PDA

View Full Version : The cure for no cruise control...

hgslayr
04-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Had my Rune since 2005 and have always had a lot of wrist pain from twisting the throttle on long trips...I met Billy Ho in Monterey at Moto GP And he offered me his throttle lock which was made of plastic and cost $20...I thought this thing was amazing until he redesigned it...I saw him at another show and told him how much I liked the lock and he told he to go get it and bring it to him...Upon return he busted out the new aluminum adjustable version and traded it at no cost...The newest version fixed the issues I had with the plastic one. All I can say is Billy prides himself on customer service and satisfaction..Im so happy with his device Ive made it a point to tell everyone who has wrist issues...

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html

bobbyf6b
04-19-2015, 10:38 PM
It works good, but doesn't work well on hills. I've had mine for like 2 years. Barely use it.

hgslayr
04-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Bobby...Do you have the aluminum tension adjustment kind?...Like any throttle lock you have to pull more throttle and reset it when going up or down hills but the rest time you get with this thing is huge...If you have the original plastic one it stretches and you have to double or triple the rubber bands but not with the new one with the locking ratchet..

hiflyer
04-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Bobby...Do you have the aluminum tension adjustment kind?...Like any throttle lock you have to pull more throttle and reset it when going up or down hills but the rest time you get with this thing is huge...If you have the original plastic one it stretches and you have to double or triple the rubber bands but not with the new one with the locking ratchet..

I like the Throttlemeister because everything is done with one movement, you engage by using the outside palm of your hand as you roll on the throttle and override it by rolling off the throttle. No other movement needed, plus it's mounted on the bike permanently so you don't have remove it or worry as much about it getting stolen, like I think you would with this type. But, I say use what you like.

srt8-in-largo
04-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Although my experience is identical to Bobby's, I agree that it's ok for a short rest. But even on the flats mine doesn't hold speed very well. A few folks have recommended using some rubber o-rings with it but I've just been holding out for the real deal --------.

My Go-Cruise is like that shown in the link, the new style with the adjustment wheel.

It works good, but doesn't work well on hills. I've had mine for like 2 years. Barely use it.

+1

hgslayr
04-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Largo...the gel band is a must..I imagine you could scuff the flat spot with some sand paper to get a better grip but ive not experienced your issues and I have billet turn signal grips by eurocomponents which i would think would slip easier...Like mentioned before...Whatever works for you..

wildman
04-20-2015, 12:33 AM

I had the origional plastic go cruise, I was always messing with it on hills and it didn't hold speed on the flats. I'm sure the newer one with the adj. wheel works better. What I did was bite the bullet and spend $189.00 bought a break away and I love it. Next best thing to electronic cruise control. A little pricey but worth it to me.

bobbyf6b
04-20-2015, 12:43 AM

I had the original one first and it stretched out. Since then I've had the adjustable one. For what it's made for it works fine. I use it for short rest breaks but not for cruising. Any up or down slope and it's not accurate. On a flat superslab it would probably be nice. I've never had cruise on a bike anyway so I don't really know what I'm missing.

Thanks for reminding us it's out there. Maybe someone didn't know about it.

hgslayr
04-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Bobby..Youre welcome...it made my life much more Comfortable on long rides even cruising from Norcal to Malibu no issues...

Doug44
04-20-2015, 10:38 AM
$4.00 & done get it online or at a Cat towmotor shop.

Steve 0080
04-20-2015, 10:42 AM
+1... nice unit,,,, I use mine on long hauls or when I need to adjust something!!!

bobbyf6b
04-20-2015, 01:05 PM

How does this work? I forgot.

srt8-in-largo
04-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Largo...the gel band is a must..I imagine you could scuff the flat spot with some sand paper to get a better grip but ive not experienced your issues and I have billet turn signal grips by eurocomponents which i would think would slip easier...Like mentioned before...Whatever works for you..

:yes::yes:

I just put that in my Amazon cart; since this is the 2nd time it's been recommended, I better give it a shot.

How does this work? I forgot.

I *believe* it works to increase friction, thereby giving it a firmer grip on the throttle, and thereby holding speed more constantly.

Injun Joe
04-20-2015, 06:32 PM
I like the Throttlemeister because everything is done with one movement, you engage by using the outside palm of your hand as you roll on the throttle and override it by rolling off the throttle. No other movement needed, plus it's mounted on the bike permanently so you don't have remove it or worry as much about it getting stolen, like I think you would with this type. But, I say use what you like.

I liked the Throttlemeiser too. Had one on my BMW K100. Don't know if I like it $200 worth. I swear I only paid half that last time.

Freedom North
04-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey folks- I have being unable to find commentary on the Kaoko throttle lock for the F6B… Can anyone advise me before I purchase this? And, will it work with OEM heated grips?
Thx
Freedom North

Vegas Bert
04-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Had my Rune since 2005 and have always had a lot of wrist pain from twisting the throttle on long trips...I met Billy Ho in Monterey at Moto GP And he offered me his throttle lock which was made of plastic and cost $20...I thought this thing was amazing until he redesigned it...I saw him at another show and told him how much I liked the lock and he told he to go get it and bring it to him...Upon return he busted out the new aluminum adjustable version and traded it at no cost...The newest version fixed the issues I had with the plastic one. All I can say is Billy prides himself on customer service and satisfaction..Im so happy with his device Ive made it a point to tell everyone who has wrist issues...

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle%20control2.html

I had the same exact experience. I love my Throttle lock. Saves the right hand for other urgent necessities...

F6B1911
04-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Hey folks- I have being unable to find commentary on the Kaoko throttle lock for the F6B… Can anyone advise me before I purchase this? And, will it work with OEM heated grips?
Thx
Freedom North

There have been quite a few discussions here on the Kaoko, use the search feature.
I installed the Kaoko right away after I purchased my F6B. My previous bike has a friction throttle lock on it, so it was a perfect for me. It is very well make and it works perfect.
You have to go into it realizing a cruise control and a friction lock are different approaches to the same goal.

Freedom North
04-22-2015, 09:45 PM
There have been quite a few discussions here on the Kaoko, use the search feature.
I installed the Kaoko right away after I purchased my F6B. My previous bike has a friction throttle lock on it, so it was a perfect for me. It is very well make and it works perfect.
You have to go into it realizing a cruise control and a friction lock are different approaches to the same goal.

I appreciate this ,thanks....I ordered the Kaoko today from Revzilla and was able to locate ( via the search option) the great posts already made. I'm installing OEM heated grips first and then the K.