PDA

View Full Version : OOOPS! Someone took a video

racer
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
http://calibrepress.com/2015/04/video-officer-arrested-on-murder-after-video-emerges/

With the evidence so far, looks like a well deserved murder charge.

Hornblower
04-09-2015, 02:33 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I find it very interesting that someone else who knew the victim just happened to be taking video. Is it possible that the "friend" was taking video hoping to sucker some white policeman into doing something stupid? If so, I don't imagine they ever considered anybody actually getting shot over whatever they did to provoke this cop. Don't get me wrong on this...I'm not necessarily supporting the cop but I do have to wonder what happened before the video we get to see started rolling. I'd love to see the entire event covered on the news and not just a policeman shooting someone in the back. As Paul Harvey used to say, "and now, for the REST of the story".

racer
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
I haven't heard that. As far as I know they never met. The videographer has met the family through this ordeal.

Got a link or something?

Hornblower
04-09-2015, 03:34 PM
I haven't heard that. As far as I know they never met. The videographer has met the family through this ordeal.

Got a link or something?

As you say, we don't know much about the guy shooting the video and no, I have no more info than you do. I did see an interview with him and got the impression that he knew the victim but I don't know anything beyond that. As posted, I have more questions than answers and that was my point. Considering this event probably took only a few seconds, don't you find it interesting that someone just happened to be taking video and further, we're only being shown the part after the initial confrontation?

F6B1911
04-09-2015, 05:16 PM
I found the video and watched it, not sure why shots were fired, it appears all shots were fired to the guys back while he was running??
Curious about the object that the cop ran to pick up and drop near the guy he shot, kinda blurry. You don't get the whole context from the video I watched.
The media may make this a big story for quite a while.
I would imagine Al and Jesse are already en route.

Limoles
04-09-2015, 06:51 PM
33 years old , "very well trained" cop couldn't run , then apprehend 50 years old and unarmed man ? It doesn't matter , how one can like and respect police enforcement , but 8 bullets for broken light was NOT justified at all !!! Yes - the guy was due to pay child support . Now the State will pay for it and lawyers got richer .

cosborn
04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
The whole thing is so sad and it's happening too often.....................................

Chris

Phantom
04-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Still don't have all of the facts.

The following video (click on YAHOO link below) shows the officer pulling over the deceased for a vehicle violation, in my opinion there is no way that the person that captured the second half of the altercation could have orchestrated to be at the same location at the same time. Just my 2 cents. Why did the deceased run? maybe there was a warrant for his arrest? maybe he was tired of constantly being harassed by LEO's? We may never know.

As I said earlier, I don't have the facts, but it does not look good for the officer based on what has come out.

http://news.yahoo.com/dash-cam-video-shows-officer-pursuing-man-shooting-221654486.html

cwjj2001
04-09-2015, 07:22 PM
33 years old , "very well trained" cop couldn't run , then apprehend 50 years old and unarmed man ? It doesn't matter , how one can like and respect police enforcement , but 8 bullets for broken light was NOT justified at all !!! Yes - the guy was due to pay child support . Now the State will pay for it and lawyers got richer .

Yes a 33 year old cop not being able to run down and tackle a 50 year old:shock:. I read somewhere that guy had been arrested a few times for not paying child support. He apparently just started a new job; he must have thought the cop would arrest him once again which would jeopardize his new employment. I am not saying this gave him the right to run but he did not deserve to get shot since he was not a threat to the officers life. The interesting part to me is that there are no cars in the video since this was a traffic stop and the victim was tased by the officer before running away. So Ken you do bring up a good point as to what happened before the video started, but again there is nothing in the video that gave the officer the right to fire his weapon.

Training Training Training is what is needed to stop this from continuing to happen.

Phantom
04-09-2015, 07:25 PM
So Ken you do bring up a good point as to what happened before the video started, but again there is nothing in the video that gave the officer the right to fire his weapon.

here you go .....

http://news.yahoo.com/dash-cam-video-shows-officer-pursuing-man-shooting-221654486.html

Hornblower
04-09-2015, 08:52 PM
I agree with you, Calvin. For sure, there is more to the story but nothing seems to justify this extreme action. I know this...even as a licensed concealed carrier, I simply cannot shoot someone running away from me regardless of what they have done to me previously. I have to believe that my life is in imminent danger in order to take lethal action. The same standard should apply to law enforcement.

53driver
04-09-2015, 10:01 PM
I agree with you, Calvin. For sure, there is more to the story but nothing seems to justify this extreme action. I know this...even as a licensed concealed carrier, I simply cannot shoot someone running away from me regardless of what they have done to me previously. I have to believe that my life is in imminent danger in order to take lethal action. The same standard should apply to law enforcement.

Concur. Well written.

