PDA

View Full Version : Iphone

Mufassa001
04-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Can anyone offer any input, I have an iPhone, I know I can play it by connecting it in the fairing box, however, there's no charger there. There's an USB in the cargo door, so what's the trick or what can be done to charge my phone and listen to my music, looking forward to your feedback, greatly appreciated.

DaWadd
04-18-2015, 07:49 AM
USB connection in left saddlebag will charge your phone and play your tunes.

bdmcrider
04-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Hey Mufassa, I'm pretty much a newbie here on the forum too, had my bike for a couple months now and am just about finished 'making it my own'......i.e. plenty of Mods!
Now on to your question, one of the first things I experimented with was the iPod jack in the rear bag, I had an old iPhone 4 sitting around so I wondered if by chance it might be treated like an iPod by the bike. So I wiped it clean, loaded it up with a couple 1000 songs, plugged it into the rear bag iPod port and...........BOOM bike thinks it's an iPod, I was one happy camper!

Enjoy the bike, it's a fantastic machine! I've put 150k miles on a couple BMW K1200GT's in the last 10yrs or so, and while the F6B is obviously a bigger bike, it performs amazingly well as a sport tourer!

wildrooster
04-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Here is what I did to get my phone to play and charge at the same time. I added a 12v outlet to the handlebars ( it's main use is for my GPS) and I purchased a Cobra Airwave it's a Bluetooth receiver that's rechargeable. So to make this short the Airwave is in the left box connected to the Jack. My phone is on my side with the power running to the bars. It works without any problems for me

Steve 0080
04-18-2015, 08:13 AM
I also power my iPhone 6 from the power in the left cubby and then pump Pandora or songs from it...you can also do USB power plugs as well...

Mufassa001
04-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Found out my cable was bad, changed it, working great, thanks all