PDA

View Full Version : New Ride!

Mufassa001
04-18-2015, 12:28 AM
After a very long two weeks, my bike arrived, and now I understand what it is like to ride a goldwing F6B Deluxe; incredible, amazing machine and proud to be part of the group!! Pictures will follow, and again, I am impressed with this machine, can't wait for April 30th, PA to the Keys on my new ride, woohoo!!:icon_biggrin:

Kurare79
04-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Congrats to your new bike, Mufassa! http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Optimismus/smilie_op_016.gif

What was your previous bike and what are the main differences while driving compared to your new F6B?

Mufassa001
04-18-2015, 05:36 AM
Congrats to your new bike, Mufassa! http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Optimismus/smilie_op_016.gif

What was your previous bike and what are the main differences while driving compared to your new F6B?

My previous Bike was a 2008 Suzuki C109R, enjoyed my bike and took it on some long trips, a big, powerful 1800 with a power command and comfortable ride. That bike was a heavy cruiser and a solid performer. In two years I drove 22K miles on it and considering the long distant trips we were considering, I knew the goldwings were proven performers and it was an issue of mental comfort knowing I would have a warranty or not having warranty.

The difference of the rides is new technology and engineering versus an 8 year old bike. The low center of gravity was surprisingly easy and quick and found myself over compensating for the heavy upper push required with the C109R. The smoothness of ride on the F6 was much improved despite the large tires on the C109R. The weight of the F6 was 40 lbs heavier yet it handled like a street bike in comparison.

The shifting of the C109R was made with heavy clunks during shifting and the clutch basket was noisy, the complete opposite of the smooth shifting and quietness of the F6. My son who is 20 and rides said it well when he saw it and took it for a ride "I thought the bike might have been something an old guy might ride and he would have no interest in riding but I could drive this bike, it's amazing".

The fairing was surprisingly top notch with protection; the cargo much roomier and secure and I need to move to a warmer state where I can ride all year, lol, and with this bike, I might be able to ride longer with the comforts it provides. Mileage on the F6 is something I welcome versus concern with the C109R racking up miles, such a mental relief knowing the bike is a high mileage performer.

Jimmytee
04-18-2015, 05:42 AM
The fairing was surprisingly top notch with protection; the cargo much roomier and secure and I need to move to a warmer state where I can ride all year, lol, and with this bike, I might be able to ride longer with the comforts it provides. Mileage on the F6 is something I welcome versus concern with the C109R racking up miles, such a mental relief knowing the bike is a high mileage performer.
Congrats on the new bike. Other than snow and ice, get you some heated gear and you'll be right as rain when the temp drops.:yes:

Brian D
04-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Congrats on the bike. So what year and color did ya get

taxfree4
04-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Congratulations, the Hawk's Nest will be a lot of fun on that bike.

Mufassa001
04-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Congrats on the bike. So what year and color did ya get

2015 deluxe, Matte Silver

vmaxed
04-18-2015, 07:33 AM
'welcome gang' Congrats you going to love your new ride :yes:

Ixol Phaane
04-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Congrats!
You're gonna love the ride. :icon_biggrin:

srt8-in-largo
04-19-2015, 01:58 AM
So it's confirmed that we're not all crazy and it is an amazing bike :icon_biggrin:

Good to hear man.

Kurare79
04-19-2015, 02:14 AM
I need to move to a warmer state where I can ride all year, lol, and with this bike, I might be able to ride longer with the comforts it provides.

Thanks for telling about your experience with your C109R and the F6B! Always interesting to hear what people think about the F6B. And when it comes to long ridings, i can tell you that i ran twice the mileage with the F6B compared to my previous bike (Honda Crossrunner (http://www.mojomag.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Crossrunner-YM11_0013.jpg)). In my first year with the F6B i rode 22.000km/13.670miles; only weekend rides and traveling, no commuting. And like you, i can't ride most of the time in winter.

strickf6b
04-19-2015, 06:22 AM
congratulations welcome aboard from Tennessee

nvmyf6
04-19-2015, 06:58 PM
'all/right' :congrats: Yep, it's an awesome ride. Have fun :clap2:

blackmetoc
04-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Enjoy. It is a great bike!

USMARINE
04-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Congrats, This is an amazing bike, smooth as butter, and no joke on the throttle; really no need for a 6 gear.