PDA

View Full Version : Seriously????

53driver
04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Probably the dumbest thing I have ever read.....
On Saturday, as protests continued to turn ugly, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake confirmed that the protesters were being given “space” to “destroy.”
“I worked with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” the mayor said. "It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

And then it became the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Video link to her statement:
https://youtu.be/QESGx__zewU

Really? This is Leadership? Since she actually bothered to separate Freedom of Speech from "Space to Destroy", someone please tell me what Amendment grants that right?

Limoles
04-27-2015, 09:09 PM
The same Major stated , that "looting and destruction of cities' equipment ( which she doesn't support ) is the public's natural reaction for the luck of communication between authorities and angry people , which is a long time unsolved problem".

I'm asking : Who is going to do it and when ?

stroguy
04-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh thank the lord for youtube. The embodiment of ignorance. I'm sure they are welcome over to the mayors residence for some bbq limos and glass smashing. An embarrassment to America. This is an elected official.....WOW!

Who taught this youngster that this was ok? Who will teach him that this is not ok? He should be at home studying or playing stickball. His generation has learned to hate the police. He will in turn teach his offspring to hate the police. Ah the cycle of life.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/0427bmore32_zps4hkhoiop.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/0427bmore32_zps4hkhoiop.jpg.html)

1968 in Washington D.C.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/Leffler_-1968_WashingtonDC_MLK_riots_zpsnvtlhpsy.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/Leffler_-1968_WashingtonDC_MLK_riots_zpsnvtlhpsy.jpg.html)

2015 Baltimore. We have come so little.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/7585441_G_zpsbi9bytgg.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/7585441_G_zpsbi9bytgg.jpg.html)

Airborne06
04-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Oh thank the lord for youtube. The embodiment of ignorance. I'm sure they are welcome over to the mayors residence for some bbq limos and glass smashing. An embarrassment to America. This is an elected official.....WOW!

Who taught this youngster that this was ok? Who will teach him that this not ok? He should be at home studying or playing stickball. His generation has learned to hate the police. He will in turn teach his offspring to hate the police. Ah the cycle of life.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/0427bmore32_zps4hkhoiop.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/0427bmore32_zps4hkhoiop.jpg.html)

1968 in Washington D.C.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/Leffler_-1968_WashingtonDC_MLK_riots_zpsnvtlhpsy.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/Leffler_-1968_WashingtonDC_MLK_riots_zpsnvtlhpsy.jpg.html)

2015 Baltimore. We have come so little.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/7585441_G_zpsbi9bytgg.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/7585441_G_zpsbi9bytgg.jpg.html)

Animals. Criminals.

Limoles
04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
"Within multicultural society , HATE is the biggest threat , when process of integration still carry memories of the past" .

George Bernard Shaw

Ridlikhel
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Take a fire hose and clean their asses real good. Round them up and force them to clean up every bit of litter off the areas of demonstrations, keeping every one in jail until the city shines again. So damn sick of this shit happening in inner cities. Reminds me of our boarders. Break a law, pay the time. Make it hard time and maybe they won't do it again.

In the 60's I watched a group of people burn their town down, Detroit it was, and today it still looks worst than it did in 68.

srt8-in-largo
04-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Ohhhh don't get me started... these buffoons are doomed with leaders like that.

What POSSIBLE reason would you have to make those statements. Such ignorance.

Steve 0080
04-27-2015, 11:23 PM
If the police are charged with protecting property and your insurance will not pay for riots, then I say shoot a few and it will stop, if not shoot them all, then it will stop.

For this mayor to say this is beyond my thinking.... the police keep letting it happen, its their job and their fault!!!

If I owned property there I would sue all in charge and start with the mayor!

:071::067::068::cop2:barney.fife'firefire'"flamefighter""Fyre2':cus::f2:

Limoles
04-27-2015, 11:40 PM
Baltimore is the last place on the Earth , where law abiding citizen could live , or raise family . Situation up there is so bad and chaotic , that no insurance companies have desires to provide any business . This place is on top of American list in murders , drugs and criminal violence . Simply Wild .

srt8-in-largo
04-27-2015, 11:52 PM
I'm STILL waiting for one of our "leaders" to address the criminal behavior that caused police to get involved in the first place.

NEWS FLASH: STOP COMMITTING F'ING CRIMES AND THE POLICE WON'T COME AFTER YOU.

jkelley
04-28-2015, 05:39 AM
I'm STILL waiting for one of our "leaders" to address the criminal behavior that caused police to get involved in the first place.

NEWS FLASH: STOP COMMITTING F'ING CRIMES AND THE POLICE WON'T COME AFTER YOU.

NO shit. Also what they forget is an officer has the responsibility to protect his own safety. Don't argue, threaten, go for his side arm, assault, and do what he or she asks you to do otherwise all bets are off. If he or she says stop then stop. Failure to behave like an intelligent human being has a price. If you choose to act like an idiot so shall you be treated. Further if we had work fare instead of welfare they might have a job to go to instead of roaming the damn streets.

Amipro
04-28-2015, 07:11 AM
...Really? This is Leadership? Since she actually bothered to separate Freedom of Speech from "Space to Destroy", someone please tell me what Amendment grants that right?

"Stupid is as Stupid does."
Forrest Gump :banghead:

Cheesyryder
04-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Just my opinion, but if you are getting benefits to raise your kids an do such a horrible job-should your benefits then be revoked? I mean if you are doing your job poorly should you still be getting paid??

