PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Silver F6B Finally all Set Up...

Riknchar
04-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Hello F6B Forum friends! It's been a while since I've posted, and I just "finished" setting up my 2015 Silver F6B just the way I like it, so I thought I'd post a photo and a brief description of what I ended up doing.

Like virtually everyone, I found the original shorty windshield to be pretty useless (although I do like how it looks). I first tried out the 11 inch BaggerShield dark tinted windshield, but still was getting more turbulence than I wanted. I switched to the WindBender HPS, and am much happier with the overall airflow. (If anyone is interested in a nearly new 11 inch BaggerShield, I'd be willing to sell it cheaply).

I next worked on Highway Pegs. I seriously considered the Rivco's for their sleek look, but ended up installing the Kury Ergo IIIs. After some fiddling with the extension length, I think I have them set perfectly for me (31 inch inseam), and I like the way they look on the bike (although I wish they were matte black instead of shiny black).

I added the Baker Hand Wings in smoke tint -- this one was a no-brainer. I love how they decrease the wind noise and turbulence, and I enjoy turning them around to bring air onto my chest when it's really hot outside.

My last mod was to add the Utopia driver backrest. I was able to order the backrest and have it installed by Dillon Brothers in Omaha for a total of $285 (with tax). I know I could have done the work myself, but I figured I'd let the experts cut into my seat...

So now my F6B is all set up and ready for some nice long trips this summer... the bike still only has 450 miles on it, still getting broken in. Almost time for the first oil change, I guess.

I do love the way this bike looks and handles. I had a 2003 full Wing for many years, and while I miss the convenience of the Top Box, I am way happier with the more "youthful" look and improved handling of the F6B. I got a killer deal on the bike from Dillon Brothers in Omaha (so low I had to promise not to post the price I paid), and took advantage of the Honda 1.89% financing for 36 months.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the amazing tips, advice, and general conversation about the best bike ever made!

53driver
04-06-2015, 09:27 AM
...the bike still only has 450 miles on it, still getting broken in. Almost time for the first oil change, I guess.

Bike looks great! Glad you are happy and got a great deal.

One thought...do the 2015 Manuals say first oil change at 600 miles? My 2014 said 4,000 was the first change.
Just wondering....

strickf6b
04-06-2015, 09:42 AM
:yes: great looking bike know you enjoy riding it turning heads.

stroguy
04-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Sharp and elegant. Enjoy the riding.

Hornblower
04-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi, Riknchar :039:. The basic mods you've already done show how informed and intelligent you are :yes: This is a very good start indeed, IMHO. Enjoy the ride!

Riknchar
04-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Bike looks great! Glad you are happy and got a great deal.

One thought...do the 2015 Manuals say first oil change at 600 miles? My 2014 said 4,000 was the first change.
Just wondering....

53Driver: To be honest, I'm not sure what the recommend first oil change mileage is in the book. I just figured it made sense to change it out after the first 600 miles or so. It may be overkill. I'm curious what others think of doing a fairly early first oil change?

Thanks! Rick

bigbird
04-06-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm curious what others think of doing a fairly early first oil change?

Oh no. :icon_deadhorse:

53driver
04-06-2015, 05:06 PM
53Driver: To be honest, I'm not sure what the recommend first oil change mileage is in the book. I just figured it made sense to change it out after the first 600 miles or so. It may be overkill. I'm curious what others think of doing a fairly early first oil change?

Thanks! Rick

Okay - follow the manual. Please.
Especially regarding the rear drive!

Do a forum search for "oil change" or "interval" and you'll see how we have beaten that poor horse....
Cheers! Steve

MAYHEM01
04-06-2015, 05:13 PM
LOOKS GREAT:yes:

srt8-in-largo
04-06-2015, 08:02 PM
So..., you think you're done with mods, huh :icon_biggrin:

USMARINE
04-07-2015, 07:41 AM

Thanks! Rick

While picking up my 2015 and visiting the service manager he told me the first oil chane was due at 4k.

Riknchar
04-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Oh no. :icon_deadhorse:

Oooops! I really didn't intend to resurrect a horse that's already been flogged into oblivion ;-)

After all the time I've spent reviewing this Forum, I should have realized what a can of worms I was reopening with my oil change interval comment... Please forgive me, forum friends!

Riknchar
04-07-2015, 07:58 AM
So..., you think you're done with mods, huh :icon_biggrin:

Well, in theory, yes, but I do get your point... I do see how continuously "farkling" the bike could be fun and addictive... I did have my eye on the fork brace, now that you mention it...

baiao
04-07-2015, 07:27 PM
AWESOME!! matte silver!
I will install my windbender ST this weekend, I have 383 miles on my red F6B ,. stock windshield not very good on highway trips.

C'Ville
04-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Great looking bike, I did a 400 mile trip on my F6B this past weekend, love it more each trip.