PDA

View Full Version : Dumb questions from the new guy

seadog
04-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Do we have a state by state section on this forum. If there is I have been unable to find it. The Suzuki forum there was a place to put items just for the state your in. :shrug:

wildrooster
04-23-2015, 09:03 PM
I am with you on that :icon_doh:

srt8-in-largo
04-23-2015, 10:07 PM
We're a small outfit compared to some other forums... but growing everyday it seems. That means there's not a huge budget to get too fancy.

Tony (Phantom) runs the board; he's not an IT guy and so when major issues or changes are needed, he has to hire a guy to come in and help... which costs $. This site already costs out of pocket money for Tony, but he does so out of passion, not profit.

I think at some point enough requests will trickle in that we may want to bring the IT guy in for some upgrades (I've already bitched a couple of times about the search feature :icon_biggrin:)... if and when that time comes, I think we should implement some kind of donation system so that we can all help foot the bill.

tinkerman
04-25-2015, 07:31 AM
I would be happy to pitch in to help out with the costs of maintaining the forum.

From my experience at least that is fairly typical.....I remember doing it on one of the Harley boards and am still a contributing member on a tractor forum.

Not sure what the costs are but if even half of the 2800 members contributes $10 / year through paypal or something, that is $14,000....little enough to maintain a great community effort.

Just my .02......It might be a PITA to set up the non profit status or whatever is required....but I would be happy to help out in any way that I can.

tink

1surebet
04-27-2015, 08:36 AM
I would be happy to pitch in to help out with the costs of maintaining the forum.

From my experience at least that is fairly typical.....I remember doing it on one of the Harley boards and am still a contributing member on a tractor forum.

Not sure what the costs are but if even half of the 2800 members contributes $10 / year through paypal or something, that is $14,000....little enough to maintain a great community effort.

Just my .02......It might be a PITA to set up the non profit status or whatever is required....but I would be happy to help out in any way that I can.

tink

If you all figure an easy pay - for IT help, let it be known. watso

53driver
04-27-2015, 09:03 AM
I'd throw $10 a year at this place....I dang sure know I get more out of it!

Fla_rider
04-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Funny I've talked to Tony about this before. He wanted to keep it simple for all you cheap bast&*ds. :crackup:
But I'm with the rest of you on this. My last forum edited the avatar when you donated, Donating Member! 10 bucks for a year of advise I think is cheap. It could pay for forum upgrades and Rally stuff!:clap2:

shooter
04-27-2015, 10:54 AM
I'd throw $10 a year at this place....I dang sure know I get more out of it!

Tight-azz:stirthepot:

shooter
04-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Funny I've talked to Tony about this before. He wanted to keep it simple for all you cheap bast&*ds. :crackup:
But I'm with the rest of you on this. My last forum edited the avatar when you donated, Donating Member! 10 bucks for a year of advise I think is cheap. It could pay for forum upgrades and Rally stuff!:clap2:

Heck , I would give $11 just to stay ahead of 53.:039:

radi0chik
04-27-2015, 11:18 AM
I do IT and I've done admin stuff for vbulletin forums before. I'd absolutely be ok with chipping in some $ to help. Or any forum stuff he needs.

bigbird
04-27-2015, 11:46 AM
$10 US = $12 Cdn.
I'm OK with that.
Cheaper than a subscription to most useless motorcycle magazines, ( except Motorcycle Consumer News, of course).

53driver
04-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Heck , I would give $11 just to stay ahead of 53.:039:

Be my guest! I'm on a quasi-fixed income!

shooter
04-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Be my guest! I'm on a quasi-fixed income!

Yeah I wish my income was fixed as good as yours!:poke:

srt8-in-largo
04-27-2015, 01:05 PM
You guys crack me up :crackup:

srt8-in-largo
04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
I do IT and I've done admin stuff for vbulletin forums before. I'd absolutely be ok with chipping in some $ to help. Or any forum stuff he needs.

Careful.. if you get sucked in you may have to change to "ITchik" :icon_biggrin:

53driver
04-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah I wish my income was fixed as good as yours!:poke:

I didn't say it sucked...I said it was fixed. Kinda like my dogs.....:yikes:
Of course, the "Office of Management and Budget" has been known to over rule a few attempts at depleting the savings account.
And mate, if you're offering to share ammo during the zombie apocalypse, you ain't doing too bad neither. :poke:
And yes, I will share my ammo and wine and cubans with anyone who makes it to my domicile and wants to go out in a "big" way. :alc: :2gwb921:
Yes, "ATF" should be a convenience store, not a gov't branch....