PDA

View Full Version : Modular Full Face Helmet

stevenolts
04-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know of a modular full face helmet that will fit in the saddlebag?

I can force my Scorpion EVO 900 into the drivers side saddlebag. It works but I feel like it is almost breaking the door. I also get door open warnings unless I have almost nothing else in the saddlebag and I slam the door. This works but I do not want to test my 7 year bumper to bumper warranty.

Steve

vmaxed
04-24-2015, 12:28 PM
I use a Nolan 102 modular, it's a medium and it fits in the right saddlebag OK :icon_wink:

stevenolts
04-24-2015, 12:43 PM
I wonder if it is the mount for the Sena Blue Tooth that is causing the problem on the Scorpion EXO 900.

I will have to try removing it and see if it works without it.

Steve

CheesyRider
04-24-2015, 02:40 PM
I don't know for certain it will fit, but the HJC RPHA Max has a really small shell for a modular.
It is the middle helmet in the photo below:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/rpha-max/symax-3-vs-rpha-max-vs-symax-2.jpg
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/rpha-max/

DMAGOLDRDR
04-24-2015, 08:05 PM
My HJC Symax (size XL with a chatterbox com mounted on the side ) fits in the right side. The trick is to set the helmet down on the open saddlebag lid with the helmet facing the front of the bike. As you close the saddlebag lid the top of the helmet will fit into the recessed section of the back wall of the saddlebag.
I hope I explained it well enough.

stevenolts
04-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Do you put it on the left side when facing forward on the seat or will it fit in both saddlebags?

DMAGOLDRDR
04-25-2015, 07:32 AM
Do you put it on the left side when facing forward on the seat or will it fit in both saddlebags?

With the Saddlebag lid open I set the Helmet on the open bag lid with the bottom of the Helmet down. As I close the bag lid I hold the Helmet and it pivots with the bag lid. Once the Saddle bag lid is closed (if you could see inside the Saddlebag) the Helmet would be on it's left side facing the front of the Motorcycle.

I will take a few pictures tonight when I get home to aid my explanation.

cosborn
04-26-2015, 04:37 PM
I use the Nolan Trilogy, find it great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVblRMwJx4

Chris

DavidNC
09-05-2015, 09:20 PM
With the Saddlebag lid open I set the Helmet on the open bag lid with the bottom of the Helmet down. As I close the bag lid I hold the Helmet and it pivots with the bag lid. Once the Saddle bag lid is closed (if you could see inside the Saddlebag) the Helmet would be on it's left side facing the front of the Motorcycle.

My full face helmet fits the saddle bag when upside down. plus is it can be used to stow rain gear.

Ericb445
09-05-2015, 09:32 PM
My Bilt demon XL from cycle gear fits tightly, still fits though.

xgringo
09-06-2015, 09:01 AM
I have a size medium HJC RPHA Max and it fits.

stevenolts
09-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey that works / before it would work but I had to kind of push on the saddle bag to get past the open warning. I always felt that this would eventually damage the saddle bag hinge.
Thank you, Steve

F6wannaB
09-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know of a modular full face helmet that will fit in the saddlebag?

I can force my Scorpion EVO 900 into the drivers side saddlebag. It works but I feel like it is almost breaking the door. I also get door open warnings unless I have almost nothing else in the saddlebag and I slam the door. This works but I do not want to test my 7 year bumper to bumper warranty.

Steve

Schuberth C3 small fits no problem

USMARINE
09-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Schuberth C3 LARGE also fits with plenty of room to spare.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-15-2015, 08:32 AM

How my HJC SY-MAX XL fits

moosedog
09-15-2015, 12:31 PM
My Shoei Neotec size medium fits but it's tight

baiao
09-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I was able to store 2 SHARK RSR2 full face helmets with scala rider G4 attached , one in left saddlebag and one in right saddlebag.
Simple closure ,and locked.