PDA

View Full Version : Tail light on or off?

bobbyf6b
07-15-2013, 10:39 PM
I could have swore that the tail light stayed on when the key is in the ACC position. Can anyone else confirm? I tried it tonight and the light did NOT stay on.

chipmaker
07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
No tail light, but it is about 500F in my garage... :banghead:

bobbyf6b
07-15-2013, 10:48 PM
No tail light, but it is about 500F in my garage... :banghead:

Thanks for looking. I guess I was just used to that happening on my HD. I would leave the light on when I checked the mail on my way home so I wouldn't get hit by a crazy teenager or soccer mom. :icon_doh:

I guess they'll just have to see the reflector.

Steve 0080
07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Most of my harleys did this as well.....not sure why Honda does not...nice safty feature!!

Teach
07-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Cuts down on battery drain. Folks like to keep the radio on when parked and the lights add to the drain. Some manufacturers have FINALLY gone to a relay which keeps the headlight off until the bikes motor cranks. Really surprising how much lights draw.

Pedro66
07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Cuts down on battery drain. Folks like to keep the radio on when parked and the lights add to the drain. Some manufacturers have FINALLY gone to a relay which keeps the headlight off until the bikes motor cranks. Really surprising how much lights draw.

I agree the Wing especially will go from being able to start to not almost instantly with nothing in between

Anything you can do to reduce draw is good, we even are working with LED headlights