PDA

View Full Version : Rivco is making me not happy

seadog
04-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Now Marla at Rivco is sending me a return label for the Swing out peg section of the Aero highway pegs and she isn't sending the new ones until she gets the old ones back. I had a run planned and was looking forward to trying them out and now I won't have any because they will be on there way back to Rivco, they are speeding to the top of the list of companies that can just kiss my a**.

shooter
04-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Right or wrong there isn't many companies that will front you parts. They don't know you from Adam. But I hear ya. It sucks. I've had it happen too many times. I can ordered a custom wheel for the B and it came in scratched. Had to send it back. Took three more weeks.

zeus661
04-29-2015, 06:08 PM
why not purchase a second pair, get them sent to you and return the first pair. I am sure there was a time when they fronted parts but got burned. I know you are an honest person but unfortunately an unhonest person probably ruined it for you.

Ericb445
04-29-2015, 06:14 PM
What was wrong with the first set you received?

Limoles
04-29-2015, 06:19 PM
why not purchase a second pair, get them sent to you and return the first pair. I am sure there was a time when they fronted parts but got burned. I know you are an honest person but unfortunately an unhonest person probably ruined it for you.

IT'S CLEVER and I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckyluciano
04-29-2015, 06:36 PM
I do this all the time...

seadog
04-29-2015, 07:15 PM
What was wrong with the first set you received?

Right on the front of the piece that bolts on the backer, its rounded there and there were gouges in the metal before they chromed them. Right in front where you can see them clearly. I wasn't going to put up with them for the money they want for the Aero Highway pegs.....

seadog
04-29-2015, 07:17 PM
IT'S CLEVER and I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At $399.00 I don't think I would be willing to chum up a second pile of cash, I thought the first time it was a bit over the top. Plus I already had both backers bolted on the 6 on adhesive strips and they were perfect so if all I had to do was remove the outer swing out pegs that was easier.....
:icon_doh:

CarolinaRider
04-29-2015, 08:05 PM
I had a similar issue with a part I ordered from Revzilla. They started with asking me to send them back the damaged part and then they would send the new part. I Kindly asked via email and told them if I didnt get the damaged item back to them I OK'd them to charge my card for the new part. They were good with that and so was I.

valkmc
04-29-2015, 08:16 PM
I had a damaged (bent) receiver with my add on trailer hitch. I contacted them by email including a picture of the bent part and they sent me a new one, Great customer service!!!!!

1951vbs
04-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Now Marla at Rivco is sending me a return label for the Swing out peg section of the Aero highway pegs and she isn't sending the new ones until she gets the old ones back. I had a run planned and was looking forward to trying them out and now I won't have any because they will be on there way back to Rivco, they are speeding to the top of the list of companies that can just kiss my a**.

Sounds like standard industry practice. Buck up and don't be a wanker!

This is a wasted thread.

bdmcrider
04-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Seadog,

Sucks that you are having this issue with Rivco.............but once you get the undamaged part I'll bet you love these pegs.
I installed a set of the black pegs a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with functionality, and I think they look better than any set of highway pegs I've ever seen. IMHO.

Steve 0080
04-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Rivco is an outstanding company and the owner Rich is a great guy...unfortunately sounds like a piece got thru their inspection process...I can promise you Rich will make it right... If you need them for the ride bolt them on and go...when your return send them back! Even the best companies have issues at times... Rich will take care of you !!! steve

Sounds like they are doing it right... ( return Label ) no cost to you...

srt8-in-largo
04-29-2015, 10:44 PM

This is a wasted thread.

A little harsh eh. For $400 I'd expect the product to be perfect the first time too.

Rivco is an outstanding company and the owner Rich is a great guy...unfortunately sounds like a piece got thru their inspection process...I can promise you Rich will make it right... If you need them for the ride bolt them on and go...when your return send them back! Even the best companies have issues at times... Rich will take care of you !!! steve

Sounds like they are doing it right... ( return Label ) no cost to you...

