PDA

View Full Version : No USB music

sdcatman
04-19-2015, 06:22 PM
When I try to play music from usb drive I receive a message saying no song, but there is over 1000 songs on the drive. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Al

stroguy
04-19-2015, 06:23 PM
What kind of device? iPod, flash drive.....

sdcatman
04-19-2015, 06:30 PM
What kind of device? iPod, flash drive.....
It is a USB Flash drive

stroguy
04-19-2015, 06:38 PM
I am a novice but I have read other posts about the F6B being very finicky on formats. Only thing I can do is suggest looking at audio section of manual and verify the format is to the Honda liking. Others will chime in I'm sure. Stand by.

Jimmytee
04-19-2015, 06:44 PM
I've heard that the format can be an issue. I don't know as I have never had a problem playing any of the content on my flash drive. I will say that I don't use I-Tunes and all moat all my music is in MP3 or WAV form from Windows Media Player

53driver
04-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Check this thread....see if it helps.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5114-USB-memory-stick

ths61
04-19-2015, 08:39 PM
When I try to play music from usb drive I receive a message saying no song, but there is over 1000 songs on the drive. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Al

Do you have the proper file system on your flash drive (e.g. FAT32). It does not appear that Honda recognizes NTFS.

Also, they have file count limits in each sub-directory.

P.S. Wish they supported FLAC and/or WMA Lossless file formats.

sdcatman
04-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Do you have the proper file system on your flash drive (e.g. FAT32). It does not appear that Honda recognizes NTFS.

Also, they have file count limits in each sub-directory.

P.S. Wish they supported FLAC and/or WMA Lossless file formats.

I don't know what format I have I will have to check it out I do know it is in MPEG4 -M4A

Steve 0080
04-19-2015, 10:10 PM
As far as I know it must me in MP3 format...

srt8-in-largo
04-19-2015, 10:41 PM
This seems to be a recurring theme.

This is just a configuration problem of the system; the thread linked above will get you a solution but there are also other threads where this is discussed.

I hate to refer you to the search button... but I'm TOO TIRED right now to type much :duck:

M61A1MECH
04-20-2015, 04:21 AM
Had this issue on my 2013 Goldwing, had to change all the Windows Media formated audio files to MP3, drove me crazy for a little bit. I had loaded 50 or 60 songs from various CDs, when I tried it out only 10 or so would play, checked the flash drive on my computer, all the files were there, but seems that those 10 were formated as MP3 right off the CD, the others were in the Windows Media format, converted them and it is all good now.

ths61
04-20-2015, 12:04 PM
From the owner's manual (MP3 page 103 and WMA page 104):

"... In the audio function, MP3/WMA music files in USB flash drives can be played. ..."

See manual pages for specific supported formats and bitrates.

http://hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/GL1800F6B_13.pdf

Unfortunately, they do not support any lossless formats.

Travelor
04-21-2015, 04:27 PM
If you are trying to play music from Apple (I-tunes), 99.99% sure it will be in MP4 format and will not play on the F6B. As others have said, MP3 files work just fine. Sure wish I knew how to convert them, the last "free" program I tried to download from the web to convert MP4 to MP3 files had a virus and almost totaled the computer. Hope you can get it worked out.

ths61
04-21-2015, 09:02 PM
If you are trying to play music from Apple (I-tunes), 99.99% sure it will be in MP4 format and will not play on the F6B. As others have said, MP3 files work just fine. Sure wish I knew how to convert them, the last "free" program I tried to download from the web to convert MP4 to MP3 files had a virus and almost totaled the computer. Hope you can get it worked out.

FWIW, it is not free, but it is about the best ripper/converter out there: dBPowerAmp Reference

https://www.dbpoweramp.com

It will do bit perfect CD rips and compare the digital signature against a database of signatures to see if you got a clean rip or not. If one or more tracks were not perfect, polish your CD and just re-rip the flagged tracks.

It also has a batch ripper that can create a duplicate image of your library (or part of your library) into a different specified format. Just set it up and let it run over night if you have a large library. I used this to convert over 1,000 CDs from FLAC into a format understood by my wife's BMW Z4 (once I figured out what the beemer's directory structure and encoding requirements were).

choptop
04-21-2015, 09:58 PM
I just got threw converting a sht load of music on my Itunes to Mp3 format. I had an issues w/ a lot of music not playing on my scanstik and between the converting and learning how to make files on it, I should have more to listen to this summer, if it ever comes, light snow and 30 this moaning.

srt8-in-largo
04-21-2015, 10:24 PM

, light snow and 30 this moaning.

Me thinks we've just witnessed the online version of a Freudian slip :icon_biggrin: