PDA

View Full Version : Good deal?

RoughRider
07-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Thinking about buying an F6 demo this coming Monday that a dealer has for sale. Standard F6, but he added Cobra pipes, changed out the pegs, installed a Throttlemiester cruise, center stand, and a plugin for a GPS. Talked him down to 17k and the bike has 787 miles. Should I jump?

Steve 0080
07-20-2013, 02:29 PM
ALL Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! add up the parts and add to stock price.....I would trade 800 miles for those options !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom
07-20-2013, 02:36 PM
ALL Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! add up the parts and add to stock price.....I would trade 800 miles for those options !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2 :headbang: that is a steal ..... go for it :icon_cool:

RoughRider
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks fella's. Just gave me the push I needed. Oh, about the paint. When I took the bike for a test ride last week, I noticed love bugs splattered on the nose around the headlights and of course on the windshield. In fact, they appeared to have been there for some time because they looked dried out. When I went back today, they were still there, had not be wiped down. I told the sales guy about some of the problems some of the guys were having with the paint, asked him to wipe the bike clean, which he did, and it cleaned up with no marks that I could see. However the side panels where you straddle the bike had some light scuff marks..hmmmmm,,well anyhows, Im bringing him a check Monday morning. Thanks again for the thumbs up. :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
07-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Dang, that's a great deal WITHOUT any add ons. Way to go!

First request, will you please post up a video of the pipes with sounds and everything? We would all appreciate it. A bunch of us are really excited about those pipes but haven't put down the money yet.

RoughRider
07-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I sure will. I'm taking the pipes off and having them ceramic coated, black of course. When I rode a week or two, I love the sound while cruising thru town at 2000 RPM's. Sounds like a jet taxing up to the tarmac. That certain pitch whistling turns into a Porche as you rev up from there, very cool.

Steve 0080
07-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Love Bugs......where are you from........before buying the bike...take it outside and point it into the sun...Love bugs WILL impregnate the paint and the bike will need to have some work done on the paint...don't ask me how I know....... :icon_frown:

RoughRider
07-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Steve, Im from the love bug capitol of the world, Louisiana. BTW, bought the bike today, still at the dealer doing a couple of ad ons. Hope to have it back next week. :icon_razz:

Steve 0080
07-22-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry.....I thought Florida was the Love Bug Capital of the world seeing how we invented them........just sayin.... Congats on the bike...great deal...!!!!

RoughRider
07-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks Steve. I take that back about Louisiana being the love bug capitol. Florida is number one...

RoughRider
07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
The stock pipes came off the bike. I wonder if they are worth anything?

Texas TC
07-22-2013, 09:08 PM
The stock pipes came off the bike. I wonder if they are worth anything?
The stock pipes are worthless. However, the stock tips are worth about $200.00 to GL1800 Gold Wing owners. They are lusting over them to replace the too short, ugly tips that comes stock on the 2012 & 2013 models. Have fun with your new bike!