PDA

View Full Version : May Consumer Reports Issue

opas ride
04-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Check the rating and repair history's of bikes on pg.52 of the new issue..First time I have seen them do motorcycles...Victory was number 1 in their testing...Honda did very well also, but HD got a big black mark for repairs and reliability....Okay read if you believe what this mag reports.......May issue......

srt8-in-largo
04-03-2015, 01:11 PM
What were the Honda troublespots?

opas ride
04-03-2015, 02:58 PM
What were the Honda troublespots?

If you believe them it was comfort and acceleration, followed by cost of maintenance and repair????...Sounds like a lot of BS to me as most the data they claim they used for the ratings was done by owners from 2008-2014....I will stick to Motorcycle Consumer News for a much better system for testing/rating bikes....Ride safe

wantone
04-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Check the rating and repair history's of bikes on pg.52 of the new issue..First time I have seen them do motorcycles...Victory was number 1 in their testing...Honda did very well also, but HD got a big black mark for repairs and reliability....Okay read if you believe what this mag reports.......May issue......

Victory my ASS!!! I had a cross country I just sold, horrible clutch for a bike that costs $ 22K. One day I just wanted to drop the bike in the middle of ride and walk home. Who the fu*k designed it's clutch. It was better bike than HD but still shitty for me. Its definitely got some positives but I don't want to even look at that bike anymore after my horrible experience. May be I just had lot of expectations. It's still a gr8 bike but needs lot of improvements. How the fu*k in today's world cruise control stops working after riding in rain. And they want to compete with HD. Hope they have learned something and used that experience to build better Indian.

srt8-in-largo
04-03-2015, 05:06 PM
If you believe them it was comfort and acceleration, followed by cost of maintenance and repair????...Sounds like a lot of BS to me as most the data they claim they used for the ratings was done by owners from 2008-2014....I will stick to Motorcycle Consumer News for a much better system for testing/rating bikes....Ride safe

Hmm... I think parts and maintenance items are reasonably priced, but removing the plastic bits at $100/hr can add up. I wonder if this is what got their panties in a bunch.

shooter
04-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Comfort and acceleration??? Other than a V-Rod Harley don't make a bike that will run with a GW. Neither does Victory. I ride with Harleys and Victory's all the time. The B is always the class of the field.

vstar09
04-03-2015, 08:53 PM
:yes:

opas ride
04-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Comfort and acceleration??? Other than a V-Rod Harley don't make a bike that will run with a GW. Neither does Victory. I ride with Harleys and Victory's all the time. The B is always the class of the field.
Remember this is a Consumer Reports article based on motorcycle owners reports over several years...Most of which probably ride a 125 Honda and other bikes offered by Japanese makers....HD and Victory only make larger type bikes and I doubt they ever considered the F6B, GW, Valkyries, etc. in this report....Take it with a "grain of salt" and remember I only posted it for info....PS..I am not a fan of this Magazine and pay little attention to it...My wife likes reading it and pointed out the Motorcycle article......

cosborn
04-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Do they have a pdf or on-line copy of the report, sounds interesting!

Chris

badpapi
04-03-2015, 10:49 PM

hiflyer
04-03-2015, 11:26 PM

I've had some of that BMW 40% biddness

XKnight
04-04-2015, 11:42 AM
My Victory Cross Roads was the least reliable bike I've ever owned. Got rid of it before the warranty expired because it was a lemon. Lots of reports of porous head casings and electrical issues with recent Victory bikes. I will never buy another. Honda and Harley have been extremely reliable for me.

bobbyf6b
04-04-2015, 12:03 PM
I will never believe a word that filthy pos excuse for a "report" says. They completely destroyed Suzuki Automotive in the US after writing a fake report about the Suzuki Samurai tipping over easy. I saw the video where they over and over tried to make it tip, but couldn't until they went way over the speeds of the test. Then they cheered and laughed. A-holes. I owned a Samurai for 17 years (bought new) and it was the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Even after all the years off off-road abuse and eventually rock crawling, I never tipped it over.

After 20 years of litigation and dwindling vehicle sales, Suzuki gave up and went home. They don't sell cars here anymore. All over the world they are popular, safe and reliable.

But I'm not bitter or anything. :icon_evil:

Old Ryder
04-04-2015, 10:01 PM
I will never believe a word that filthy pos excuse for a "report" says. They completely destroyed Suzuki Automotive in the US after writing a fake report about the Suzuki Samurai tipping over easy. I saw the video where they over and over tried to make it tip, but couldn't until they went way over the speeds of the test. Then they cheered and laughed. A-holes. I owned a Samurai for 17 years (bought new) and it was the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Even after all the years off off-road abuse and eventually rock crawling, I never tipped it over.

After 20 years of litigation and dwindling vehicle sales, Suzuki gave up and went home. They don't sell cars here anymore. All over the world they are popular, safe and reliable.

But I'm not bitter or anything. :icon_evil:

Glad to hear you have an open mind. :yes: Mag article is generally one person's opinion.

cwjj2001
04-05-2015, 07:33 AM
I have this issue and it does not state which model bikes are being surveyed i.e..Goldwing or F6B for Honda. For HD most of the people surveyed are probably new owners or people who just traded in a bike that has a lot of miles on it; so their experience to them was amazing. We all now if we responded to Consumer Reports survey this article would have read differently. Most of us owned or are currently owning a HD and we know the truth. Personally reading the article was funny because I think they compared the Honda Shadow and Rebel to HD's more popular bikes Street/Road glides given these are the top selling HD's currently. Back in 2013 when they first compared a HD with a F6B the only bike they find at Hungry for Dollars I mean Harley Davidson...lol; was the CVO Road Glide a bike that cost almost twice the amount of a F6B. As we all know the F6B out performed that bike and that was the last time an article compared the F6B to a Harley.
We all know we have a bike we can enjoy to ride and not just fit in with the crowd like the Harley guys feel they need to do.

P.S. I was shocked at the low ratings for repairs by the Can-Am Spyder, be careful out there Deer Slayer!!!

Steve 0080
04-05-2015, 09:09 AM
"P.S. I was shocked at the low ratings for repairs by the Can-Am Spyder, be careful out there Deer Slayer!!!"

If you are going to own a Can-Am, you need to become a gym rat .......JMHO