Airborne06
04-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Just my opinion, but if you are getting benefits to raise your kids an do such a horrible job-should your benefits then be revoked? I mean if you are doing your job poorly should you still be getting paid??

The people who do this crap are simply feral savages. No amount of reasoning, logic, or opportunity will affect their behavior. Let's call it like it is, shall we? I am sick of the "well, if they just had jobs", or "it is repressed anger from their lot in life." BS! Sub-human behavior....

shooter
04-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Guys they did the same thing in Ferguson. One night I watched live TV while 20 protesters turned over and burned a police car while law enforcement stood and watched. Its unbelievable. Everyone watched while they looted and burned dozens of businesses.we

Steve 0080
04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
:071::067::068:

Limoles
04-28-2015, 10:26 AM
:071::067::068:

Hmmm ... 'stop now'shot his foot:suicide2:

valkmc
04-28-2015, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzkBGQx3HAc

Marine Gunfighter
04-28-2015, 11:12 AM
This stuff is all over the news, radio and Internet. It would be nice to get on a motorcycle forum and not have to see it here.

One saved round.. though not stated as eloquently as some may have liked. I believe anyone with some education understood that the Mayor's statement was taken out of context.

Steve 0080
04-28-2015, 12:42 PM
This stuff is all over the news, radio and Internet. It would be nice to get on a motorcycle forum and not have to see it here.

One saved round.. though not stated as eloquently as some may have liked. I believe anyone with some education understood that the Mayor's statement was taken out of context.

I must need to go back to school....

valkmc
04-28-2015, 01:07 PM

It is all over however I think this forum does a great job keeping off topic threads in the off topic forum and not on the motorcycle related threads. That way people who do not want to hear or see do not have to.

SmallPasture
04-28-2015, 02:48 PM

Seriously????:icon_doh: How can what she said be taken outta context? She said what she said and she is now trying to back track it. And then you insult anyone who heard the same thing w/ that crappy education comment.

Kurare79
04-28-2015, 02:53 PM
They all need a tough Mommy like her:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/28/us/baltimore-riot-mom-smacks-son/index.html

:icon_mrgreen: :yes:

srt8-in-largo
04-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Seriously????:icon_doh: How can what she said be taken outta context? She said what she said and she is now trying to back track it. And then you insult anyone who heard the same thing w/ that crappy education comment.

Agree; context, schmontext... it's was a dumb statement in any context in the universe.

There's hope with people like this around.

Limoles
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Don't get exited . Many might like it , but after riot she will be prosecuted for "child abuse" .

Kurare79
04-28-2015, 03:03 PM
@Limoles: :clap2: :crackup: Haha... good one!

SmallPasture
04-28-2015, 03:07 PM

You are 100% correct!!!! We need a whole bunch more of her! I know mine would have been doing the exact same thing to me!!! And then Dad would put his learning on me as well!
That Mom truly loves her son. If she didn't she would have done it! I know every butt whoopin' I got was outta love!

taxfree4
04-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Riots and looting are the way that inner city families upgrade their electronics, furniture and housewares.

SmallPasture
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM
http://prageruniversity.com/Political-Science/Dont-Judge-Blacks-Differently.html#.VT_1C_ldWrh

shooter
04-28-2015, 04:25 PM

Don't click on it. This is the OTE. The F6B is the topic. We are off topic. Its OK. Phantom says it is. Just stay in the motorcycle section of the forum. We use this section to current events and useless drivel.

53driver
04-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Hey Marine Gunfighter (0311?) - Semper Fi, but you need more public relations education....the video pretty much goes from start to finish.
Next time you have a saved round, recommend you wait for the alibi target to appear.
The Gov & Pres called and told her to recant it, which she attempted. There is no "out-of-context" here.

Now, there's a data mining company that has linked the IP addresses of the social media devices calling for "The Purge" in Baltimore to many devices used in Ferguson.
Professional riot inciters.
Lovely.

shooter
04-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey Marine Gunfighter (0311?) - Semper Fi, but you need more public relations education....the video pretty much goes from start to finish.
Next time you have a saved round, recommend you wait for the alibi target to appear.
The Gov & Pres called and told her to recant it, which she attempted. There is no "out-of-context" here.

Now, there's a data mining company that has linked the IP addresses of the social media devices calling for "The Purge" in Baltimore to many devices used in Ferguson.
Lovely.

53 I'm only about 40 mikes from Ferguson. I remember one night they arrested 48 people. Out of the 48 , 38 wasn't even from this state. 8 more was from another city. Only 2 people were from Ferguson. That was typical percentages after the first four weeks. People was coming in from all over the country.

srt8-in-largo
04-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Don't get exited . Many might like it , but after riot she will be prosecuted for "child abuse" .

:crackup:

BIGLRY
04-29-2015, 03:11 AM

Lovely.
That's the facts jack..... I watched her say it in real time on live TV, no video and almost fell out of my chair when she said that.:icon_frown:
I now wait for the litigation to start cause you know someone is going to sue her over that comment.:301:

seadog
04-29-2015, 05:08 AM
If the police are charged with protecting property and your insurance will not pay for riots, then I say shoot a few and it will stop, if not shoot them all, then it will stop.

For this mayor to say this is beyond my thinking.... the police keep letting it happen, its their job and their fault!!!

If I owned property there I would sue all in charge and start with the mayor!

