PDA

View Full Version : Windshield removal

Wags
07-16-2013, 08:33 AM
New windshield on the way 11" sport shield, are there any videos of removal and install of new windshield out there? Have never removed one before just looking for a little help. Have taken apart several bat wing types but never a wing, don't want to screw anything up on new bike. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve 0080
07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Look in the " Garage "............http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?34-New-Windshield-VStream

IamBatmanF6B
07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
This is very easy to do. All you have to do is fold the mirrors back toward the rear of the motorcycle to gain access to a 10mm bolt on each side. It works best if you have a flex end gear wrench to take these out. Then you pull the rubber bushings out from where the 10mm bolts were removed from. Once removed you will see that the body panel has a tab that slides over the threaded hole and the body panel is fairly flexible so it can be moved enough on each side to slide the tabs off of the threaded hole and then pull the panel while standing in front of motorcycle toward you straight out. This will gain you access to the 8mm bolts that hold the windshield on. When removing these bolts be sure not to drop and of the rubber bushings, spacers or washers on the front and back side of the windshield.

This is very easy to do. It took me all of 20 to 30 minutes to install. :biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

GiddyupF6B
07-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Definitely watch the video. I have had mine off 3 different times now and it's super easy. The tip in the video about putting a towel under the bolts when removing them saved my azz. I have had 2 different windshields on and took it apart again to run my GPS wire nice and clean so you couldn't see it. Very easy job if you watch the video and take your time.

Limbuck
07-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Rags under the mirrors a must and before you start cover everything with the comforter off the bed or something. If it can be dropped eventually it will happen. Have a cold drink then take your time. Then have another cold drink and admire your new shield.
I dropped a piece of my Baggershield hardware and it found its' way into the plastic covered caves and I haven't seen it since.
While I am rambling on about nothing I will admit that I almost took the F6B to the dealer for the windshield install because I was hesitant to operate on my brand new motorcycle. Weren't no big deal however and boosted my confidence for sure. I'm ready to operate.

ghostrider
07-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Rags under the mirrors a must and before you start cover everything with the comforter off the bed or something. If it can be dropped eventually it will happen. Have a cold drink then take your time. Then have another cold drink and admire your new shield.
I dropped a piece of my Baggershield hardware and it found its' way into the plastic covered caves and I haven't seen it since.
While I am rambling on about nothing I will admit that I almost took the F6B to the dealer for the windshield install because I was hesitant to operate on my brand new motorcycle. Weren't no big deal however and boosted my confidence for sure. I'm ready to operate.

I love working on my own bikes and with the help of this great forum it makes it so much easier and saves a lot of people a lot of money. :clap2: :yes:

SPGrenier
08-08-2014, 12:13 PM
This forum is a great source of information. I received my Clearview windshield yesterday. After reviewing the video, there was no hesitation in swapping out the windshields.

I think, like probably many new F6B owners, that our worst case scenario would be breaking the retaining tabs on the plastics we are planning to remove. Seeing someone in a video walk through it, showing us what is under the plastics first, takes away all of those concerns.

ED209
08-08-2014, 03:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJM5OZeDZRw&list=UU14ne6o6_TLySPJejpoe0Ow

ED209
08-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Just remember, they call the front fairing area the "ABYSS" of nuts and bolts. :icon_doh:

RoadWeary
08-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Don't forget the blue locktite. I had to do mine twice.