PDA

View Full Version : Silver City, NM Blues & Bikes Festival

bobbyf6b
04-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I've been looking for an excuse to ride out to Silver City, NM for a while now. I go there for work every once in a while and I was just there last week. The area has great twisty roads and scenery.

This year is the 20th Silver City Blues & Bikes Festival, May 22-24, Memorial Day weekend. I just booked a room for Saturday and Sunday nights if anyone wants to meet up out there. My wife and I will be doing our own thing. Ride out on Saturday, ride around the area on Sunday and then ride home on Monday. Let me know if you are going!

http://mimbresarts.org/blues-festival-homepage/

Injun Joe
04-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Very tempting

bobbyf6b
04-18-2015, 04:05 PM
We're going to visit the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument on that Sunday and do a little hiking. FYI.

Necanefan
04-19-2015, 04:01 PM
The Silver City area is great. I passed through there on a solo motorcycle tour 2 years ago on my C14 from VA to the Rockies and back. I believe it was Silver City where I stopped at the Buffalo Bar? An old-time local gave me the history of the place to include his youthful adventures at what used to be a brothel across the road. I remember seeing more Elk an I had ever seen later that evening as I rode north out of the Gila National Forest at dusk. I'm not sure where it was, but I also visited a ghost town that an individual had purchased, but wasn't open for any business. Great area to ride...

bobbyf6b
05-23-2015, 09:22 PM
Made it to Silver City. Put the Windbender back on for the trip.

This road was a blast.

Stopped in Glenwood and rode up to Mogollon. Got to within 1/2 mile of town and the road was washed out. Just a two track bumpy trail on a steep hill. We turned around. Guess I'll take the Jeep next time.

14135 14136