PDA

View Full Version : looking at 2015 black F6B...

hgslayr
04-06-2015, 12:57 AM
looking at buying an f6b but after reviewing the board and hearing some of the negative comments how about this bike, I am becoming a little reluctant after hearing a couple of the negatives mainly the wind on the back and the black not having a clear coat on the paint, not to mention the wheels aren't very attractive. can some people provide some positive comments or personal experiences Or fixes for these issues...

taxfree4
04-06-2015, 01:49 AM
looking at buying an f6b but after reviewing the board and hearing some of the negative comments how about this bike, I am becoming a little reluctant after hearing a couple of the negatives mainly the wind on the back and the black not having a clear coat on the paint, not to mention the wheels aren't very attractive. can some people provide some positive comments or personal experiences Or fixes for these issues...

I never get wind on my back or my face now that I changed the stock shield, which is useless. The 2015 model doesn't come in black so you're good there. As far as the wheels you only have to look at them when you get on the bike and get off other than that they'll be spinning so fast from the flat 6 people will be able to look right through them. So many positives but the main thing is besides low center of gravity, bullet-proof engine with a unmatched pedigree for performance, reliability and longevity, incredible network of dealers, ultra-comfortable saddle, unlimited accessory and modification choices, whisper-quiet vibration-free engine, this is the best forum I've ever been on. Very informative and helpful with good people on it.

smokinjoe187
04-06-2015, 01:59 AM
I never get wind on my back or my face now that I changed the stock shield, which is useless. The 2015 model doesn't come in black so you're good there. As far as the wheels you only have to look at them when you get on the bike and get off other than that they'll be spinning so fast from the flat 6 people will be able to look right through them. So many positives but the main thing is besides low center of gravity, bullet-proof engine with a unmatched pedigree for performance, reliability and longevity, incredible network of dealers, ultra-comfortable saddle, unlimited accessory and modification choices, whisper-quiet vibration-free engine, this is the best forum I've ever been on. Very informative and helpful with good people on it.

+1,after almost 3 years now...still makes me giggle...
love the new grey and the blue..plus it has cruise now...
and now it has a good amount of dodads to choose from

so much has changed

Phantom
04-06-2015, 02:38 AM

Curt, nice to see you on the board

Add a vent to the windshield, this will disrupt any reverse vortex behind you and you can always add chrome wheels.

This will never be a Rune but one hell of a great addition to the Rune. I love my Goldwing 'partysmile'

Fla_rider
04-06-2015, 07:12 AM

Wow, if you think those 3 little issues could persuade you into not buying a F6B then you have not really reviewed this board for the positives of riding a F6B. For these go far above minor issues. We would hate to see you post negatives and complain about every little issue. So do us a favor don't buy the F6B and enjoy your Rune. :moon:

As a side note F6B is not about the chrome!

53driver
04-06-2015, 07:29 AM
hgslayr,
Really grooving on the Rune. Always wanted one. Someday perhaps, if Tony has a deal I can't refuse.....
As was mentioned, the "shiny black" is no longer available - so that's no longer an issue - if you are buying new.
The "wind on the back" is a "new" thread. Been in this board since Aug ('14 F6BD in shiny very fast black) and that's the first I have seen it. I think many of us are still wondering if we feel it....
As far as wheels being 'attractive'...to whom? Corbin Smuggler seat doesn't leave room for a passenger, so no, I am not out to impress or pick up "gal pals" who are attracted to wheels. Mine will stay black, and part of the lines of the bike, not to advertise.

Since you are a Rune guy, the whole "flat 6, low center of gravity" thing is already known. You also know Honda puts out a great machine.
What the '6' will do for you that the Rune possibly won't - and I'm guessing here - is give you a well engineered toy to take you elsewhere when the Rune would be too much bling and/or not enough cargo.
I would be concerned leaving a Rune outside a motel. Not as concerned with the '6.'
I have ridden the '6' 1000 miles in a day - absolutely no problem. Rune geometry doesn't look that comfortable - for my frame, at least.
I have taken the '6' through the Smokie Mountains, fully packed, and she had no problems whatsoever.
I am not a big chrome/accessory guy - I have a '95 Heritage for all that, plus loud noises.
The '6' is the modern Corvette you commute with and take to places on weekends.
The Rune (or my Heritage) is the one that comes out for special, local, occasions.

