PDA

View Full Version : How does the F6B work for 2-up touring?

Bsharp1057
04-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Looking at buying a new GW but once I rode the F6B that's what I want! How does the F6B work as a 2up touring bike? Wife likes to go part of the time so I would like her to be comfortable and enjoy not be miserable. Love this forum tons of great info...

Thanks

stroguy
04-08-2015, 06:26 PM
It's perfect. It's three hours of driving and then a fuel stop, walk around, drink, eat, repeat. My wife loves the higher backrest much better than the butt chock. She is quite content on this bike.

hoglaw
04-08-2015, 06:40 PM
My wife hadn't ridden in years because of the Harley vibrations. She absolutely loves the F6B. She's with me so much now I'm thinking about trading for another Harley...BSEG.

unsub
04-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Ditto, my wife enjoys being a passenger on this bike. Very comfortable stock seat for us. Wouldn't change a thing. I have read and heard that some co pilots that are used to a standard wing, prefer the F6 seating and say it's roomier.

shooter
04-08-2015, 07:36 PM
My wife says that the stock seat is the most comfortable she has sat on. I watch my tire pressure and keep the preload down for her. We like it and have done several 300 plus mile days.

bobbyf6b
04-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Passenger backrest extension is a must! One of our members sells them on e bay.

Other than that a taller windshield and Baker Hand Wings.
(wings reduce buffeting on passenger)

Ixol Phaane
04-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I do have the stock seat... but added a taller shield, and hand wings... passenger floorboards and backrest riser. And now my GF gets so comfortable on the back that she d*mn near falls asleep! How's that for an endorsement? :icon_biggrin:
When she's happy, I'm happy.

So now it's like Stroguy said "...three hours of driving and then a fuel stop, walk around, drink, eat, repeat."

Big Jay
04-08-2015, 08:26 PM
I think these guys covered it pretty well. :039:

srt8-in-largo
04-08-2015, 08:38 PM

I think Steve0080 is close to selling the last ones he has on hand... he said these will be the last ones, but idk, he may have to fire the kiln back up :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
04-08-2015, 11:38 PM
It is always possible...but this time would require some pre-sales....

jcmurray
04-08-2015, 11:42 PM
We do a lot of long trips. Coming off a Honda Interstate that I loved. Just got my F6B and so far my wife loves it. 600 miles on the bike and some woman broadsided me. Still waiting on the insurance adjuster to let me know. Anyway, for the short time my wife was on it, she thought it was a great.

RickJ
04-09-2015, 08:21 AM
My wife hadn't ridden in years because of the Harley vibrations. She absolutely loves the F6B. She's with me so much now I'm thinking about trading for another Harley...BSEG.

that's funny!!

Old Ryder
04-09-2015, 09:45 AM
You guys are not going to believe this, but the wife says the stock seat is by far the most comfortable he has ever sat on---and she has sat on a number of Saddleman, Corbin, Mustang and Drag Specialities seats. After having the Mustang tuck and roll on for a few weeks, SHE IS TICKED OFF AND WON'T GET OVER IT. She says the stock is much better. She wants me to switch them out when she rides and you guys know what kind of job that is. But I am having a hard time convincing her that the $540 add on is better than stock. Go figure---this has never happened on ANY other bike. :icon_doh:

hoglaw
04-09-2015, 10:18 AM
You guys are not going to believe this, but the wife says the stock seat is by far the most comfortable he has ever sat on---and she has sat on a number of Saddleman, Corbin, Mustang and Drag Specialities seats. After having the Mustang tuck and roll on for a few weeks, SHE IS TICKED OFF AND WON'T GET OVER IT. She says the stock is much better. She wants me to switch them out when she rides and you guys know what kind of job that is. But I am having a hard time convincing her that the $540 add on is better than stock. Go figure---this has never happened on ANY other bike. :icon_doh:

Had a similar experience. Rode over to Daytona and tried an Ultimate seat. I liked it, but she didn't...so I saved $1000.

valkmc
04-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Had a similar experience. Rode over to Daytona and tried an Ultimate seat. I liked it, but she didn't...so I saved $1000.

Same here, my wife loves it, I hate it. Looking for someone to reshape it for me and leave the back alone. Spencer seats did that for me on my C14, only he reshaped the back for her and left mine alone. He won't work on GW or F6 seats. I want better foam and the riser reshaped and I will be happy. My wife does say nothing beats the Wing seat but the F6 is close.

MorrisGray
04-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Can you post a link to the backrest extensions sold please?

srt8-in-largo
04-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Can you post a link to the backrest extensions sold please?

See post #10 above; Steve makes these. I'd PM him for the most current status.

... and maybe others can link some threads showing them installed.

stroguy
04-09-2015, 12:26 PM
This would be your new height with the STEVE'O backrest extension. It is perfect in my wifeys opinion.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/DSCF0487_zpstaejja32.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/DSCF0487_zpstaejja32.jpg.html)

I have a lil MOLLE bag that fits right under the cushion, faces foward which is perfect for a cell phone or camera. Wife doesn't know it is there. But she can reach behind and pull out her phone if she wants to surf or GPS us while driving.

Fla_rider
04-09-2015, 01:37 PM
My wife is kind of on the small side. She loves the F6B seat and the regular back rest. I've asked her if she wants Steve's backrest and all she does is cus and say that crazy maniac made it? :icon_mrgreen: Kidding a side- it is a good product.

miramiramira
04-09-2015, 01:40 PM

racer
04-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Looking at buying a new GW but once I rode the F6B that's what I want! How does the F6B work as a 2up touring bike? Wife likes to go part of the time so I would like her to be comfortable and enjoy not be miserable. Love this forum tons of great info...

Thanks

She'll love the ride.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22/harley-davidson-cvo-road-glide-vs-honda-gold-wing-f6b-deluxe-comparison-test/

The F6B’s silky-smooth engine, fabulous seats, compliant suspension and faultless ergonomics made both rider and passenger feel like they truly were in the lap of luxury. I never squirmed in the very least atop the Honda’s saddle, and Rosanne—who has logged countless miles on many different bikes as my co-pilot—said the passenger compartment was the most comfortable she had ever experienced. “Everything was ideal,” she noted, “the seat shape, the backrest location, the footpeg placement. I could have ridden back there forever.”

ddoug
04-10-2015, 07:43 AM
I think the smile says it all !13099

Darkknight
04-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Sweetie and I rode from Acadia National Park Maine to Georgia on my 13 fast Black. She loved the stock seat but I wanted an Untimate and I purchased one. She's ridden probably 15500 of my 17500 miles so far and is very disapointed when I leave without her.

pitcherd
04-16-2015, 05:41 PM
The backseat was the one of the sole reasons that I purchased the F6B. I searched many bikes and when my wife sat on the back of the F6B she was sold. We ride 200 to 300 a weekend and she falls a sleep. The one thing that I do like about the bike is that you don't even notice a passenger. The bike still handles great rides smooth and I get better gas mileage, because I ride slower of course.

tinkerman
04-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Yup....bought mine last year and ran it to Canada's east coast with the missus on the back.....she was perched back there with a big smile on the whole trip.....great bike.....no prob to tour with it if you don't need to drag the kitchen sink with you....I bet a trailer would make it an even more versatile rig.

tink