Steve 0080
04-09-2015, 11:20 PM

You, Sir really need to be more specific when you are speaking about someone and not throw the entire USA Police Departments into your harangue !

Steve 0080
04-09-2015, 11:29 PM
As far as this situation goes, I cannot think of a reason to shoot the guy, short of him escaping from killing,molesting and beheading a child...so there are reasons to do this, just not in this case.

No sure anyone will ever know what he was thinking but I feel confident he will have many,many years to think it over!

As far as facts, the man was apparently behind in his child support, resisted arrest and ran. In no manner can this be a reason to shoot the guy. Fleeing felon laws where removed from the books 40 years ago. Looks like everyone else did their job...

Always amazed me that videos are manipulated in some manner before going public, this IMHO is done so someone can make money and give fodder to the race baiters... So when do the people of color start burning this town...after all it is their right?

taxfree4
04-10-2015, 12:53 AM
This just makes it so much harder for the good cops on the job, another layer of distrust has been put between them and the community because of a very bad, and fatal, decision by one cop. Imagine the adrenalin on both sides during a routine traffic stop in that town now.

srt8-in-largo
04-10-2015, 01:03 AM
here you go .....

OMG...so before the video surfaced, this cop said he struggled with the motorist over his taser... which is now shown to be an outright lie.

This is just SICKENING. This is no cop; this is a dangerous moron in uniform.

Limoles
04-10-2015, 01:03 AM
You, Sir really need to be more specific when you are speaking about someone and not throw the entire USA Police Departments into your harangue !

Specifically speaking , this is simple act of stupid and bloody violence . Now and after exposing to the world true picture of shooting , Police Dept. must change presumedly initial version of "grabbed taser" , which still didn't create any threat to the supposedly "victimized cop" . I don't see here anything , which could comply with the Police protocols in name of "SERVE & PROTECT". Do you ?

Limoles
04-10-2015, 01:09 AM
This just makes it so much harder for the good cops on the job, another layer of distrust has been put between them and the community because of a very bad, and fatal, decision by one cop. Imagine the adrenalin on both sides during a routine traffic stop in that town now.

This "trust" is gone long time ago . One apple can spoil all basket . Irreversible damage to both sites.

Brian D
04-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Having wi fi problems could only watch the shooting video. I don't see the cops life in danger when the man is 10-12 steps away from him running away. Then it sounds like the cop fires 5-6 shots. looks guilty to me.

stroguy
04-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Impossible for this officer to justify the dead man as any type of imminent threat to himself or to anyone. Discharging your duty weapon can only be done with that in mind. Police don't fire warning shots and they don't fire to wound, injur or slow down a threat. It is a deadly force weapon and is the LAST resort in all situations.

Counter this situation with the following video. In this case the officer has been called to the church because of a threat to a church member and the report the threat was armed. You decide if this officer was justified. The man running dropped his gun, picked it up and yes he tried to run, but after the smoke cleared the gun was found next to the dead mans body.

http://youtu.be/APX19gabr8Q

Steve 0080
04-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Specifically speaking , this is simple act of stupid and bloody violence . Now and after exposing to the world true picture of shooting , Police Dept. must change presumedly initial version of "grabbed taser" , which still didn't create any threat to the supposedly "victimized cop" . I don't see here anything , which could comply with the Police protocols in name of "SERVE & PROTECT". Do you ?

None what so ever...I just don't understand the glee in which you bash the Police.....

srt8-in-largo
04-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Impossible for this officer to justify the dead man as any type of imminent threat to himself or to anyone. Discharging your duty weapon can only be done with that in mind. Police don't fire warning shots and they don't fire to wound, injur or slow down a threat. It is a deadly force weapon and is the LAST resort in all situations.

Counter this situation with the following video. In this case the officer has been called to the church because of a threat to a church member and the report the threat was armed. You decide if this officer was justified. The man running dropped his gun, picked it up and yes he tried to run, but after the smoke cleared the gun was found next to the dead mans body.

Justified; next.

People will dissect and analyze every small movement and fill every small moment with "what-if's" and "shoulda, coulda's".

The fact is if you have a weapon (gun, knife, stick, whatever)... and you act uncooperatively... evasively... aggressively... then you run the risk of being taken out. This is indeed part of the "To Serve and Protect".

racer
04-10-2015, 11:02 AM
You decide if this officer was justified. The man running dropped his gun, picked it up and yes he tried to run, but after the smoke cleared the gun was found next to the dead mans body.

Since the call was for a death threat + the suspect had a weapon that he dropped + retrieved = good shooting.

Very different than the thread's subject- the shooting of a fleeing, unarmed man after a traffic stop.

stroguy
04-10-2015, 01:03 PM
No its dead nuts on to the title of the thread...........video. that's what I embedded.