:071::067::068::cop2:barney.fife'firefire'"flamefighter""Fyre2':cus::f2:

That didn't work with the Indians back in the early days of our country but the sad lack of leadership in this country has turned into a plague.
Call the National Guard, get some dam order in the streets instead of letting people destroy and plunder the local shops in the vicinity. What the heck is wrong with these leaders. We all know where their heads at, somewhere the sun don't shine!!!!!

TnHeath
04-29-2015, 09:25 AM
NO shit. Also what they forget is an officer has the responsibility to protect his own safety. Don't argue, threaten, go for his side arm, assault, and do what he or she asks you to do otherwise all bets are off. If he or she says stop then stop. Failure to behave like an intelligent human being has a price. If you choose to act like an idiot so shall you be treated. Further if we had work fare instead of welfare they might have a job to go to instead of roaming the damn streets.

The wisdom of Solomon....I wish our leaders would say something like this publically...You can't know what it is like arresting people if you've never done it. I have, and at times it gets messy. I was a Christian cop and I always tried to treat people with respect. But, sometimes they won't let you. I never took a man's dignity away even if he was the town drunk. OTOH, if he/she needed arresting then I would do whatever it took to take them in. No cop can say, "Oh, I'm sorry you broke the law...just go on and forget it, do better the next time." You have to exert whatever force it takes to effect the arrest, but no more. If our leaders could be a cop on the street for a day then they would sing a different tune.

I remember one of my first arrests following the police academy. A woman had taken out a warrant against her husband and the Lt. told me to go to the residence and arrest him. I told him he was "under arrest" and took his arm, he then bolted and we began to scuffle right there in the living room. I did not want to hurt him; his wife, children, and parents were in the room. So I gently tried to subdue him. We knocked over most of the furniture in that room. Someone cried out, "He's got a pacemaker." I thought they said, "peacemaker." I thought this guy has a gun, I got to stop this now. So I pulled out my slap-jack and took him down. It turned out his dad was the one with a pacemaker and he was having a coronary over in the corner of the room.

From that day on I said to myself no more playing with people. If they want to go the hard way, that is their choice. I'm not going to let someone get the reach on me, possibly grabbing my gun. When someone wants to resist it is a "knock-down drag out struggle" no matter how many officers are there. Try to put one drunken person in the back of a cruiser who wants to resist and it is a real struggle, even for several officers.

Officers do not always make the right decision, and sometime adrenaline causes one to go too far. Officers should be held accountability for bad decisions, but people should also not resist. None of these recent deaths by the hand of cops would have happened if the offenders had just surrendered and not resisted.

stroguy
04-29-2015, 09:56 AM
I recall the supreme leader enshrined an ENTIRE police department as acting stupidly, while in the next breath saying he didn't have all of the facts. This mayor does not have a monopoly on being just plain dumb. Lack of leadership and lack of experience are in. And how dare you make any criticism of their idiocy.

shooter
04-29-2015, 10:27 AM
The wisdom of Solomon....I wish our leaders would say something like this publically...You can't know what it is like arresting people if you've never done it. I have, and at times it gets messy. I was a Christian cop and I always tried to treat people with respect. But, sometimes they won't let you. I never took a man's dignity away even if he was the town drunk. OTOH, if he/she needed arresting then I would do whatever it took to take them in. No cop can say, "Oh, I'm sorry you broke the law...just go on and forget it, do better the next time." You have to exert whatever force it takes to effect the arrest, but no more. If our leaders could be a cop on the street for a day then they would sing a different tune.

I remember one of my first arrests following the police academy. A woman had taken out a warrant against her husband and the Lt. told me to go to the residence and arrest him. I told him he was "under arrest" and took his arm, he then bolted and we began to scuffle right there in the living room. I did not want to hurt him; his wife, children, and parents were in the room. So I gently tried to subdue him. We knocked over most of the furniture in that room. Someone cried out, "He's got a pacemaker." I thought they said, "peacemaker." I thought this guy has a gun, I got to stop this now. So I pulled out my slap-jack and took him down. It turned out his dad was the one with a pacemaker and he was having a coronary over in the corner of the room.

From that day on I said to myself no more playing with people. If they want to go the hard way, that is their choice. I'm not going to let someone get the reach on me, possibly grabbing my gun. When someone wants to resist it is a "knock-down drag out struggle" no matter how many officers are there. Try to put one drunken person in the back of a cruiser who wants to resist and it is a real struggle, even for several officers.

Officers do not always make the right decision, and sometime adrenaline causes one to go too far. Officers should be held accountability for bad decisions, but people should also not resist. None of these recent deaths by the hand of cops would have happened if the offenders had just surrendered and not resisted.

You are exactly right. I hope a judge and jury sees that. In the heat of the moment , adrenaline takes over. The officer reacts instead of acts. Doesn't make the outcome justified , but you can't put all the blame on the cop. It's just a bad situation.

Retired Army
04-29-2015, 11:00 AM
How far away is society from martial law and a reunion with Kent State? Has the time come for voters to research candidates?

stroguy
04-29-2015, 11:20 AM

You want to return home to your family everyday......just like me. A point never thought of.

https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g

Limoles
04-29-2015, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSK9viJFEg

shooter
04-29-2015, 07:55 PM
I think it is kinda funny. If they allow it to happen then so be it. They have a choice. They choose to be passive.

