PDA

View Full Version : Interested in F6B.

choptop
07-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Talk of the F6B came up , a few months ago, concerning the bike, on a few bike forums I participate in. Didn't really like the looks of it in the pics, but had a chance to see one, in person, the other day and am interested. Currently have (2) bikes, in my album, I love and would be hard pressed to want to get rid of either one, but reality and economics dictates I must sell one to buy another. Have been reading all I can find and am going to see if I can do a test ride some were, I like the low, raked, bigger front tire look and this would be a total departure, but a good one. Will continue to watch the forum and contribute when I can.

Steve 0080
07-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Welcome...if you are close to Franklin,NC there will be a few F6B's there late August...

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Currently have (2) bikes

Do tell, what are the two you have?

choptop
07-15-2013, 03:04 AM
Welcome...if you are close to Franklin,NC there will be a few F6B's there late August...

Downing Wi,. way's off.

choptop
07-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Do tell, what are the two you have?

'07 Roadstar Warrior and '90 Harley Fl w/127C.I. engine and 6 speed, both in albums section.

chipmaker
07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Well the F6B will surely be a change. I sold a 2010 Deluxe for mine and I love it.

IamBatmanF6B
07-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Well being a guy who owned and still own a Street Glide I can tell you.......................you wouldn't regret replacing one of your motorcycles with the F6B. It is a superb machine that handles and rides like a dream with endless power.

choptop
07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Well I am one step closer to getting a f6b in the future, my Warrior was sold this evening. I have very mixed feelings about that but it is what it is. Have to find a dealer were I can test ride the f6b to see if it is really what I want. Still have my Shtbk, and I love it to.

jkelley
07-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Well being a guy who owned and still own a Street Glide I can tell you.......................you wouldn't regret replacing one of your motorcycles with the F6B. It is a superb machine that handles and rides like a dream with endless power.

If he's running a 127" Harley he knows about power! F6B is a great machine, just be aware the paint is crap, and they are a pain in the ass to work on if you are used to the Harley. I do like mine, but surely miss the Cruise control.

IamBatmanF6B
07-18-2013, 09:13 AM
If he's running a 127" Harley he knows about power! F6B is a great machine, just be aware the paint is crap, and they are a pain in the ass to work on if you are used to the Harley. I do like mine, but surely miss the Cruise control.

I bet he does know about power. One thing about F6B power is your buying it off the showroom floor, no wrenching required to make this thing a torque monster because in stock for it already is! I had to put about 4 grand into my Street Glide to get the power I wanted from it.

imported_scottydi
07-18-2013, 09:57 AM
I bet he does know about power. One thing about F6B power is your buying it off the showroom floor, no wrenching required to make this thing a torque monster because in stock for it already is! I had to put about 4 grand into my Street Glide to get the power I wanted from it.

The ride is completely different from the Harley. I had to do a ton of work to my 05' FLHTCSE2 to get enough power to almost be happy and then I could not rely on it to get me home. I would say the largest adjustment would be the riding/knee position between the two bikes. I had two weeks of regrets after buying the bike until my knees adjusted to the new position. Since then I have not looked back at all.

Scott

jkelley
07-18-2013, 10:35 AM
The ride is completely different from the Harley. I had to do a ton of work to my 05' FLHTCSE2 to get enough power to almost be happy and then I could not rely on it to get me home. I would say the largest adjustment would be the riding/knee position between the two bikes. I had two weeks of regrets after buying the bike until my knees adjusted to the new position. Since then I have not looked back at all.

Scott

I completely agree! I had to put a lot of money in my CVO as well to get it to run, the riding position is still kicking my tail.
I had not ridden mid position in so long I am honestly wondering if I can or even want to get used to it again. My old joints don't seem to like the change. The F6B is overall a great bike with a solid proven platform. Stock to Stock the F6B will out perform most any bike (overall) in my opinion.
The riding position, lack of cruise, and poor paint are beginning to weigh on me though.

Mustangjake
07-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I love mine but I have read that some long legged guys find it uncomfortable.

choptop
07-18-2013, 09:35 PM
As luck would have it, or bad luck, an hour after they came and picked up the Warrior, I took the Harley out for it's first ride since last fall, a leisurely 20 mile ride, well a couple of miles from home, after leaving from a stop sight to a left turn, something went in the engine:icon_frown:. Sounded eerily like it did when a rocker went out and took most of the internals out, 3 years ago. Worst case scenario is that i am bike less till spring, will hate it but the other toys will get some attention.

jkelley
07-19-2013, 05:04 AM
As luck would have it, or bad luck, an hour after they came and picked up the Warrior, I took the Harley out for it's first ride since last fall, a leisurely 20 mile ride, well a couple of miles from home, after leaving from a stop sight to a left turn, something went in the engine:icon_frown:. Sounded eerily like it did when a rocker went out and took most of the internals out, 3 years ago. Worst case scenario is that i am bike less till spring, will hate it but the other toys will get some attention.

OUCH, Sorry dude, that sucks.