This isn't a one time issue Steve; from the replies Watso got in the other thread, there are a bunch of these "less than optimum" parts being delivered. Rivco has a problem of one sort or the other. Rich may be a good guy, but we're not doing him any favors by not highlighting the issue. We've got to let him know, thereby allowing him to recognize it, and then fix it.

srt8-in-largo
04-29-2015, 10:48 PM
Seadog,

Sucks that you are having this issue with Rivco.............but once you get the undamaged part I'll bet you love these pegs.
I installed a set of the black pegs a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with functionality, and I think they look better than any set of highway pegs I've ever seen. IMHO.

I admire the positive mindset! Well said.

seadog
04-30-2015, 04:57 AM
I had a similar issue with a part I ordered from Revzilla. They started with asking me to send them back the damaged part and then they would send the new part. I Kindly asked via email and told them if I didnt get the damaged item back to them I OK'd them to charge my card for the new part. They were good with that and so was I.

But I am only sending back 1/2 of the order and the big pieces(the backer plates) are still on the 6 so maybe they wouldn't have a clue what to charge me.

seadog
04-30-2015, 05:05 AM

This is a wasted thread.

This is not a wasted thread, the members of the forum that have had trouble with Rivco's part will know others are upset about the quality and that will always get back to the company and then the company can find the problem and fix whats wrong. If we don't communicate, things don't get resolved. I let them know in my email that they have a problem with their manufacturing process on the highway pegs and they need to find it and fix it. This is substantial money for a set of highway pegs and you want nice when you get them, if your disappointed with them that hurts the company and if you say nothing, nothing gets done.

flat6bagger
04-30-2015, 05:39 AM
I do not feel it is a wasted thread at all.I in fact was going to get a set of pegs from them,but due to this thread am going to hold off until I see a positive outcome for seadog.
seadog,please reply to this thread after there is an outcome to this situation,(whether good or bad),so others and myself can see how customer service handled this.

Hornblower
04-30-2015, 08:15 AM
My take on this subject is simply this...ALL companies make mistakes from time-to-time. What sets companies apart is how they correct those mistakes. Once a company treats me wrong, I make it a point to never deal with them again regardless of how much I may want their products. There are several companies today that have things I really want but I will not deal with them.

Speaking of that, I feel I need to give a "plug" to a company I've been dealing with that recently showed exceptional service. This is not motorcycle related but it's a example of a company doing the right thing. Months ago, I bought a DropCam security camera. This is a really fine product that works simply and flawlessly. Anyway, after about 6 months of operation, the USB power supply went bad. I contacted the company and they sent a new one out to me at no charge, not even asking me to return the bad one. All they asked for was the serial number of my camera. During this process, I received several e-mails notifying me of all the steps being taken to resolve my problem. A company doing business like this is increasingly rare, I'm sorry to say.

Phantom
05-02-2015, 10:47 PM
:bs: :bsII:

I have known Rich at Rivco for years, he ALWAYS takes care of his customers.

MANY MANY MANY times several of us have run into Rivco's tractor trailer at events and Rich without questions has replaced aging parts on bikes that have been on the bikes for sometime. His company has been growing and once in a while, something might fall through the cracks with out Rivco knowing until a customer calls back.

You get more positive results by always working with a vendor directly and allowing them to make things right. Coming on to this board to complain before a solution has been attempted is down right wrong. Patience ! ALWAYS give the vendors a chance to correct their mistake before you throw them under the bus.

There are always TWO sides to every story and time will eventually correct matters.

Rivco is indeed an outstanding company.

RickW
05-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I did talk to Rich the owner of Rivco last week about a couple of parts going out that had some slight issues. He stated that all items are inspected when they come back from Chroming, but obviously once in a while something gets by. We were actually with them for 5 days at a Spyder Rally in Springfield MO.
We have had very good luck with their products and have actually known them for 20 years or so. We have never once had one customer from them that was not taken care of if there was an issue.
Every manufacturer handles warranty items differently, with Rivco they mostly take care of it themselves.

A long time ago we did send items out for warranty replacement and then hope the customer sends back the old part, that changed after we were stuck for hundreds of dollars on multiple items. A lot of payments are PayPal, so you can't get your money back and even with a credit card people will do a charge back and state they have no idea what happened to the part.