Steve 0080
04-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Here is where I get confused... Black on Black crime kills ...maybe 500 young people each week. I'm guessing but I'll bet the number is twice that... the Police kill someone about one or two times per day of every flavor... The people in Balitmore are rioting because a B/M died a week after being arrested... so the one is not OK but the 1000 that were killed the same week is OK...still scratching my head... After trillions of dollars spent from the 60's to have equality and when you look at the footage from the T.V. this week in juxtaposition to the 60's I cannot see the difference.... :stirthepot:

Steve 0080
04-29-2015, 10:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ModernRevolution/videos/891070754284593/

53driver
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Saw that...need more personal accountability. True dat!

srt8-in-largo
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Here is where I get confused... Black on Black crime kills ...maybe 500 young people each week. I'm guessing but I'll bet the number is twice that... the Police kill someone about one or two times per day of every flavor... The people in Balitmore are rioting because a B/M died a week after being arrested... so the one is not OK but the 1000 that were killed the same week is OK...still scratching my head... After trillions of dollars spent from the 60's to have equality and when you look at the footage from the T.V. this week in juxtaposition to the 60's I cannot see the difference.... :stirthepot:

I don't get it either Steve... and at this point don't care anymore. Time to stop throwing money at these fools and let them kill themselves off.

Steve 0080
04-29-2015, 10:21 PM
http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/freddy-grays-arrest-record-heres-the-rap-sheet-of-the-dude-theyre-destroying-baltimore-over/#

srt8-in-largo
04-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Whats the best police organization to make donations to? How does one go about finding out?

The cops are doing a huge benefit to the law abiding citizens for getting dbags like this off the street... and look at what they have to go through. We're better off without guys like Freddie scumming up our streets.

Limoles
04-29-2015, 10:49 PM
The BIGGEST PROBLEM is , that nobody is able to find rational SOLUTION .

Kurare79
04-29-2015, 11:14 PM
http://d1.stern.de/bilder/stern_5/panorama/2015/KW18/NYPost-Mutter-Baltimore_fitwidth_489.jpg

I don't understand at the moment why such things like the riots last night still happen. In our country this would last one day and at the next day there would be more than 10.000 specialized forces to keep them disciplined. I mean that's the US. Country with the strongest army on this planet. What holds them back at the moment?

srt8-in-largo
04-29-2015, 11:35 PM
We have lost our minds as a country Karim.

Leaders are terrified of being called "racist"... that's why these fools get so much leeway to rampage through the streets.

Limoles
04-29-2015, 11:46 PM
We have lost our minds as a country Karim.

Leaders are terrified of being called "racist"... that's why these fools get so much leeway to rampage through the streets.

So , why the nation vote for them over and over again ? This is our fault we are afraid to chose smart leaders , leaving space for idiots , who are destroying this country and stripping it from the basic values , especially the moral one .

Steve 0080
04-29-2015, 11:47 PM
The BIGGEST PROBLEM is , that nobody is able to find rational SOLUTION .

Birth control......

Limoles
04-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Birth control......

Fantastic answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 12:02 AM
So , why the nation vote for them over and over again ? This is our fault we are afraid to chose smart leaders , leaving space for idiots , who are destroying this country and stripping it from the basic values , especially the moral one .

This is not a matter of not voting, nor is it a matter of not having good candidates; this is a matter of political forces "changing" the candidates after they enter office.

Many good people enter politics with integrity and ideals and convictions of the heart... many bad people enter seeking only to satisfy their power-lust... but, whichever the case, ALL eventually succumb to the political forces that turns them into weak puppets.

shooter
04-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Birth control......

STEVE IN 16 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve 0080
04-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Fantastic answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did not seem to care for: :cop2::071::067::068:"flame fighter":talk015::hifu:

You sound like my son who voted for odumma not once but twice..let me help you here....NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flat6bagger
04-30-2015, 08:05 AM
Nothing but a bunch of Oxygen Thieves!

SmallPasture
04-30-2015, 08:05 AM
You sound like my son who voted for odumma not once but twice..let me help you here....NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there's the problem!

Limoles
04-30-2015, 08:36 AM
and there's the problem!

The problem became even bigger , if it's never understood , so - NOTHING WILL CHANGE ( ? ) .

Retired Army
04-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Perhaps when humanity becomes more civil, an acceptable solution will be negotiated. Hopefully America has the dynamics to reach this outcome. So far history has proven otherwise.

BIGLRY
04-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I know a lot of the members here are not old enough, but how many of ya remember the 60's riots

1960 – HUAC riot, May 13, Students protest House Un-American Activities Committee hearings, 12 injured, 64 arrested, San Francisco, California
1960 – El Cajon Boulevard Riot, August 20, San Diego, California
1960 – Ax Handle Saturday, August 27, Jacksonville, Florida
1962 – Ole Miss riot 1962, September 3 – October 1, The University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
1963 – Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 – the July 16 police-killing of James Powell, in the Yorkville neighbourhood just south of East Harlem, precipitates a string of race riots in July and August, including:
1964 – Harlem Riot of 1964, July 16–22, New York City, New York
1964 – Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24–25, Rochester, New York
1964 – Jersey City 1964 race riot, August 2–4, Jersey City, New Jersey
1964 – Paterson 1964 race riot, August 11–13, Paterson, New Jersey
1964 – Elizabeth 1964 race riot, August 11–13, Elizabeth, New Jersey
1964 – Chicago 1964 race riot, Dixmoor riot, August 16–17, Chicago, Illinois
1964 – Philadelphia 1964 race riot, August 28–30, Philadelphia, PA
1965 – Watts Riots, August 11–17, Los Angeles, California
1966 – Division Street Riots, June 12–14, Humboldt Park, Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Omaha riot of 1966, July 2, Omaha, Nebraska
1966 – 1966 Dayton riot, July 15–16, Dayton, Ohio
1966 – Hough Riots, July 18–24, Cleveland, Ohio
1966 – 1966 Brooklyn riot, July 22, New York City, New York
1966 – 1966 South Bend riot, July 25–27, South Bend, Indiana
1966 – 1966 Lansing riot, August 7, Lansing, Michigan
1966 – Kercheval Street Riot, August 11–13, Detroit, Michigan
1966 – Waukegan Riot, August 27, Waukegan, Illinois
1966 – Benton Harbor Riot, August 30 – September 4, Benton Harbor, Michigan
1966 – Atlanta riot of 1966, September 6, Atlanta, Georgia
1966 – Hunter's Point Riot, September 27 – October 1, San Francisco, California
1966 – Sunset Strip curfew riots, November 12, various other flareups, basis for the song "For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield song)", West Hollywood, California
(I was at that one)

1967 – Long Hot Summer of 1967 refers to a year in which 159 race riots erupted across the United States, including: 1967 – Belle Isle riot, April 30, Detroit, Michigan {Source: Detroit Free Press' "The Detroit Almanac", 2001.}
1967 – Roxbury riot, June 2–7 Boston, Massachusetts
1967 – Tampa riots, June 11, Tampa, Florida
1967 – Buffalo riot of 1967, June 27, Buffalo, New York
1967 – 1967 Newark riots, July 12–17, Newark, New Jersey
1967 – 1967 Plainfield riots, July 14–21, Plainfield, New Jersey
1967 – Cairo riot, July 17, Cairo, Illinois
1967 – Durham riot, July 19, Durham, North Carolina
1967 – Memphis riot, July 20, Memphis, Tennessee
1967 – 1967 Detroit riot, July 23–29, Detroit, Michigan
1967 – 1967 Harlem riot, July 23-25, New York City, New York
1967 – Rochester 1967 race riot, July 23–24, Rochester, New York
1967 – 1967 Pontiac riot, July 23-25, Pontiac, Michigan
1967 – 1967 Flint riot, July 23-25, Flint, Michigan
1967 – 1967 Grand Rapids riot, July 23-25, Grand Rapids, Michigan
1967 – 1967 Kalamazoo riot, July 23, Kalamazoo, Michigan
1967 – 1967 Toledo riot, July 23-25, Toledo, Ohio
1967 – 1967 Englewood riot, July 23-25, Englewood, New Jersey
1967 – 1967 Houston riot, July 23-25, Houston, Texas
1967 – 1967 Tuscon riot, July 23-24, Tucson, Arizona
1967 – 1967 Lima riot, July 24, Lima, Ohio
1967 – Cambridge riot of 1967, July 24, a.k.a. the H. Rap Brown riot, Cambridge, Maryland
1967 – 1967 Saginaw riot, July 25, Saginaw, Michigan
1967 – Milwaukee riot, July 30, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1967 – Minneapolis North Side Riots, August, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota

1967 – Dow riot, October 18, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
1968 – Orangeburg Massacre, S.C. State Univ., February 8, Orangeburg, South Carolina
1968 – Memphis Sanitation Strike riot, March 28, Memphis, Tennessee
1968 – Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., April 4, Memphis, Tennessee, precipitates all April 4–14 riots, including: 1968 – 1968 Detroit riot, April 4–5, Detroit, Michigan {Source: "Violence in the Model City", Sidney Fine.}
1968 – 1968 Washington, D.C. riots, April 4–8, Washington, D.C.
1968 – Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6–12, Baltimore, MD
1968 – 1968 Chicago riots, West Side Riots, April 7–14, Chicago, Illinois
1968 – Avondale riot of 1968, April 8, Cincinnati, Ohio
1968 – 1968 Kansas City riot, April 9, Kansas City, Missouri
1968 – Wilmington Riot of 1968, April 9–10, Wilmington, Delaware

1968 – Columbia University protests of 1968, April 23, New York City, New York
1968 – Cobo Hall riot, May 13, Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan {Source: "Violence in the Model City", Sidney Fine.}
1968 – Salisbury riot, May 18–20, Salisbury, Maryland
1968 – Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, Louisville, Kentucky
1968 – Glenville Shootout, July 23–28, Cleveland, Ohio
1968 – Liberty City riot, August 7–13, Miami, Florida
1968 – 1968 Democratic National Convention protests, including riot August 27–28, Chicago, Illinois
1968 – "Cobo II" riot, October 29, Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan {Source: "Violence in the Model City", Sidney Fine.}
1968 – Veterans' Memorial Hall riot, November 1, Detroit, Michigan {Source: "Violence in the Model City", Sidney Fine.}
1969 – Republic of New Africa riot, March 29, Detroit, Michigan {Source: "Violence in the Model City", Sidney Fine.}
1969 – Zip to Zap riot, May 9–11, Zap, North Dakota
1969 – People's Park Riots, May, Berkeley, California
1969 – 1969 Greensboro uprising, May 21–25, Greensboro, North Carolina
1969 – Cairo disorders, May–December, Cairo, Illinois
1969 – Stonewall riots, June 28 – July 2, New York City, New York
1969 – San Diego Riot, July 13, San Diego, California
1969 – Youngstown Riot, July 15, Youngstown, Ohio
1969 – Sacramento Disorder, July 17, Shootout between BPP & police, Sacramento, California
1969 – S.E. Melee, July 21, S.E. DC, Washington, DC
1969 – 1969 York Race Riot, July 17–24, York, Pennsylvania
1969 – Passaic Disorder, August 3, Passaic, New Jersey
1969 – Hartford riot, September 2, Hartford, Conn.
1969 – Ft. Lauderdale Riot, September 2, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1969 – Las Vegas Riot, October 6, Las Vegas, Nevada
1969 – Days of Rage, October 8–11, Weathermen riot in Chicago, Chicago, Illinois

and that is only the 60's:shock: For the complet history of riots in America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_St ates#20th_century

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana

stroguy
04-30-2015, 11:14 AM
It gets more queer every minute that goes by. Now we are validating gangs in Baltimore as legitimate peace keepers. Hilarious. Every week that goes by the Joe or Stooge, as they see it, that goes to work 40-50 hours a week and buys bread and bologna for their family are becoming the problems. The drug dealers and thugs are peacemakers? I was born in Maryland, I doubt whether I need to ever return.

SmallPasture
04-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana

That is the biggest problem....they keep wanting to rewrite it!

Thanks BIGLRY! :yes:

SmallPasture
04-30-2015, 11:20 AM
I was born in Maryland, I doubt whether I need to ever return.

Can't say as I blame ya!

Limoles
04-30-2015, 06:01 PM
You did not seem to care for: :cop2::071::067::068:"flame fighter":talk015::hifu:

I do care , but with different attitudes . You can fight with the ghost hidden in your shade , which still doesn't make you a winner . I admire your son , who believed in changes . Many have had hopes - they are better than luck of it. I can only give you a credit for silly idea of "birth control" , but as you might know ... it's unreal and looks like you have no answer either . The only George's SRT8 analysis make sense to me .

Steve 0080
04-30-2015, 08:07 PM
The problem became even bigger , if it's never understood , so - NOTHING WILL CHANGE ( ? ) .

I believe the problem lies with the black family and the problem is THEIRS... We keep throwing money at it and nothing changes...why would it change we are paying for it NOT to change. Blacks in general continue to vote democrat and not really realizing that they in fact are keeping them down. Until the black community fixes their issues nothing is going to change...Black on black crime is out of control !!! I mentioned it earlier... Until the black community changes their stereotype, the path their community is on will not change ... Liberals want to blame everything on the lack of jobs, lack of education lack of whatever... The fact is that anyone can go to college and blacks have many organizations that will help with that endeavor . Just look at the current occupants of the white house...both went to college on someone else's dime, both had their law licenses revoked and now they both live off the government ...pretty smart if I do say so myself. Until the elders of the black community take control and push people towards where they can be part of society nothing will change...the crux of it all is THEY GOT TO WANT IT..... I also believe these people are NOT the majority of the black community as well... I work with and have people of color to our house weekly...none of these people condone the behavior shown in MD....I guess my point if there is one that the few ruin it for the many... when their house is in order than the rest of our country will join to help!

Limoles what do you think the issue/s are..do you believe they can be fixed and who should fix them? I believe nothing will change because deep down inside this group of people like their lot in life!

Steve 0080
04-30-2015, 08:10 PM
A site I looked at today....WWW.killedbypolice.net....

BIGLRY
04-30-2015, 08:53 PM
I believe the problem lies with the black family and the problem is THEIRS... We keep throwing money at it and nothing changes...why would it change we are paying for it NOT to change. Blacks in general continue to vote democrat and not really realizing that they in fact are keeping them down. Until the black community fixes their issues nothing is going to change...Black on black crime is out of control !!! I mentioned it earlier... Until the black community changes their stereotype, the path their community is on will not change ... Liberals want to blame everything on the lack of jobs, lack of education lack of whatever... The fact is that anyone can go to college and blacks have many organizations that will help with that endeavor . Just look at the current occupants of the white house...both went to college on someone else's dime, both had their law licenses revoked and now they both live off the government ...pretty smart if I do say so myself. Until the elders of the black community take control and push people towards where they can be part of society nothing will change...the crux of it all is THEY GOT TO WANT IT..... I also believe these people are NOT the majority of the black community as well... I work with and have people of color to our house weekly...none of these people condone the behavior shown in MD....I guess my point if there is one that the few ruin it for the many... when their house is in order than the rest of our country will join to help!

Limoles what do you think the issue/s are..do you believe they can be fixed and who should fix them? I believe nothing will change because deep down inside this group of people like their lot in life!

Pertty spot on post there my friend. To bad more people don't realize this. :301:

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Peaceful coexistence cannot and will not happen as long as one contingent resents another... this is a jumbo size can of worms.

Limoles
04-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Pertty spot on post there my friend. To bad more people don't realize this. :301:

Here , one can find essential explanation of existing problems , exposed
by James Baldwin in the book "The Collapse of American Hope" .

"Black rage is a response to black suffering and failure of the past , and reflects the irresistible temptation to attribute African American problems to a history of white racist oppression. Despite substantial progress over the past few decades, African Americans continue to show conspicuous evidence of failure - failure in the workplace, failure in schools and colleges, and failure to maintain intact families and secure communities. Taken together, these hardships and inadequacies virtually assure that blacks will not eve equality of earnings and status with other groups anytime soon. Even more seriously, they threaten to destroy poor black communities and endanger the economic and physical integrity of society as a whole".

"There is a political chasm as well: increasingly the Republican party is becoming the party of whites, while the Democratic party is beholden to its African American voting base. If these political and racial divisions are exacerbated, we are likely to witness a further decomposition of the bonds that hold the country together. Thus America's historically unprecedented attempt to construct a truly multiracial society may be doomed to fail".

There is another and almost forgotten aspect of this murky reality - In such a divided and multi racial society , maintaining solid ideology , supporting national interest and for benefits of all , is simply impossible .

Limoles
04-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Peaceful coexistence cannot and will not happen as long as one contingent resents another... this is a jumbo size can of worms.

... and you are right again . Surely , after 2014 it will be obvious already .

http://www.businessinsider.com/census-whites-will-become-a-minority-in-the-united-states-by-2043-2012-12

Bike44
04-30-2015, 10:40 PM
This ghetto mentality and behavior isn't limited to blacks...every race imposes limitations on non-normal activity for their group.

What's normal for some is poverty, crime among and between races, an unsupervised existence, no family ties, and a lack motivation and self restraint regardless of race.

For others it's behaving like their community, neighbors, and family approve with a learned conscience. In the latter situation when screwing up prompt corrective action is taken (or at least it once was).

We of age are watching the reforming of social behavior, but that doesn't mean we should accept it.

Steve 0080
04-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Limoles "Black rage is a response to black suffering and failure of the past "

And there lies the problem... My people, ( American Indian ) had everything taken away and either starved or killed... You don't see indians out burning stuff because their ancestors were treated badly!!!

When are people going to stop living in the past? Kinda like the trash, you take it out to the curb and then you hear the trash truck coming and you run outside and bring it back in...at some point it will begin to stink!!!

Trust me I get it, I have no clue what it is to be black, We have a couple that comes over from time to time, ( black)...she is my "work wife" so we are pretty close!!! They are both retired Air Force...they have two kids ( mid 20's) I was somewhat taken back when the father stated he was concerned that his child may be stop by a policeman and something bad happen...I tried to understand his was of thinking, but for me being a retired police officer could not really. I can only speak for myself and the people who worked for me...I have not nor have ever seen any wrong doing to a citizen...period. Now I did see one shot, after he shot first, have seen a few with a bump on their heads when they did not get in the police car as instructed...but can honestly say no one was ever mis treated. My advice to the father was simple...keep your hands on the wheel, turn on the inside light, be polite and drive on...simple. The problem begins when people do not do as instructed...right or wrong does not matter...that is what the court house is for...on the street do what the nice police officer says to do and ALL will end well.
My confusion begins when someone says that because of some ill that happen many years ago that it is now OK to burn down the local store ??? It is harsh but I stand but shooting them( who ever and whatever color) when they come to burn a store, a state vehicle or private property...period! In this case the idiot mayor saying she had set up areas for "them" to destroy is insane! What ever happen to protecting life and property. Is there anyone on this board that would go three states over and burn a town because someone they don't know or have ever met had some injustice done to them???

I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!!

DaWadd
05-01-2015, 07:54 AM
(I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!! ) Very well put. We have the same kinda problem with the Indians here. Always blame it on someone else.

valkmc
05-01-2015, 09:48 AM
(I will say it again...the black community needs to fix itself, from within!!! ) Very well put. We have the same kinda problem with the Indians here. Always blame it on someone else.

Huge example of blaming someone else......not sure if blaming someone else is a one race problem but if things keep going this way we are all in trouble. Beware this may cause your blood pressure to go up!!!! The link does not work well so I attached part of the article!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/04/10/judge-slams-victims-tots-black-men-fear/25581605/

Judge Slams Victims for Tot’s ’Black Men’ Fear (9.4)
Printable Version of Article
Courier-Journal
Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear
Andrew Wolfson 9:46 a.m. EDT April 15, 2015
Jordan and Tommy Gray's 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint.

Two years later, when one of the offenders was about to be sentenced, Jordan wrote in a victim impact statement that her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men." Both robbers were African-American.

"Whenever we are running errands, if we come across a black male, she holds me tight and begs me to leave," the mother said. "It has affected her friendships at school and our relationships with African-American friends."

Tommy Gray also wrote that since the crime, his daughter had been terrified of black males and that probation was not sufficient punishment for Gregory Wallace, 27, who had pleaded guilty to robbery.

"If holding a little girl at gunpoint gets you probation, then our system is flawed," Gray said.

But when Wallace was brought up for sentencing Feb. 4 in Jefferson Circuit Court, it was the parents, not Wallace, who suffered Judge Olu Stevens' wrath.

"I am offended. … I am deeply offended that they would be victimized by an individual and express some kind of fear of all black men," he said.

"This little girl certainly has been victimized, and she can't help the way she feels," he said. "My exception is more with her parents and their accepting that kind of mentality and fostering those type of stereotypes."

The Grays were not in court as Stevens denounced their statements and granted probation to Wallace, whom he said deserved the opportunity to redeem himself.

But they did see when Stevens condemned their statements again, in a post on Facebook.

"Do three year olds form such generalized, stereotyped and racist opinions of others?" he wrote. "I think not. Perhaps the mother had attributed her own views to her child as a manner of sanitizing them."

Stevens, who was appointed to the bench in 2009 and re-elected last year without opposition, did not mention the Grays or Wallace by name on Facebook. He noted in court and in his post that "the statement played absolutely no role in the sentencing decision."

And in an interview, he said he did nothing improper in court or on social media. "I was cautioning the parents against allowing racial stereotypes to impact their behavior and that of their child," he said.

But leading experts on judicial ethics condemned his remarks, as did Commonwealth's Attorney Tom Wine and friends and family of the Grays, some of whom have started a Facebook page urging Stevens' removal from office.

