PDA

View Full Version : When will we learn free is not always free from dealer

shortleg0521
04-30-2015, 05:13 PM
You would think that when your dealer gives you the first servise free it would be a good thing.
Well it cost me 2 hrs of my time to clean the oil off the right side of my bike.
Seems the so called tech forgot to screw the dip stick in after adding the oil.
After my 100 mile ride home thenoil was every place.
Thank God for brake clean, now the dealer said he wouldmgive me another
oil change free. It tookm
me about an hour to stop laughing at him. He did put together 4qts of oil a filter
the crush washers in a box and had them Fed Exed to my house. Guess he thinks
,that will make me trust them with my bike.
Shortleg

cosborn
04-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Don't laugh, I did the same thing to a small aircraft back in the 60s. Plane came in from Sydney to our small regional airport, i refuelled and checked the oil, the aircraft took off and returned within a couple of minutes with oil everywhere including the windscreen, needless to say the pilot was not impressed, he didn't say much, must have been in shock, apparently he had not conducted a backup check. Was his lucky day.

Chris

:yikes:

Limoles
04-30-2015, 06:20 PM
You would think that when your dealer gives you the first servise free it would be a good thing.
Well it cost me 2 hrs of my time to clean the oil off the right side of my bike.
Seems the so called tech forgot to screw the dip stick in after adding the oil.
After my 100 mile ride home thenoil was every place.
Thank God for brake clean, now the dealer said he wouldmgive me another
oil change free. It tookm
me about an hour to stop laughing at him. He did put together 4qts of oil a filter
the crush washers in a box and had them Fed Exed to my house. Guess he thinks
,that will make me trust them with my bike.
Shortleg

Some people are performing better , if prior the job their effort is rewarded with "tips" . I always reach to my pocket for few bucks , showing some appreciation and it also gives me piece of mind :

T - to
I - insure
P - proper
S - service

... and it works .

shooter
04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Limo you crack me up. You must be a liberal democrat. Thats how they think. Throw money at it and it will get better. The money has nothing to do with it. Pride is the answer. Very few have it. Very few want it. The reason? You have to do good work if you have it and keep working in order to keep it. That's just too much work for some people.

RickJ
04-30-2015, 09:55 PM
I thought it was a
Thankyou
Incidental to
Premium
Service

In other words, I don't tip so they'll do their job...when, and if, I tip it's for a show of appreciation for something a little above and beyond. Maybe they took the time to share some tech info with me, or threw in a check on something, or let me know to keep an eye on something...I DO hope that showing my appreciation will foster a good working relationship- but I don't tip in the hope it'll make someone better than they are or make them do their damn job- for which they are already paid!

srt8-in-largo
04-30-2015, 10:07 PM
It took me about an hour to stop laughing at him.

Did your laughter commence while he was still speaking? :icon_biggrin: