PDA

View Full Version : A feel good Anecdote

bigbird
04-18-2015, 06:49 PM
I hadn't ridden my bike for 1 week, not because the weather was bad, but because I had been busy with my brother-in-law looking at used V-twins. He isn't mechanically inclined at all, so I was his sounding board. We were looking at metric only 1100 and 1300 Yamaha and Hondas. After driving about 10 different used bikes, varying in age from 2004-2008, he bought a 2008 VTX 1300.

The point of my story is that I hated those V twins. They were all crude, vibrating, gear clashing attempts at mimicking HD. When I got on my bike this afternoon, I realized again where the sate of the art is for motorcycle technology. I'm not knocking V twin aficionados, only rejoicing that I bought an F6B and how much I enjoy it.

BTW, I stopped in at a predominantly HD and Victory watering hole to meet an HD buddy. On pulling in I was swarmed by a dozen guys in full puppet gear literally running towards my bike to ask questions. Since there are only 3 F6B's in my big city and thousands of V twins, my black F6B is a rare bird indeed. My bike actually drew more attention than a mint customized Rune also sitting in the parking lot.

nonseven
04-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Can't keep count of all the V-twins I see on the road. Have yet to see another F6B in the wild.

Fla_rider
04-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Can't keep count of all the V-twins I see on the road. Have yet to see another F6B in the wild.

Maybe that's cuz you live in Flipping nowhere Arizona. :crackup:

six2go
04-18-2015, 09:07 PM

Methinks it's really Arkansas.:stirthepot:

Amipro
04-18-2015, 09:08 PM

Had to map it out just to be sure it really exists. It's in Arkansas (AR). Who knew? :shhh:

stevenolts
04-18-2015, 11:47 PM
I live in St Louis and I too have never seen an F6B in the wild. I have seen a few at the dealers but never one in the wild. I like that saying "The Wild"

The other riders I talk to have no idea what they are missing. I tell people who question me when I rant and rave about how much I love the F6B to just go ride one and you will believe. I love it more the more I ride it.

I have been test riding a few bikes in the last few weeks and I still love the F6B the best. I still get the HOG magazine and have been reading about Project Rushmore. Although it is by far better than the old Harley's, it felt like a slug compared to the F6B. I rode the BMW 1600GTL it was a bad boy. It is more for a rider that wants a sport bike. After riding the BMW I got back on the F6B and realized I still would rather have the have the F6B. And it is less than half the price of the 1600GTL.

Steve

srt8-in-largo
04-19-2015, 01:29 AM
I guess there was once a time for all of us when we wanted to look cool instead of riding the best bike :icon_biggrin:

six2go
04-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Had to map it out just to be sure it really exists. It's in Arkansas (AR). Who knew? :shhh:
I went through Flippin in '91. It used to be the home of Ranger boats.

Cheesyryder
04-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Went for a ride today, and man the Harely Guys would NOT return the "Wave".. Just a shitton of attitude:no:

53driver
04-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Went to the grocery store for milk....saw 8 Harleys parked at McDs so I parked next to them and as I was walking in they were leaving, and they were pointing at Isleen.
I asked them if I could help them as it was my bike they were pointing at.
They gathered around her, asked questions, nodded, were grooving on the Aero pegs but seemed a bit reluctant to talk stock HP.
Then they got their pirate gear on - I donned my helmet - and I followed them out of the lot.
I wonder if they even noticed I never ordered anything and if they then put 2 and 2 together?
Lol.

53driver
04-19-2015, 06:52 PM

Only at Daytona. Have yet to see any running amok in Philly.
And MadMax lives less than 5 miles away!

Sorcerer
04-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Went through ST Louis on Saturday the 4/18. Basing out of Kimberling MO for a week of riding. Ran the "Pig Trail" to day and had lunch at Oark AR. Hoping to run Push Mt road tomorrow. May try to get to Russelville Tuesday or Wednesday.

hiflyer
04-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Went for a ride today, and man the Harely Guys would NOT return the "Wave".. Just a shitton of attitude:no:

I don't wave much at anybody anymore.:shrug: , but I know the HD guys are looking at me when we pass. One of the side benefits to wearing a dark shield is that I can look at others and they don't know it!:shhh:

2bikemike
04-20-2015, 02:25 PM
I guess there was once a time for all of us when we wanted to look cool instead of riding the best bike :icon_biggrin:
Thats why I'm selling the M109R