build. It's not in their DNA to conceive, design and build a bike with forward thinking technologies and lines like we see from the folks at Honda. And their customer base wouldn't stand for it if they did.

Traditions are fine, but if that's all you got, I think you're really limiting yourself. Truth be told, I would love to see HD come out with some radical new designs like this. But it would be such a departure for them and an extremely tough sell.

I'm glad we have an alternative to the traditional. I really enjoy my F6B. :icon_biggrin:

I mostly agree but the V-Rod was a big step forward. I've been told the dealers don't like them as much though, since they don't end up in the shop as often. :icon_doh:

I like the radiator location on the Night Wing. That would have been a better place for the new Valk.

Steve 0080
03-31-2015, 11:22 PM
If it has a 2400 motor in it ...it will sell like hot cakes !!!!!

Bruce B
04-01-2015, 12:33 AM
I did not say I would buy/own one I just said it looked kind of sleek and cool..Opinions will vary....

Looks a bit like an updated Pacific Coast on steroids.

Kurare79
04-01-2015, 02:11 AM
I also like the concept. Reminds me at the front of a sports car... but from the back, it looks like an anvil.

Trike lady
04-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Looks like something out of Star Wars. White ones for the Storm Troopers and a black one for Darth Vader. :crackup:
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:
Even Mr. Spock likes the Goldwing. You can read more about it here. http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Leonard-Nimoy-immortalised-Honda-Goldwing/story-26098803-detail/story.html

Cool Hand Luke
04-01-2015, 10:50 PM
I mostly agree but the V-Rod was a big step forward. I've been told the dealers don't like them as much though, since they don't end up in the shop as often. :icon_doh:

I was told the same by a Service Manager at Jim's HD in St. Pete FL. My Muscle has been nothing but reliable, fast and comfortable on long trips (with my upgrades). IMHO, best engine HD has come up with (with a little help from Porsche).
I really enjoy mine:

12874 12875

That's what I rode to Daytona Bikeweek last month. My next trip will be on F6B! :039:

srt8-in-largo
04-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Grade for effort: A

Grade for execution: tbd

fxdl2051
04-02-2015, 01:18 AM

Now if those were gun ports And air scoops I miiight think about it.