"Judge Stevens blamed and shamed the victims," said the girl's paternal grandmother, Dawn Renee Bryant, who said her daughter-in-law cried when she read the judge's post. "It is very disturbing to be called something you are not."

Wine said his office would disavow any racist victim impact statement but the statements made by the victims in this case "were not intended to be and were not."

"The mother of a 3-year-old was describing how the home invaders, armed with guns, affected her family," Wine said. "She differentiated how the adults and the child were affected."

He also said that "had the assailants been old fat men with white beards, I believe the child would have the same reaction to similarly described persons."

In an email, Ronald Rotunda, a law professor at Chapman University in Orange, Calif., and the author of a widely used course book on legal ethics, said Stevens violated the Code of Judicial Conduct, both by using the prestige of his office to further his personal interests and by commenting on a pending case on Facebook.

"The judge, acting like a pop psychologist, decides to attack the little girl and her parents," Rotunda said. "Then, after the judge … has a chance to cool down … he goes on Facebook and does it all over again. The judge should be a little more judicious."

Jeffrey Shaman, who teaches at Chicago's DePaul University law school and once ran the Center for Judicial Conduct Organizations, said judicial criticism of victim impact statements could discourage victims from "participating in the criminal justice system and ensuring that their voices will be heard."

Indiana University law professor Charles Geyh said that while it is not intrinsically wrong for a judge to criticize a victim — such as the instigator of a bar fight — given Stevens' emotional reaction in court and on Facebook, he arguably should have disqualified himself because his impartiality might be questioned.

"While the judge insisted that his judgment was unaffected by the victim statement, the issue is whether a reasonable observer would think likewise. Maybe not," Geyh said.

Still, Geyh said matters of race can be complex.

"An observer disconnected from issues of race and racial politics might regard the victim statement as innocuous," he said. "For an observer sensitive to race, however, the implication that black defendants should be held accountable for traumatizing their victims because they are black … is troubling."

In an interview, Stevens, who says in his Twitter profile that he prides himself on showing "respect for all those who come before the court," denied that he demeaned Wallace's victims.

"I wasn't criticizing the victims, I was criticizing a statement that I thought was a generalization against an entire race of people," he said.

Stevens, a former Louisville Bar Association president, said his Facebook post was "very well-received by many people" and that he took it down after about a week because "a small group of individuals began promoting their agenda on my page." The Courier-Journal obtained a copy this month.

The Kentucky Judicial Ethics Committee has said judges may post on Facebook and other social media sites but noted that they are "fraught with peril for judges," who must "avoid the appearance of impropriety" and thus accept restrictions that "might be viewed as burdensome by the ordinary citizen."

Wallace and his accomplice, Marquis McAfee, both 27, were arrested about three weeks after the robbery. Both pleaded guilty and McAfee, who was on probation for a prior crime, was sentenced to 10 years in prison, which he is serving.

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Richard Elder objected to probation for Wallace, who pleaded guilty to a 20-year sentence, saying he was "guilty as hell" and "put a gun in that little girl's father's face."

But Stevens said in court that Wallace had no prior convictions for violent crimes and strong support from his family and friends, who wrote letters to the judge noting that he had won the "Johnny Unitas Scholar Athlete Award" at Iroquois High School and stayed out of trouble during 17 months in jail awaiting trial.

Stevens said in court that "more times than not" he sends offenders who use firearms during their offenses to prison, but in this case "I think the equities weigh in favor of you having the opportunity to redeem yourself."

Of the victim statement, he said to Elder, "I wonder if the perpetrator had been white would they be in fear of white men. The answer would probably be no.

"I am offended by that," Stevens continued. "Perhaps you can pass this on that I find this very offensive. You don't need to answer for it."

"Certainly I can understand the court's outrage there," Elder said before changing his mind. "I guess I really don't."

In his Facebook post, Stevens said he would continue to speak out.

"It is incumbent on me to confront and dispose of language based on racism and stereotypes," he wrote. "We should all do our part to eradicate such nonsense. And let me be clear, silence does nothing to contribute. It simply sends a message that such views are acceptable and fear somehow excuses wrong."

srt8-in-largo
05-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Huge example of blaming someone else......not sure if blaming someone else is a one race problem but if things keep going this way we are all in trouble. Beware this may cause your blood pressure to go up!!!! The link does not work well so I attached part of the article!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/04/10/judge-slams-victims-tots-black-men-fear/25581605/

Judge Slams Victims for Tot’s ’Black Men’ Fear (9.4)
Printable Version of Article
Courier-Journal
Judge slams victims for tot's 'black men' fear
Andrew Wolfson 9:46 a.m. EDT April 15, 2015
Jordan and Tommy Gray's 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint.

Two years later, when one of the offenders was about to be sentenced, Jordan wrote in a victim impact statement that her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men." Both robbers were African-American.

This is the kind of absursdity that makes me boil over... when judges and politicians bend over backwards to show how "racially enlightened" they are when in fact they are doing a huge disservice to ALL parties involved, and they're too full of themselves to realize it.

Steve 0080
05-02-2015, 08:31 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Emekambadiwe/videos/806640386049375/?fref=nf

stroguy
05-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Even though his concept is non-racial, his bigotry of the police by calling them a "gang" weakens his public service announcement. If I am wearing a bag over my head, long sleeves, long pants and gloves and resist arrest by either running, fighting or brandishing a weapon the police are going to abandon phase 1 of police policy which is peaceful and respectful arrest. Phase 2 entails aggressive procedures to secure my arrest to prevent injury to the officer. Doesn't matter what my skin color is, that officer has a family to go home to.