PDA

View Full Version : 2nd impressions

Cheesyryder
04-17-2015, 11:09 PM
So been riding about after the long winter and reflecting on the F6B-please keep in mind previous bike was a Triumph Thunderbird (which I loved till I rode the f6'er)
Looks (never had the attention or compliments)
Headlights (really light up the road compared to the single eye on most cruisers)
Fairing (even with the stock windscreen)
Mirrors (at 1st a little put off by the Mickey Mouse Ears, but not having to tuck a elbow or roll a elbow in to see behind me priceless)
Radio
Engine (you always hear about the reliability of the Boxer 6, but it is damm fun as well
Handling (got the rear shocks turned all the way up)
Storage (way beyond the cruiser world)

At first was put off by the 5 speed tranny, now I think it is great
Honda needs to support a F6B Group

srt8-in-largo
04-17-2015, 11:16 PM
100% agree... on everything :icon_biggrin:

My headlights were adjusted a little lower from the dealer than I think they should have been; after raising them... I forgot all about wanting auxiliary lighting or doing headlight mods.

Airborne06
04-18-2015, 03:42 PM
I agree with the others, plus:

I also appreciate having a REAL horn!

Smooth, linear power and low relative heat coming from the engine (compared to my Harley, especially in stop-and-go traffic)

Big, easy to read and ACCURATE gauges

Center stand

Easy maintenance, especially a one and done drain plug for the oil. OK...let's not talk about the over-engineered air filter process...

ISLANDER1089
04-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Until I retired I spent 20 years with American Honda Motor Co. as their District Sales Mgr. in the south western states (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California). Since I left Honda in 2005 I moved back to Canada where I was born. Since 2005 I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki 650 Versys, 2004 Harley Low Rider, 2009 Harley Street Glide and now the 2013 Honda F6B. I have no desire to ever trade this bike as it truly meets all my needs and I always felt a little guilty not riding a Honda. It hurts me to see how poorly they retain their value. It is a fabulous bike in almost every way and it's worth every penny at retail in my opinion.

RickJ
04-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Cheesy-I looked at the Thunderbird (I have the OLD Thunderbird-885 Triple 2004) I wanted a little different than all the Harleys around, more comfortable than my beloved TBS, reliable, easy nearby service...when I saw the F6B I knew it checked all the boxes- and I couldn't believe I was getting a Honda! I kinda had to swallow my, I don't know? Eurobike arrogance?? Anyway- I'm keeping the Triumph and picking the F6B up this Wed or Thurs...depending on this sh*%ty upstate NY weather.

Cheesyryder
04-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes the Horn Rocks!!!

wantone
04-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Until I retired I spent 20 years with American Honda Motor Co. as their District Sales Mgr. in the south western states (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California). Since I left Honda in 2005 I moved back to Canada where I was born. Since 2005 I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki 650 Versys, 2004 Harley Low Rider, 2009 Harley Street Glide and now the 2013 Honda F6B. I have no desire to ever trade this bike as it truly meets all my needs and I always felt a little guilty not riding a Honda. It hurts me to see how poorly they retain their value. It is a fabulous bike in almost every way and it's worth every penny at retail in my opinion.

How do I get my suggestion to the top. I feel they need to introduce F6B with ABS and reverse In US.

yellow rex
04-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Well I think along the lines of Tom Finch every motorcycle should have ABS brakes,
most accidents on a motorcycle in the rain is due to wheel lock up, he told me who to
make my complaint to but I would have to go back and find that Email.
Tom also offered me a list of riders that had gone down pulling trailers in the rain that said
ABS would have prevented the accident.

srt8-in-largo
04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Have people forgotten how to drive without electronic intervention?

Call me the oddball but I'm not sure if I want ABS on a motorcycle.

53driver
04-19-2015, 06:52 AM
Have people forgotten how to drive without electronic intervention?

Call me the oddball but I'm not sure if I want ABS on a motorcycle.

I'm split 50/50 on ABS on a bike.
I know that maximum braking is achieved if neither tire locks.
I know that a front tire lockup leads to a mishap.
Been riding so long without it, honing my skill set to find the corners of the performance envelope, I'm afraid that if I have ABS I would get complacent.
Strictly a mind game.

ISLANDER1089
04-19-2015, 07:42 AM
How do I get my suggestion to the top. I feel they need to introduce F6B with ABS and reverse In US.

Wantone, for years I listened to dealers suggestions on what Honda needed to build. These ideas were always passed along at our annual District Network Review. Most ideas were either never implemented or were implemented too late. It was a constant source of frustration.
Go to your owner's manual and look for the customer service address and write them a letter. Hopefully someone at Mother Honda keeps an eye on these forums. It would be a great source for customer feedback.

tozco
04-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Regarding the ABS, I had it on the Victory Crossroads, and it was nice on my grassy damp road leading back to my shop where I park the bike. The F6b, with it's linked brakes actually performs better than the Vic did on the slippery stuff. I don't want ABS considering how well our linked brakes work.

bigbird
04-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Regarding the ABS, I had it on the Victory Crossroads, and it was nice on my grassy damp road leading back to my shop where I park the bike. The F6b, with it's linked brakes actually performs better than the Vic did on the slippery stuff. I don't want ABS considering how well our linked brakes work.

Have you tried linked brakes with ABS? :icon_lol:

opas ride
04-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Have you tried linked brakes with ABS? :icon_lol:

Again, ABS discussions get a lot of opinions and feedback..I had ABS brakes on my Victory Vision Tour and did not feel that they were much different than the linked-brakes on the F6B...Honda has had great success over the years with their bikes and engineering and in my opinion know what they are doing....Obviously it was not an issue with those of us that have bikes without them...I am sure more and more bikes in the future will come with ABS brakes and cost extra bucks....Ride safe

Cheesyryder
04-19-2015, 10:59 AM
At 1stthe Non ABS bothered me, not so much after using the bike/brakes for a bit now
So no ABS and most strongly no on the reverse gear!!

choptop
04-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Yes the Horn Rocks!!!

I will definitely second that !:yes::yes:

wantone
04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
At 1stthe Non ABS bothered me, not so much after using the bike/brakes for a bit now
So no ABS and most strongly no on the reverse gear!!

I'm 5'5 and with my bad right knee it's really difficult to push the bike back. I know they have reverse on F6b in europe and ABS in canada. Why not not have number of options here in USA. I'm sure there are other people who wud luv to have that as an option and others who don't care. Given that option I'll go with one that has reverse, I'm not very much interested in ABS but who knows.