PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon....

Honda Raider
07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
New to the forum. It's been great learning about your experiences with the F6B. I ordered mine this past week and will be traveling to Arkansas to ride it home in August. It will start out as an HR Signature/Standard in a custom color. They're whipping up "1964 Ford Guardsman Blue" in a metallic format for me. Shelby Cobras made that color popular back in the day. Can't wait to get it and post some pics for y'all. I've already put together a few bookmarks to help me remember what I might want to add to it in the future. This will be my last bike, and I'm hoping to get 20 years out of it. 😀

Trike lady
07-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting an F6B.
The blue sounds really nice.
:clap2:
Old Goldwings from the beginning are still being ridden. Take care of it and it will last 300,000 miles or more.

Steve 0080
07-20-2013, 04:51 PM
+1..................

srkeet
07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Welcome and bienvenidos and all that! Tell us more about your purchasing experience, where you're from, and what you used to ride.

srkeet

Honda Raider
07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Trike Lady, Steve 0080, and srkeet, for your kind welcome.

I've been working over the phone with Jared at Honda of Russellville. I read about the paint issue and decided to circumvent it altogether. Since this is going to be my final bike, I felt it was worth it. HOR has been courteous and generous.

I'm from Friendswood, TX, about half way between Houston and Galveston. It's flat around here, so we take many out-of-town rides. As teachers, my wife and I have a good space of time to ride in the summer. She rides her own. 😊

I rode a Stratoliner, and then a Raider for the last few years. But now, the F6B will be alone on my side of the garage. I will miss the Raider; it's gorgeous, and a sweet, powerful ride. However, the honda makes me forget about other bikes, If you know what I mean.

In the past, I never hesitated to bling out my bikes pretty quickly. This time around, I'm going to take it slow and be picky... So many choices already.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be checking in daily, and I hope sometimes I'll be able to contribute something that will be helpful.

Oh, BTW, the "raider" in "honda raider" has to do with this particular NFL team I got hooked on a long time ago, so please don't hold it against me. 😏

srkeet
07-21-2013, 11:25 PM
:icon_mrgreen:
Just win, baby!

Honda Raider
07-22-2013, 08:22 AM
All day long 😄