Oh...and my '6' still puts a really stupid smile on my face every time I get going on her. We're 8 months into this relationship and 8k miles.
With a few extra lights and few lights replaced all for better visibility, she's the best bike I have ever ridden.
When it comes to the rider and machine functioning as one entity on the road - there's nothing better.

Welcome to the F6B Forums.
Let us know what you get.

Mufassa001
04-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Great comments hgslayr,
Which driving lights did you put on and switched out headlights, care to share, sounds like you've made some great choices, thanks!!

stroguy
04-06-2015, 07:58 AM
If you drive faster nobody can see your wheels, there will be less wind at your back as the logarithmic frontal to rearal forces co-verge, and the faster you go the less the shine matters. So with that, go buy one.

JackB
04-06-2015, 08:04 AM
I have not noticed any wind on my back when riding.
I have the Bagger windshield 11–19 inch so far I like it.
So far my black paint seems okay it's soft but no real scratches.
I'm not a big fan of the black wheels so I will be putting Goldwing wheels on mine.
URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/DSCF0631.jpg.html]http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/DSCF0631.jpg[/URL]

RLatt
04-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Wow, if you think those 3 little issues could persuade you into not buying a F6B then you have not really reviewed this board for the positives of riding a F6B. For these go far above minor issues. We would hate to see you post negatives and complain about every little issue. So do us a favor don't buy the F6B and enjoy your Rune. :moon:

:lolup: What he said +1

Steve 0080
04-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Hey Curt...Long time no hear.... it is a bigger version of the Rune....just not as pretty !!!

53driver
04-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Hey Curt...Long time no hear.... it is a bigger version of the Rune....just not as pretty !!!

Steve....you and I are going to have to have a serious talk about aesthetics...
This bike is every bit as pretty as a Rune - however, for those of you who are QFC, then the '6' isn't as "shiny" as the Rune.

Fla_rider
04-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Steve....you and I are going to have to have a serious talk about aesthetics...
This bike is every bit as pretty as a Rune - however, for those of you who are QFC, then the '6' isn't as "shiny" as the Rune.

+1:yes: yeah what I said too!

srt8-in-largo
04-06-2015, 01:56 PM
The Rune will will give you a sense of pride and freedom to ride anywhere in your TOWN.

The F6 will will give you a sense of pride and freedom to ride anywhere in your COUNTRY.

Regarding wind on the back and black wheels... there are also bugs on the shield, and the sun does get a bit uncomfortable too. I may have to sell my bike and give up motorcycling altogether :icon_biggrin:

+1:yes: yeah what I said too!

Are we allowed to give thumbs up to our own comments :icon_mrgreen:

srt8-in-largo
04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
All kidding aside, welcome aboard HG.

You will be happy with a 6 if you get one...

XKnight
04-06-2015, 04:57 PM
No issues with wind on the back. It's a bike though so you will feel some wind.:yikes:

Paint isn't as nice as it could be (definitely not up to Harley standards), but after over 8K miles and a few coats of Liquid Glass my paint still looks great.

I think the black wheels look great too, but that's just a personal preference and wheels can always be changed to ones that you like better.

Love my F6B and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great handling, fast, reliable and comfortable long distance tourer.

hgslayr
04-07-2015, 12:02 AM
don't get me wrong I love the looks of the f6b but after spending a short time looking on the board and seeing some of these issues I just want to make sure that there are remedies to overcome some of these small negative issues. I've had a 2005 Honda rune purchased new and love the bike but need something for the girlfriend and I to be comfortable on long rides..She saw my friends victory vision 8 Ball and really liked the looks of it so when I showed her the F6B she thought it looked plain...I love the look of the bikes but wanna make it as badass as my Rune...I appreciate all the positive comments ...

hgslayr
04-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to add that I just didnt like the rough paint finish on the wheels but nothing a good coat of powdercoat wont fix...Looking forward to the storage and the electronics for music ....

