PDA

View Full Version : looking at some Kury lights for rear of bike

shortleg0521
04-25-2015, 12:09 PM
The first light is the finder tip light and the second is the lights that run from it
along the back of the saddle bags.
My question is what kind of adapters am I going to need to make it plug and play so as to have both just plug in.
Shortleg

F6B1911
04-25-2015, 02:39 PM
it should be the 3234

srt8-in-largo
04-26-2015, 11:04 PM
^^^ Yup Kury 3224 adapter. This "Y"'s into the bikes wiring, and then the light kits should have all the wiring you need to connect into this and each other.

luckyluciano
04-29-2015, 06:31 AM
My question is.....

Do they look good in person on the bike?

My wife seems to think they look kind of Hip Hop Rapper type Flashy bling bling. Lol!

She totally understands the safety visibility aspect of them.

Can owners who have them installed please comment on the looks as well? I realize it's somewhat subjective but do they look better in person? Do they look classy? Like they belong on the bike?
Seems like they could potentially be too much. Kind of like a Christmas tree. I'd hate to order them and be disappointed.

zeus661
04-29-2015, 06:50 AM
I have them. They brighten up the rear end and that is what matters to me. Easy install in warm weather.

luckyluciano
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Does any of the rear Tupperware need to be removed??

Also are they only brake & turn signal lights or do they run in the day or evening at a lower intensity?

And can you start by adding the rear fender tip below the licence plate only to see how you like it and add the sides later on or is it best to install everything all at once.

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 12:14 AM
My question is.....

My wife seems to think they look kind of Hip Hop Rapper type Flashy bling bling. Lol!

Can owners who have them installed please comment on the looks as well? I realize it's somewhat subjective but do they look better in person? Do they look classy? Like they belong on the bike?
Seems like they could potentially be too much. Kind of like a Christmas tree. I'd hate to order them and be disappointed.

I know where you're coming from. Personally I like just the center light; like your wife, my tastes are more subtle and low-key.

Speaking for the center light only since I don't own the saddlebag lights, I think they blend in well with the bike. However, I plan to make the blending perfect by eventually painting the light housing a matte black to match the rear fender.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7JS0Fx0U7Pc/VRYMu287OCI/AAAAAAAACk0/WFw4mLJbSiI/s800/DSC00685.JPG

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 12:15 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-L2yvncIduaU/VRYMUO-dfRI/AAAAAAAACkM/aw4O_Snx1MY/s800/DSC00682.JPG

Steve 0080
04-30-2015, 07:52 AM
I copied srt8.....plug and play.... it is a little easier if you remove the rear panel...4 screws !!!

zeus661
04-30-2015, 10:32 AM
They add no additional turn signal lighting. Just tail lights and brake.

MOJO
04-30-2015, 03:36 PM
I'll post some pics after my trip, but I installed: Brow lights that go under the tail light assembly and toggles with the turn signal-awesome look and function. I installed the Whelen light replacing the rear reflector - VERY nice bright and stobe with brakes on! I then installed the Kury rear fender tip lights with the bag reflectors. HOWEVER, I hate reflectors, especially on this bike. I dremmeled out the backside of the reflectors and installed 3LED light strips and joined them to the rear fender tip wiring. The rear grabs attention now without being too annoying....

junkyarddog
04-30-2015, 08:49 PM
I did the bottom and sides. So far everyone has said that they look like they belong there. Even the Harley guys. "but officer, I didn't see the motorcycle." That excuse won't fly w/ these lights.

PB_F6B_2015
05-10-2015, 03:13 PM
I had them on my 12 and they look just as good on the new F6B, both were smoked. They are bright but are no comparison to the police bikes in my area that light up light a Christmas tree.

Ride safe.

My question is.....