PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited

troypennock
07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I went and looked at my red over black F6BD last evening. The 1" lowering link was in, the ride on/ ride off center stand was removed (boy what a mistake that was), the rear carrier was on, and the 13"/with vent Cee dark wind screen was was on. The pile of parts was still high: the four Honda cigar lighters (one in each forward pocket and one at the fore top inside each saddle bag), Honda fog lights, Muth mirrors, fat black hand grips, and an Audio Vox CS 100 cruise control taken off my wife's VT750ACE. And then we are waiting for the Cobra 6x2x6's. The lighting is very time consuming and I will do that myself, on days when my hands can do it. So, the plan is to pick it up Tuesday. I am getting very excited. I have very high hopes for this bike.

IamBatmanF6B
07-18-2013, 07:46 PM
AND NO PICS ??????????????????:icon_frown:

troypennock
07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Pics when I pick it up.

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Why did you lower the bike? Giving up precious ground clearance, I don't get it.
:shock:

troypennock
07-18-2013, 08:22 PM
All my bikes have to be lowered. When you have a 28 inch inseam you factor lowering as a basic expense, like insurance or registration fees. When I flew an OH13G I had to put wooden blocks on the anti-torque pedals to reach them. It is really hard to be a macho helicopter pilot when you have to whip-out you kiddy tricycle wooden blocks before mounting-up.

michaels
07-18-2013, 09:26 PM
All my bikes have to be lowered. When you have a 28 inch inseam you factor lowering as a basic expense, like insurance or registration fees. When I flew an OH13G I had to put wooden blocks on the anti-torque pedals to reach them. It is really hard to be a macho helicopter pilot when you have to whip-out you kiddy tricycle wooden blocks before mounting-up.

When i had my FJR i purchase some boots....took them to a boot repair store and had 1" added to the sole......Also could wear them to a Kiss Concert...LOL

jkelley
07-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Can you elaborate more on the cruise control?

troypennock
07-19-2013, 12:20 PM
A number of years ago Audio Vox was a major supplier of cruise controls for the Auto After Market. I had one on my 05 FJR, 06 Connie 14, yr?Harley Deluxe, 08 BKing, 09 Hayabusa, and probably one or two more. When Audio Vox announced they were not going to make the generic CS100 anymore; but, they would have another maker (one of their suppliers, I believe) produce them, I was upset. I found a distributor with six and I bought all six at $85.00 each. As the years went by, several of my buddies "had to have one and I had so many" and now I have none. Since my wife was selling her VT750 Honda, we decided to take the one on it and put it on the F6B. I do not expect a problem, but I will let you know. I had to take a battery charger pigtail up to my mechanic so I snapped two shots of the bike. There really isn't much to see yet.842843

troypennock
07-19-2013, 01:42 PM
In 2010 this was my idea of DARK for my GoldWing

98valk
07-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi,
I would like to hear more about the 1" lowering link. I don't need one, but lower is always interesting. Would you provide a link or more info.
Thanks!

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Saddle surgery would be another option to explore to get your feet on the ground, right?

troypennock
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
A number of comments have been made. First, I did, and sometimes still do, wear my inch thick soled boots. A good friend and I rode to San Antonio (3 hours away) and at one of our rest stops he said: "Boy, you really take good care of your foot ware. I would not have believed a pair of Disco Boots would make it this long". Ugh. The word on saddle cutting is worthwhile. On my 08 GL18 I lowered the "frame to swing arm link" with a 5/8 inch shorter rod and that lowered the frame of the bike. I still only had one foot flat on the ground and the other foot was up on toes. So, I peeled back the seat cover, took my Thanksgiving turkey electric carving knife and removed the "Thunder Thighs Seat Side-Wings", did a little sculpting, and retacked the cover. This brought my legs in close enough to allow my feet to touch the ground flat footed on both sides. The last two lowering links I have installed, both used on GL18's, looked cheaply made. This is not a place to scrimp on the quality of the metal. A friend showed me one he liked and I ordered it the same day. Good piece of gear from:
Hi Troy
Just checking to make sure that you received your Kit.
Your feed-back is welcome at any time.
Thanks
Tom – Low Wing – 330-289-6893
I hope that these comments take care of any questions. Pray for rain, even if I do not get to ride this afternoon.