PDA

View Full Version : Spring CLeaning and time to get back on the Old Aspencade project

Jimmytee
04-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I originally took my dad's old Aspencade, due to it having an issue. I found him a replacement ,well kind of, a 89 Yamaha Venture Royal. In the mean time I brought his bike from Indpls,IN to my home. I replaced the Pulse Generator , which was the running problem and repaired another trouble spot for these era bikes. The plug from the stator to the regulator. Since then, though it has languished in my garage as a " I'll get back to it one of these days" project. Well, time to get after it. Something needs to happen or I need to do something with it. It's just taking up space. So it's now on the lift for me to get after it.:icon_rolleyes: Needs a paint job, rear shocks, front forks rebuilt) well at least seals, and I'm sure there will be other issues. It's hard to get motivated to put money in it as they are not worth that much, but I keep reminding myself how much my dad will like it when I surprise him with it.
Had a nice ride yesterday. Rode down to Bowling Green with some CVMA brothers and rode a benefit called the Great Teddy Bear Ride. It benefits children of domestic and sexual abuse.

Jimmytee
04-05-2015, 02:51 PM

smokinjoe187
04-05-2015, 02:55 PM

+1 on the surprise is the key!!
that 6 needs a trunk brother!!
the black one will look perfect!!

Jimmytee
04-05-2015, 03:19 PM
+1 on the surprise is the key!!
that 6 needs a trunk brother!!
the black one will look perfect!!

Yeah, thinking about it, but I think I'd want it to match the bike. I'm probably leaning towards a trailer before a trunk though. Two up riding for more than a couple of days is hard to pack. Not that it can't be done, but a trailer makes it a lot less of a packing issue. I've started looking at pull behind the bike trailers for sale. Have seen some good ones. We're planning a riding up to South Dakota in June for Inzane.

But right now, as much as I dislike the idea of trailering my bike, it may be what we do. It's her idea. After the rally, we have to be home in a definite time frame. My wife has to fly to Nevada. I know I could ride whatever the conditions are, but to expect her to :icon_rolleyes: well we're talking three consecutive days of several hundred miles to get home. And we will have to get home for her flight.

srt8-in-largo
04-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Just for fun, can you remove the trunk from the Aspencade and show us what that looks like as a Bagger??

If that yellow stand light is the same one I had, it's gonna fail on ya just when you need it :icon_biggrin:

I finally bit the bullet and spent the money on a better one; give this one a shot if you need to... it's been working well for me and throws a TON of light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQJLFD6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jimmytee
04-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Just for fun, can you remove the trunk from the Aspencade and show us what that looks like as a Bagger??

If that yellow stand light is the same one I had, it's gonna fail on ya just when you need it :icon_biggrin:

I finally bit the bullet and spent the money on a better one; give this one a shot if you need to... it's been working well for me and throws a TON of light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQJLFD6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:icon_biggrin: That yellow stand light was just standing there because I had moved it while sweeping the floor. All it is really good for is collecting dust. The bulbs quit not long after my wife ( bless her heart) had brought it home from an impulse purchase at the store. I hate those lights. The pic doesn't look like it, but I actually have pretty decent lighting in the garage. At some point I 'll get some more lighting.

srt8-in-largo
04-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Ditto for mine... the bulbs blew out almost immediately lol.

So how bout an Aspencade BAGGER pic... ??

Jimmytee
04-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Ditto for mine... the bulbs blew out almost immediately lol.

So how bout an Aspencade BAGGER pic... ??

Not much to take a picture of yet. All the front plastic is off the bike. I took it all off when I did the pulse generator replacement. The only plastic still yet to be removed ia the trunk and saddlebags. Those are coming off soon. I am also trying to decide if I want to put the trunk back on or not. I know I think it would be an improvement in the looks department, but as for the utility of the trunk, I think my dad would probably prefer it.:icon_wink: