PDA

View Full Version : Meet, Greet, & Ride in Michigan

seadog
04-24-2015, 08:48 AM
How about lets put something together for a meet and greet with a ride plan. There are a lot of great touring roads in Michigan. M22 north of Manistee runs all the way up the Leelanau peninsula, M119 north from Petoskey goes up thru the tunnel of trees and if you know the way ends in Mackinaw city. Route M23 up along Lake Huron is also a very nice route, route 2 in the upper peninsula is a fine ride and I am sure there are people out there with other roads we would love to hear about. Don't be scared to kick in ideas as we are very open to suggestion and a meet and greet point. The hard part is picking a time that works for everyone. :039::039::039:

F6B1911
04-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Count me in, I love driving Northern Michigan.... the U.P. too
Did all of your snow melt yet?

seadog
04-24-2015, 05:20 PM
It keeps coming and going and I am trying to pick up the new ride from Muskegon dealer. I am hoping to get it this Monday and the weatherman say its supposed to warm up from here if he isn't lying to us that is. I expect more from the forum to jump in with ideas and such but glad you posted, just really disappointing the lack of enthusiasm. Its been a long cold winter you would think these guys would be chomping at the bit to get a ride in with others from the forum. Oh well maybe in the days to come as the weather warms up they will come out of hibernation.....

F6B1911
04-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Hey Opas Ride ??
Hey BobinMich ??

carpdm
04-26-2015, 09:11 AM
I would like to make a visit to the UP. If you plan a meet and greet, I will try to make it. Thanks.

seadog
04-26-2015, 02:51 PM
I would like to make a visit to the UP. If you plan a meet and greet, I will try to make it. Thanks.

We definitely need feed back as to when everyone had days to play. That's the hard part is coordinating everyone to get together..... suggestions as to where would be a good place to get together at.... I am retired so that not a problem. all I need is Sunshine. Were not looking for 300 bikes if we find 4 or 5 that would be plenty.....

jm21ddd15
04-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Great rides in the U.P. I would join the Meet and Greet, depending on "when". I'm also retired, but have several other trips planned for the summer. Just give a Heads up, when the dates are picked.

Cheesyryder
04-26-2015, 10:34 PM
pick a date and I'll try to make it work

kingdomman
04-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Can a new guy come?

srt8-in-largo
04-28-2015, 08:12 PM
No new guys allowed.

j/k

:icon_biggrin:

seadog
04-29-2015, 05:26 AM
How long a ride does everyone want? Is this just a weekend ride or are we taking a week out of the summer? The end of June or the first couple weeks in July are usually the best time to plan something. Where is also a good thing to get down, where do we want to go. We can do a weekend run up M23 to Mackinaw city stay over there and come down the west side thru the Tunnel Of Trees run to Petoskey or straight to the bridge and run route 2 across the Upper peninsula. Which would turn into a week ride, there are lots of miles to cover in the Upper Peninsula. To leave my town of Cadillac and go to route 2 thru Escanaba and Iron mountain and up to Copper Harbor is 500 miles one way so that is a 1000 mile jaunt and would probably eat up the better portion of a week. Weekend runs would be the first ones I suggested.

Cheesyryder
04-29-2015, 08:16 AM
at first weekend would probably be easier to figure out

db24
04-29-2015, 09:07 AM
If you do make it to Escanaba, etc. I suspect you'd get several WI riders to meet up with you!

seadog
04-30-2015, 07:02 PM
All the Michigan rider should get together for the meet and greet and lets pick a destination. We have M22 just north of Manistee that goes all the way up the Leelanau peninsula, We have M119 at the north end of Petoskey that goes up thru the Tunnel of Trees run and that can end in Mackinaw City, which leaves an easy way back south with I-75 right there. Or we could me over near Pinconning and go up M23 along lake Huron. Depending on where the riders are coming from would kind of dictate where to meet. More Suggestions need, spit out some places to meet and we will figure the rest out from there!!!

F6B1911
04-30-2015, 07:38 PM
I've done northern Michigan a few ways, M23 along Lake Huron, M31 along Lake Michigan, or just blast up I-75 to get the most time in the UP.
There's the "Circle Lake Michigan" ride.
There's the Copper Harbor run.
There's Route 2 to Duluth.
If you all have passports, the circle around Lake Erie takes you through Ontario. Or the Trip to Toronto is great if you want to emphasize "eat" with the meet & greet!

There's some excellent routes, count me in.

carpdm
04-30-2015, 08:56 PM
I just committed to a ride west, WY, MT, ID...in july. That limits me to a few extended weekend rides. With that in mind, if you would decide to come west to the Houghton area I could ride there in a day, do a day of riding in the area, then ride home. So if that is what you decide and the weekend works for me, I will come. Sorry, I wish I could provide more definite and have more time.

seadog
04-30-2015, 10:13 PM
If you do make it to Escanaba, etc. I suspect you'd get several WI riders to meet up with you!

That will definitely be planned on a week long ride around the upper peninsula. Just way to many miles as some of the guys are from southern Michigan and even for me in Cadillac, that's a pretty good jaunt..... 'gw-smiley'

seadog
04-30-2015, 10:18 PM
I just committed to a ride west, WY, MT, ID...in july. That limits me to a few extended weekend rides. With that in mind, if you would decide to come west to the Houghton area I could ride there in a day, do a day of riding in the area, then ride home. So if that is what you decide and the weekend works for me, I will come. Sorry, I wish I could provide more definite and have more time.

Enjoy that trip out west that is some unbelievable scenery something like us Michigan people don't see around here.....Stay out of harms way out there and watch out for that darn free range chicken I been seeing on the TV commercial.

seadog
04-30-2015, 10:22 PM
I've done northern Michigan a few ways, M23 along Lake Huron, M31 along Lake Michigan, or just blast up I-75 to get the most time in the UP.
There's the "Circle Lake Michigan" ride.
There's the Copper Harbor run.
There's Route 2 to Duluth.
If you all have passports, the circle around Lake Erie takes you through Ontario. Or the Trip to Toronto is great if you want to emphasize "eat" with the meet & greet!

There's some excellent routes, count me in.
How about the Tunnel of trees backwards, We meet somewhere around Houghton Lake, Roscommon area and blast up to Mackinaw City grab Lunch at one of the fine resturants and run the Tunnel of Trees route south to Petoskey. Also could meet and do M23 north and stay over in Mackinaw City and run the Tunnel of Trees the next day :popcorn: