PDA

View Full Version : Pacific NW - Anybody with an extra wheel/tire I can borrow?

F6BPDX
04-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Hey all, I am trouble shooting a noise/vibration that showed up after a recent service/tire change. I think it is the rear tire but would really like to be sure so that A) I can quit worrying about it, and B) I don't waste $200 replacing the tire if it's not the culprit.

What I would like to find is someone who has a rear wheel, with a tire mounted (prefer a stock G704 Stone but will take anything) that I can borrow for a day or two to see if my noise goes away.

If you aren't comfortable with just letting me leave with your wheel then I can leave my wheel behind or we can figure something out and go ride together or whatever works for you.

I am in Sandy, OR and commute to work in Hillsboro, OR so anything along that corridor is super easy, but I would be willing to travel in the PNW within reason to make it happen.

Thanks in advance.

kjelders
04-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Sup Bud? I have a spare wheel with a Kumo RF car tire mounted on it. You are welcome to come try it out.

F6BPDX
04-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Sup Bud? I have a spare wheel with a Kumo RF car tire mounted on it. You are welcome to come try it out.

Thanks KJ, you have a pm.

ghostrider
04-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Careful!! He's just trying to lure you to the dark side!! :icon_doh:

srt8-in-largo
04-20-2015, 03:18 PM

I am in Sandy, OR and commute to work in Hillsboro, OR so anything along that corridor is super easy, but I would be willing to travel in the PNW within reason to make it happen.

Thanks in advance.

Holy crap what a commute; coming up the hill on US26 isn't fun in rush hour.

Steve 0080
04-20-2015, 04:25 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjelders
04-20-2015, 04:32 PM

Shhhhh......:shake2:

srt8-in-largo
04-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks KJ, you have a pm.

Please keep us updated.

And btw... if you still have the 90 degree OEM valve stems, make sure the tire shop didn't mess with or lose the stem retainer. That happens, and can be a deadly safety issue.

When I installed my rear I aligned the yellow dot on the tire with the white dot on the rim; without doing any balancing whatsoever, mine is perfectly smooth.

Fla_rider
04-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Have you tried Dyna Beads?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

kjelders
04-21-2015, 12:33 PM
This spare wheel has the after market metal valve stem......now black after painting the wheel with plasti dip.