PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light

Thunderbird03
04-30-2015, 11:21 AM
I just bought a used f6b with 2500 miles and added floor board with heal toe shifter. I rode the bike about 100 miles and the check engine light came on. I took to dealer and they said
that An accessory was causing the problem. I said that the foot boards were the only thing
added to the bike. They said that was causing the check engine light to come on. Does this
sound possible?

ths61
04-30-2015, 11:26 AM
I just bought a used f6b with 2500 miles and added floor board with heal toe shifter. I rode the bike about 100 miles and the check engine light came on. I took to dealer and they said
that An accessory was causing the problem. I said that the foot boards were the only thing
added to the bike. They said that was causing the check engine light to come on. Does this
sound possible?

FWIW, folks here have posted that the heel-toe shifters void the warranty and cause transmission problems.

edgeman55
04-30-2015, 11:42 AM
I don't see how Floorboards with a heel toe shifter could cause a engine light to come on.That being said I would not run those as some have had problems with the tranny's and feel it was brought on by the heel toe shifter.Can't say that this is true but why take the chance-Kury mini boards work well with the stock shifter and give your feet a little more room and adjustability to work with.Hope yopu figure out the engine light situation-IMHO you need a new dealer.

SmallPasture
04-30-2015, 11:50 AM
-IMHO you need a new dealer.

Yup...or at least get a second opinion.

Thunderbird03
04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
When I pick her up I hope a can get the codes to see what the problem is.

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Your dealer said footboards caused an engine light? You should have pressed for an explanation; I'd love to hear how that happens.

Please update us when you get the codes. Fwiw, the service manual has a fault code translator; you don't absolutely need the dealer to read codes.

If you're up for some reading, I've shared some of my experiences and opinions here: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5644-This-Bike-Needs-a-SKILLED-Operator&highlight=skilled

Thunderbird03
04-30-2015, 03:13 PM
The dealer said that it had a electrical code and they thought that the kick stand was not
Going up all the way because of the foot boards and when I hit a bump it would send the
Code. Going back to the pegs to see if that fixes it.

bigbird
04-30-2015, 04:33 PM
The dealer said that it had a electrical code and they thought that the kick stand was not
Going up all the way because of the foot boards and when I hit a bump it would send the
Code. Going back to the pegs to see if that fixes it.

I had a similar issue yesterday, where a very bumpy highway caused my Kury sidestand to bounce up and down, causing the engine to cut out.
No check engine light or any other warning light was displayed on my dash.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5736-Very-strange-problem-can-you-diagnose