PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install a Kaoko Cruise Control?

dougvtx
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Any hints ? I'm having a hard time holding the sping and taking out the handle bar insert.
I would appreciate some helpful hints. I don't have any extra hands around here.

woody
07-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Yes I installed one on mine and the bar end weight was dificult to remove. Ended up by rapping a piece of leather around the bar end weight (to protect it) then attaching a pipe spanner (the chain type).

By tapping (solidly) the pipe spanner with a small hammer and a block of wood while pushing in on the clips it came out without damaging the bar end weight. It is a two man job though. Also spray the weight with some silocon spray as it is coming out as the rubber inserts tend to grip the inside of the handlebar if they are not lubricated.

I am not looking forward to removing the left side weight when replacing the grips with Rizoma grips. To do that I have to shorten each handlebar by 20mm. However the quality of the grips will be worth the effort.

dougvtx
07-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Yes I installed one on mine and the bar end weight was dificult to remove. Ended up by rapping a piece of leather around the bar end weight (to protect it) then attaching a pipe spanner (the chain type).

By tapping (solidly) the pipe spanner with a small hammer and a block of wood while pushing in on the clips it came out without damaging the bar end weight. It is a two man job though. Also spray the weight with some silocon spray as it is coming out as the rubber inserts tend to grip the inside of the handlebar if they are not lubricated.

I am not looking forward to removing the left side weight when replacing the grips with Rizoma grips. To do that I have to shorten each handlebar by 20mm. However the quality of the grips will be worth the effort.

I kept trying to get the bar end weight out by myself and figured it was going to be a very hard task. SO, I just returned it. I'll live with the "Go Cruise" unless the Throttlemeister is not too difficult.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate you answering my post. :yes: