PDA

View Full Version : Riding to Montana, for the Gold Rush Rally

MichaelG
07-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Leaving this morning, in about 80 minutes, to ride 800 miles to Big Sky, Montana, for the GWTA Gold Rush Rally. It is convenient that my father lives in Bozeman, MT. so I can visit with him on this ride.

If anyone else is going to Montana for the Gold Rush Rally, PM me, and I will check my messages. Supposed to be hot there, mid 90's.:icon_frown:

MichaelG
07-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Leaving in 4 minutes...3 minutes...2 minutes...1 minute...blast off :duck:

ghostrider
07-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Are you going through Lewiston and Lolo pass? I was just passed through Lolo pass this past weekend.....beautiful ride!

Anyone in the area, I highly recommend the ride from Boise to Grangeville through Lolo pass down to Salmon and back to Boise or any of that section of road. You just have to watch for deer and rocks in the road in some areas. We even saw a bighorn sheep trotting down the highway.

MichaelG
07-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I did end up going through Lewiston and over Lolo Pass. Always a nice ride, but it was 96 degrees out.

Juts west of Clarkston, WA., I came upon a road service vehicle that was re-entering the roadway, and I was a little too far back to notice...what was in the back of the truck. It really stunk up the high heavens, and ass I got closer, I realized WHY. There was the carcass of a dead deer in the back of the truck...roadkill...and WOW did it stink. I passed that truck as fast and as soon as I could.

Now in Bozeman, MT, and at 9:30 pm, it is still over 90 degrees out.

ghostrider
07-16-2013, 06:59 AM
It was pleasant when we rode through there in the low 80s. I was invited to ride with a club called the "Iron Warriors". They all had Harley's and there were about 10 of us. I had to take some ribbing about my Honda like...You better start your bike first so you know if it's running. Haha
It was interesting riding with a group especially a bunch of loud Harley's sporting vests with colors and thundering through those small towns and everybody looking.

MichaelG
07-16-2013, 04:32 PM
The weather in Montana has changed considerably in the past m12 hours...thunder storms, rain, and winds. That means...it has turned out to be nice...versus the heat we had yesterday.

The GWTA Gold Rush rally here is a bust...less than 100 bikes total, that I could see...NO vendors...NO pinstripers...NO tire change guys....etc.

I am leaving tomorrow morning, as there is nothing more to stay for. Better to be home, than waste time here.

And...hey Bob & Steve...my witty humor has run its' course, so go ahead and have a laugh at my expense:icon_wink:

bob109
07-16-2013, 05:10 PM
The weather in Montana has changed considerably in the past m12 hours...thunder storms, rain, and winds. That means...it has turned out to be nice...versus the heat we had yesterday.

The GWTA Gold Rush rally here is a bust...less than 100 bikes total, that I could see...NO vendors...NO pinstripers...NO tire change guys....etc.

I am leaving tomorrow morning, as there is nothing more to stay for. Better to be home, than waste time here.

And...hey Bob & Steve...my witty humor has run its' course, so go ahead and have a laugh at my expense:icon_wink:

Get yourself home safely and get those "woody" passenger peg hole covers done:icon_wink:

ghostrider
07-17-2013, 07:38 AM

ghostrider
07-17-2013, 07:39 AM