PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using a cycleshell motorcycle cover?

nonseven
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM
www.cycleshell.com

Boy, it looks to me that the "cruiser" model would work with the F6B, and that the "tourer" model is overkill.

Anybody got one?

MAYHEM01
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Never used this , but thanks for the thread , I think it is a great cover.

bobbyf6b
04-02-2015, 01:05 PM
That's the one I wish I had. The F6B needs the touring size because of its length. Not sure if it will fit in the cruiser one.

I have one made of cloth/tent like material and it has a hole in it after only a year.

bdmcrider
04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
My '02 VTX1800 spent over 10 years in a CycleShell, it is an amazing product!
It lived outdoors, and other than some normal fading, in not so mild Texas summer heat, it work flawlessly!
I highly recommend CycleShell.

er.medic
04-02-2015, 04:56 PM
I used to have one. I kept my full size GoldWing in the tourer model. Never had any problems with it. If I am ever garage-less in the future, I will get another one.

Tbone56
04-02-2015, 06:20 PM
www.cycleshell.com

Boy, it looks to me that the "cruiser" model would work with the F6B, and that the "tourer" model is overkill.

Anybody got one?

I think I have the Cruiser model, which worked well with the Street Glide, and HD Deluxe, back when I could not park my bikes at the house in the gated community. Since we moved out of that place, I park the bike at the house. I still have the Cruiser Cycle Shell at my office, but I don't think the F6B will fit. I will try it again and report back.

Tbone56

F6Pilot
04-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Ive used this one for the past year and have been very pleased.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GIXPF4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MAYHEM01
04-03-2015, 04:53 AM
I think I have the Cruiser model, which worked well with the Street Glide, and HD Deluxe, back when I could not park my bikes at the house in the gated community. Since we moved out of that place, I park the bike at the house. I still have the Cruiser Cycle Shell at my office, but I don't think the F6B will fit. I will try it again and report back.

Tbone56

thanks let us know because I am seriously considering getting one

bobbyf6b
04-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Ive used this one for the past year and have been very pleased.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GIXPF4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the one I have. After a year in "the valley of the sun" I can push my hand right through the fabric. I have a big hole where I grab it to open it up. Still keeps the bike in the shade though.

BIGLRY
04-03-2015, 11:07 AM
I have two Bike barns (tourer models) http://www.thebikebarn.net/ and love them. I do have to replace the covering about every 6 to 7 yrs, but it is worth it IMO to keep the salt air off my steel steeds that can't be stored in my garage. The F6B is in one and and the Rune in another, they both fit with room to spare.:301:

Not mine, just a stock photo.

shooter
04-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I have two Bike barns (tourer models) http://www.thebikebarn.net/ and love them. I do have to replace the covering about every 6 to 7 yrs, but it is worth it IMO to keep the salt air off my steel steeds that can't be stored in my garage. The F6B is in one and and the Rune in another, they both fit with room to spare.:301:

Not mine, just a stock photo.

You must think a lot of those covers Larry. You have the two best bikes in them.

Tbone56
04-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Tbone56

The Cycle Shell Cruiser model does not work well with the F6B. The wire metal frame does not fit around the F6B mirrors. I guess if you pulled it around one side and then worked hard to get it around the other mirror it might work, or if you bent the mirrors back like you do when changing the windshield, but that is too much of a hassle in my opinion. Best bet would be to get the Tourer model.

F6Pilot
04-04-2015, 10:54 PM
That's the one I have. After a year in "the valley of the sun" I can push my hand right through the fabric. I have a big hole where I grab it to open it up. Still keeps the bike in the shade though.

I can certainly see the AZ sun cooking the canvas. Fortunately, the climate is not quite as bad in the southeast.

MAYHEM01
04-05-2015, 09:11 PM
The Cycle Shell Cruiser model does not work well with the F6B. The wire metal frame does not fit around the F6B mirrors. I guess if you pulled it around one side and then worked hard to get it around the other mirror it might work, or if you bent the mirrors back like you do when changing the windshield, but that is too much of a hassle in my opinion. Best bet would be to get the Tourer model.

Thank you for the update....