USMARINE
04-07-2015, 07:31 AM
don't get me wrong I love the looks of the f6b but after spending a short time looking on the board and seeing some of these issues I just want to make sure that there are remedies to overcome some of these small negative issues. I've had a 2005 Honda rune purchased new and love the bike but need something for the girlfriend and I to be comfortable on long rides..She saw my friends victory vision 8 Ball and really liked the looks of it so when I showed her the F6B she thought it looked plain...I love the look of the bikes but wanna make it as badass as my Rune...I appreciate all the positive comments ...

Greetings hgslayr

I purchased my 6 less than a month ago, matte. And all that I could say is if you want jaw dropping looks, super performance, and the unlimited fun factor get the 6. As 53driver stated use the Rune for special occasions; I also have a HD for that. With the 6 you will not get the belly button factor ( everyone has one) effect.

S/F

Old Ryder
04-07-2015, 08:41 AM

When I bought my B, I also was looking--and loving the Vision 8 Ball. But I wanted out of the V Twin thing. I guess some may see the B as "plain"--I think the simple un-chromed look is one of the things that attracted me. To each his own.

This and the other "wind on the back thread" is the first I have heard of such a thing. Remember, it is a motorcycle and I always thought wind was suppose to be part of the motorcycle experience. If I didn't want wind, then I drive the car. :shrug:

The paint could be better. I heard the EXACT same thing while I rode my 2 Victorys and I was on their boards. Harley sets the benchmark in paint, but you have to put up with a lot of other stuff just to look at that nice gas tank while you are riding (since that is really all you see while on the bike)

I see the black wheels as matching the personality of the rest of the bike and after cleaning chrome on my Harleys for 10 years, I love the black wheels.

Here is what I have learned about bikes since I got my first Honda in 1977. There is NO perfect machine for ALL style of riding and what you want to do. The bike that is big and comfortable is going to be heavy and not as nimble as a sportbike. The sportbike that zips thru the turns is not going to have a radio or make 600 mile days a pleasure. If you like a lot of chrome and bling, a rag and water hose are going to keep your hands busy when they could be on the handle bars.

I think what most of us are saying is that our B is the absolute best compromise in style, handling, wind management without a barn door that you have to look through, comfort and I have yet to hear anybody complain about a lack of power--- even from the slow red one--which I happen to own. :duck:

If paint, wheels and wind are deal breakers for you, then you may be suited for another machine. Nothing wrong with that. But you can't have mine :clap2:

hgslayr
04-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Old ryder and Marine, all good points ...Appreciate your points of view ...After 40 years of riding many different bikes Ive never owned a bagger or ever had a windshield so Im looking forward to it..

After riding the rune for 600 mile stretches to Malibu and getting there only wanting to sleep for the next 2 days from the fatigue, Im looking forward to a more comfortsble ride..
Again thanks for all the info...

Alberta Beagle
04-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Any negatives about this bike are far out weighed by the positive ride experience.

If you want to see negative comments on bikes just limp on over to the HD or Victory forums. Those will have you reaching for your check book and writing a big old check to your Honda dealer quicker than you can imagine.

Beagle

hgslayr
04-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Alberta...Always been a Honda guy and will stay that way..

racer
04-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better...

Having the fastest, best handling factory cruiser bagger isn't for everyone.

hgslayr
04-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Wow...I was trying to gather info about concerns Ive seen posted on the forum, not complaining at all because Ive already made up my mind that the F6B will be my next bike..Just wondered how some have remedied these issues and to get the positive inputs as well...Thanks again for those who've been cordial and informative...

srt8-in-largo
04-08-2015, 08:06 PM
We're a silly bunch :icon_biggrin:

sshake1905
04-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Hey hgslayr......FYI.....if you are wondering about chrome after market pieces, do a search on the forum and check out my photo album....and others as well....for possible chrome add ons...

Good to hear from another "chrome whore"...(as my wife calls me)....:yikes:

sshake1905

Old Ryder
04-09-2015, 09:38 AM
We're a silly bunch :icon_biggrin:

Yea---we all need some sensitivity training. :icon_mrgreen: Almost forgot--Welcome to the board HGSLYER .welcome20. We are crude, but we got big hearts. grouphug

hgslayr
04-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks Old Ryder....looking forward to riding this beauty....