PDA

View Full Version : General Question for the General Message Board

Jimmytee
04-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering,after reading a thread by Phantom aimed at ensuring "Newbies" post threads in the appropriately titled boards, how many here actually go to the singularly themed boards? I ,for one, usually just click on the "New Posts" tab and pick through what has been posted. That is unless I want to post a new thread. In which case I then have to go to the Forum section and decide where the new thread belongs. Just wondering. Have had the thought before, but only now have I actually asked anyone what they do.

srt8-in-largo
04-16-2015, 09:28 PM
:crackup:

Yup same here... I hit the new posts button... but I do visit the individual forums to see what got bumped back that I missed.

shooter
04-16-2015, 09:33 PM
I use the individual forums.

Phantom
04-16-2015, 09:51 PM
I was just wondering,after reading a thread by Phantom aimed at ensuring "Newbies" post threads in the appropriately titled boards, how many here actually go to the singularly themed boards? I ,for one, usually just click on the "New Posts" tab and pick through what has been posted. That is unless I want to post a new thread. In which case I then have to go to the Forum section and decide where the new thread belongs. Just wondering. Have had the thought before, but only now have I actually asked anyone what they do.

I also hit "NEW POSTS" every time I come on the board, some people don't and go to the individual subsections. The "General Message" section was becoming a "catch all" platform with everything from motorcycles for sale to trips being planned.

When I need to post something, I try to place it in the appropriate section if possible. I am also GUILTY of posting in-correctly on the General Message section. We all have a brain fart or two.

We added the "New Post" button early on to this website for convenience, I'm just trying to keep the General Section a little bit cleaner with motorcycle related posts that don't have a subsection for a particular topic. No One has committed a crime and No One is in the penalty box (even though George has been trying :icon_twisted:). Basically the General Message board has been "Hijacked" and I'm trying to bring it back on track.

:cheers:

srt8-in-largo
04-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Life is no fun when you're an angel... and I am definitely not one :icon_biggrin:

I still think vendor sub-forums would be useful though; as it sits now, there's no good way to direct a question or feedback to anybody.

Steve 0080
04-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Another issue is when you want to look something up... you don't know where to start looking if you can't find it in a search...I have moved an few and have been guilty of a few more !!!

Limoles
04-17-2015, 12:23 AM
I think all topics should be separated by categories with opening the main page . It could provide clearer selection of all posts , not necessarily mixed together . Do you think , is it right suggestion and somehow possible ?

smokinjoe187
04-17-2015, 01:25 AM
I also hit "NEW POSTS" every time I come on the board, some people don't and go to the individual subsections. The "General Message" section was becoming a "catch all" platform with everything from motorcycles for sale to trips being planned.

When I need to post something, I try to place it in the appropriate section if possible. I am also GUILTY of posting in-correctly on the General Message section. We all have a brain fart or two.

We added the "New Post" button early on to this website for convenience, I'm just trying to keep the General Section a little bit cleaner with motorcycle related posts that don't have a subsection for a particular topic. No One has committed a crime and No One is in the penalty box (even though George has been trying :icon_twisted:). Basically the General Message board has been "Hijacked" and I'm trying to bring it back on track.

:cheers:

sorry thats just to dam funny....
and lately to dam true...
we need a new platform please:
the un answerable argue post for guns,politics,Hillary ect...
to many run on b.s posts that go no where

smokinjoe187
04-17-2015, 01:26 AM
I think all topics should be separated by categories with opening the main page . It could provide clearer selection of all posts , not necessarily mixed together . Do you think , is it right suggestion and somehow possible ?

ok,we found the topic icon
we can just call it what it is...

Jimmytee
04-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Just so there is no misunderstanding , I am in agreement that we should have specifically themed areas. Just for me, I don't ever go to any of the singularly themed areas unless I want to post a new thread. We should have a board for "Unsure where to post topic board":icon_lol:

Limoles
04-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Just so there is no misunderstanding , I am in agreement that we should have specifically themed areas. Just for me, I don't ever go to any of the singularly themed areas unless I want to post a new thread. We should have a board for "Unsure where to post topic board":icon_lol:

... and beautiful hostess saying : follow me baby ...

hoglaw
04-17-2015, 11:55 AM
I have a feeling this is just getting started. I want to get in on the first page so I'll just sit here and enjoy my popcorn. Ya'll carry on.

srt8-in-largo
04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
How about implementing a "thank you" system too? :icon_biggrin:

Once in a while someone posts a particular useful or hard to find bit of information; I'd like to be able to click on a "thank you" button to add to that user's forum credibility.

Limoles
04-17-2015, 01:57 PM
How about implementing a "thank you" system too? :icon_biggrin:

Once in a while someone posts a particular useful or hard to find bit of information; I'd like to be able to click on a "thank you" button to add to that user's forum credibility.

"Thank you" is always nice and I thank you for thinking about it . Let's do it .
In this point tipping hostess would be optional :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

srt8-in-largo
04-17-2015, 02:17 PM
... the number of "thank you's" received can be tracked with a bar graph under your username; this would also serve as an immediate indicator of who is posting helpful information, or who may just be a troll stirring the pot.