PDA

View Full Version : Three Months Into The F6B

bob109
07-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Took delivery of my bike on the 19th of April. Between riding and equipping my bike with aftermarket and "home brewed" accessories it's been a busy and most pleasurable three months. Finally reached the point where my bike is almost at the "peak of perfection" regarding comfort/functional modifications. Completing the mods, IMHO, is as much fun as riding. Thanks to the array/selection of some first class components, the bikes comfort is top notch. The list of what has been acquired is long but worth mentioning. Starting with the Center Stand which is the most oft used and appreciated addition to my Basic Model. Having the bike in a vertical and level position makes modifications/maintenance a breeze. Adding the OEM Tall Windshield, OEM Back Rest, Grip Puppies, 12 Volt Receptacle , Aluminum Go Cruise, Egro II Highway Pegs, Home Brewed Side Stand Pad, Luggage Rack, Passenger Peg Hole Covers, Spare OEM wheel with CT and reusing my "strap on" Cruiser Bag, the bike has taken on a appealing appearance. I have received numerous compliments on the 6. The bike is a rare item where I live, as I have yet to see another F6B at local bike gatherings and 4k miles of riding.

How do you describe a bike like ours? Where do you start? Comfort! Agility! Power! Appearance! Quality OEM Accessories! Fuel Mileage etc. etc. Aside from the "sore issue" of "soft paint" Honda has again produced a remarkable machine which sets a standard hard to match. I would think only those who have previously owned GL1800 Goldwings can make a true comparison. What other bike even comes close?

Time to start racking up the miles and simply enjoy what Honda has offered:icon_biggrin:

Ride Safe

Bob

RoughRider
07-20-2013, 06:49 AM
I certainly agree, what an amazing machine. I wonder what other bag I could use as a backrest. Perhaps Wingstuff could suggest?

Paul B Blues
07-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Bob that is some list :icon_lol: Is there any room left for you?

Paul B........:icon_cool:

MichaelG
07-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Bob, I agree with that excellent post, and have gone through the same experiences during the past 3 months, with the only exception being (and you knew this was coming :icon_lol:)...that mine now has 12,000 miles on it.

You best stop tinkering, and go outside and ride that puppy.:icon_wink:

MichaelG
07-20-2013, 08:01 AM
I certainly agree, what an amazing machine. I wonder what other bag I could use as a backrest. Perhaps Wingstuff could suggest?

RoughRider, there is a post somewhere on this forum regarding passenger area BAGS that some of us have used on the new bikes. The one I bought, and LOVE, and it works great as a backrest for me, is the Kuryakyn Gran Tour, from WingStuff.

http://wingstuff.com/products/20913-grantraveler-bag?from_search=1

bob109
07-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Bob, I agree with that excellent post, and have gone through the same experiences during the past 3 months, with the only exception being (and you knew this was coming :icon_lol:)...that mine now has 12,000 miles on it.

You best stop tinkering, and go outside and ride that puppy.:icon_wink:

Miles:

At the rate you accumulate miles I'm looking to you to provide some accurate/informative feedback on tires mileage. With 12k on your OEM Stones I'm curious as to their longevity. Some good "cradle to grave" tire info will benefit everyone:clap2:

Bob

bob109
07-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Bob that is some list :icon_lol: Is there any room left for you?

Paul B........:icon_cool:

Paul:

With my 6' 2" frame and 32" inseam, my 6 now "fits like a glove":icon_lol:

Bob

GiddyupF6B
07-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I have had my F6 now for exactly a month today. Unfortunately do to 2 weeks of Thunderstorms, my work schedule, and now an unexpected surgery last week my poor bike has 600 miles on it right now. That would be at least 1500 had I been able to ride when I wanted (needed) too. I have spent more time modding this bike than riding it unfortunately. I can't ride for another 5 weeks now due to recovery time from surgery. I'm really bummed about it but nothing I can do. It's torture to have that fantastic machine sitting in my garage just getting dusty. I have a few more things coming for it over the next couple of weeks to allow me to at least tinker with it some since I can't ride it. I am dying to get back in the saddle! :icon_frown:

Elin in So. Cal.
02-24-2014, 02:58 PM
...Passenger Peg Hole Covers

Bob

Bob, just read your list of mods (wow!). Can you share where you got the hole covers? I looked online and didn't find any specifically for the GL1800 and wondered if you used the Harley or other ones?

bob109
02-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Bob, just read your list of mods (wow!). Can you share where you got the hole covers? I looked online and didn't find any specifically for the GL1800 and wondered if you used the Harley or other ones?

Elin:

Like several other options on my bike, the Passenger Peg Hole Covers are "Home Brewed"! I'm attaching my original post/thread on the subject. With your demonstrated painting skills I'm positive you could easily concoct your own covers out of some black vinyl cutting board.

Here's the post/thread!

Bob

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?525-Passenger-Foot-Peg-Removal

MichaelG
02-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Or...Elin....you could do like I did, which was to go to Home Depot, buy 4 of the Black push-in type hole plugs, and simply plug up those holes where the passenger footpegs "were" mounted, by installing a Black push-in hole plug into each one, and it looks great. Total cost...about $ 1.00.

Mine are done, and "if" I ride down that way to get over to Florida, which means I will be riding past your place in about 11 days, you can see what mine look like, and if that is the route you want to go.

Hey...it is only a buck...$ 1.00.

Do you need me to go outside to the bike garage and take a picture of this ?

Elin in So. Cal.
02-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Or...Elin....4 of the Black push-in type hole plugs, and simply plug up those holes ... Total cost...about $ 1.00.

Mine are done, and "if" I ride down that way to get over to Florida, which means I will be riding past your place in about 11 days, you can see what mine look like, and if that is the route you want to go.

Hey...it is only a buck...$ 1.00.

Do you need me to go outside to the bike garage and take a picture of this ?

Of course, Miles! But only if it is nice weather... :icon_cool:

Hope you do "have" to come south, although with this dry season in the middle of what we used to call our wet season, you might just have those passes open to get east bound. My loss...
What route East did you plan to take if the weather cooperates?

I took the Red Queen out for a leetle spin (54 miles) yesterday. Wow. Was like getting on her again for the first time. I bet you guys snowed in have that rush every YEAR. Never thought about that, really. Like getting a new ride every year, and yet an old friend, too.

How many of you go out to the garage and swing a leg over "just because"? I bet more of you do that than will admit to it!!!
(I do.)

DanoHio
02-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Elin,

I just came in from sitting on my 6 in the garage. Seems normal to me. My wife just looks and me and laughs. Obviously she doesn't understand.

A
Of course, Miles! But only if it is nice weather... :icon_cool:

Hope you do "have" to come south, although with this dry season in the middle of what we used to call our wet season, you might just have those passes open to get east bound. My loss...
What route East did you plan to take if the weather cooperates?

I took the Red Queen out for a leetle spin (54 miles) yesterday. Wow. Was like getting on her again for the first time. I bet you guys snowed in have that rush every YEAR. Never thought about that, really. Like getting a new ride every year, and yet an old friend, too.

How many of you go out to the garage and swing a leg over "just because"? I bet more of you do that than will admit to it!!!
(I do.)