PDA

View Full Version : Pulled windshield trigger

RickJ
04-28-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm almost 5'10" in the AM and 5'9" by mid afternoon:icon_wink: I just ordered the Cee Bailey 13" with vent. Interesting, but when I measured the way they wanted, I came up with 15", but if it is anywhere in my sight line it'd be annoying, so I'd rather slouch a little if necessary!. When I called, the order guy didn't ride- I could tell, so I asked to speak to someone who did- he had the production guy call me back. I was glad he didn't take offence. Good customer care all around...now I'm just hoping (actually closer to praying) the height is right...The rider who called back was pretty adament that the 13 would be OK. If they call the 11" good for most, the 13 has got to be plenty high for a shorty like me.I really only want to do this once- till the shield needs replacement.

OH I'm telling all th8is because posts like this (and follow-up) really helped me decide...thanks guys. I'll follow up as soon as I get, mount and try it.

Steve 0080
04-28-2015, 06:57 PM
The shield should come all wrappped up!!! pulll the front cowling and pull the shield, replace with the new one.... leave everything else off and go for a ride...I good ride and MAKE SURE you like it before unwrapping !!! Once unwarapped, it's yours !!!!!

RickJ
04-28-2015, 08:38 PM
they'll take it back if it stays wrapped?

six2go
04-28-2015, 09:14 PM
they'll take it back if it stays wrapped?

"Clearview" does, not sure about CB.

db24
04-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I had this windshield (minus the vent) for a year. I am also 5'10"... I thought the height was right for me, but I do wear a full face helmet. My only complaint was durability-- you have to be careful what you use to clean it with; it will scratch fairly easily. It will come with a starter pack of good products.

I'm almost 5'10" in the AM and 5'9" by mid afternoon:icon_wink: I just ordered the Cee Bailey 13" with vent. Interesting, but when I measured the way they wanted, I came up with 15", but if it is anywhere in my sight line it'd be annoying, so I'd rather slouch a little if necessary!. When I called, the order guy didn't ride- I could tell, so I asked to speak to someone who did- he had the production guy call me back. I was glad he didn't take offence. Good customer care all around...now I'm just hoping (actually closer to praying) the height is right...The rider who called back was pretty adament that the 13 would be OK. If they call the 11" good for most, the 13 has got to be plenty high for a shorty like me.I really only want to do this once- till the shield needs replacement.

OH I'm telling all th8is because posts like this (and follow-up) really helped me decide...thanks guys. I'll follow up as soon as I get, mount and try it.

Doug44
04-29-2015, 09:27 AM
I have this shield with a vent and am 5'7" and look well over if I had it too do over I might order the 15" it will be fine for hot weather but for cooler l get a lot of air depending on the wind. Most of the time I can hear the radio super @12_14 level @70_75 mph.

RickJ
04-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Well, I called this morning and ordered the 15"...reading the posts above I am SO glad I did. I woke up at 4AM panicked because MY measuring showed 15" to be right...their sales and chart would have had me in the 13". They were very gracious about the change (and the +$10 for size) ALSO on the website they say they'll recut if it's too big- I ship one way the rest is free- that clinched the 15"...had I gone 13" and it were short it'd be like I used to say when I was a carpenter...I cut it twice and it's STILL too short

SmallPasture
04-29-2015, 01:13 PM
...I cut it twice and it's STILL too short

We are cut from the same cloth my friend!!! :icon_doh:

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 12:09 AM
Now all we need is a pic after the installation :icon_biggrin:

RickJ
04-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Now all we need is a pic after the installation :icon_biggrin:

Fair enough...will do.

Doug44
04-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Well, I called this morning and ordered the 15"...reading the posts above I am SO glad I did. I woke up at 4AM panicked because MY measuring showed 15" to be right...their sales and chart would have had me in the 13". They were very gracious about the change (and the +$10 for size) ALSO on the website they say they'll recut if it's too big- I ship one way the rest is free- that clinched the 15"...had I gone 13" and it were short it'd be like I used to say when I was a carpenter...I cut it twice and it's STILL too short

Rick, I think you made the right decision moving up to 15". I am like I said 5"7" but I do sit tall from the waist up. I l(.)(.)k way over my 13" and it's good for summer but like when I take off in March from IL to ride to FL to Bikeweek it isn't ideal. I am interested in hearing your results I think I will order a 15" as well depending on your report.