PDA

View Full Version : Man What a Ride!!!

wantone
04-11-2015, 10:27 PM
I moved to Beckley, WV from Louisville,KY in Oct 2014. I had left my bike there at the dealer to install Lower Progressive Monotones, superbrace, belly pan, and rocky's risers. So I woke up today at 5 AM and drove to Louisville to pick up my bike. 5 Hrs drive there and 5 Hrs ride back and I'm not even tired yet. I did take a Motrin 800 MG before the ride since I have not been riding for last 6 months. So I don't know if it's the Motrin doing the trick or Bike really is that comfortable. At 70 MPH I felt like I was going really slow, at 80 MPH felt like I was gliding on the cloud, 90 and above I felt wind uncomfortably noisy. 300+ miles of awesome riding. This was my first long distance highway riding on F6. I may try different windshield down the road, currently I have Madstad and Baker mirror wings. I can honestly say now that stock front suspension on F6 is crap. Progressive monotubes are really worth it. If progressive is such a good product I wonder how Traxxion is ?. I have mustang seat and Lowered progressive, still not Flat foot. I need to look at my rear preload, last time I went all the way up.

I am not there yet but I still have lots of mods to be done. I went from kury to rocky's risers but still not happy. I did not have any back pain(May be Motrin) but still need more pullback, will Helibars do the trick ?. I wood luv to have Ultimate seat for its comfort but I'm afraid that I will loose 1 inch lower advantage. I may try cheap option first before going to Ultimate seat, and that is bear rider.

So next mods for me wud be Helibars for more pullback(depending upon ur responses), Ultimate seat, and --------.

Thank you.

Steve 0080
04-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Yep, the Progressive Monotones are the way to go ...really enjoy mine... they take the jarring out of the front end... rear shock, set it half way...

srt8-in-largo
04-12-2015, 12:38 AM
It's an incredible highway cruiser huh :icon_biggrin:

I've never felt so in-control, capable, and confident at highway speeds than on this machine.

You guys have me curious again about modding my front end. Maybe I'm just easy to please but I've been happy with the OEM front.

Old Ryder
04-12-2015, 02:55 PM
everything is coming up Harley in my searches

opas ride
04-12-2015, 03:19 PM
It's an incredible highway cruiser huh :icon_biggrin:

I've never felt so in-control, capable, and confident at highway speeds than on this machine.

You guys have me curious again about modding my front end. Maybe I'm just easy to please but I've been happy with the OEM front.

Still not convinced the "front end is crap" statement..Like many older riders, maybe I am just easy to please also, and have no real reasons to ride harder..A little harshness in the front forks is fine with me as it only occurs over really nasty, bumpy, roads...Oh well, too each his own and their wallets.....Ride safe...

53driver
04-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I can honestly say now that stock front suspension on F6 is crap.

I cannot accept this is in good faith either. "Crap stock suspension" is reserved for my '73 Sportster.
If you think the stock F6B suspension is crap, you have a lot of catching up to do on a lot of different machines. I'm not saying you didn't make it better. Also, maybe you have only ridden $50k track bikes?

Steve 0080
04-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post

I think what he is saying, that NOW compared to stock, the front end is/was crap...I happen to agree...NOW for those who have not ridden a bike with the Progressive Mono-tubes installed don't really know the NEW felling...this can also be said for those who installed Traxion, or however it is spelled...

Don't kick what you have not tried.....

Jimmytee
04-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post

I think what he is saying, that NOW compared to stock, the front end is/was crap...I happen to agree...NOW for those who have not ridden a bike with the Progressive Mono-tubes installed don't really know the NEW felling...this can also be said for those who installed Traxion, or however it is spelled...

Don't kick what you have not tried.....

That would seem reasonable, however I seem to recall Wantone having that assessment of the front end before he had the work done.:icon_rolleyes:

I have not tried the Progressives so I can't make an honest comparison, but I do ride pretty aggressive in the twisties and have not felt I was lacking. Agressive enought that the idea of losing ground clearance and turn angle doesn't appeal to me at all as far as lowering the bike. I scrape the pegs hard enough now.:icon_cool: I might feel I'm lacking after trying the Progressive upgrades though , but crap?

XKnight
04-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Only time I notice any issues with the stock front suspension is on rough roads. Luckily, most of my riding is on smooth roads. I'm sure aftermarket shocks make for a better overall ride and when my stock shocks need replacement I'll look into what else is available.