PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here.

BLACK DIAMOND
05-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself here on the forum. Been lurking here for a little bit cause I've been soo interested in buying one of these beautiful machines. I come from many years of riding sport bikes and now with some lower back problems, I think the times has come to chill, cruise and find comfort for my back.
I have always loved the goldwing, but was Not ready to cross over to a fully dressed wing just yet. Lol
When Honda came out with this version of the Goldwing, it was just perfect for me. It's like right in the middle of what I'm looking for.
So, I started looking for a F6B the past three months. I wanted to buy used cause I wasn't sure if I would end up liking it of not and didn't want to spend $20k then be unhappy with it.
So, last week I found what I call to be a pretty good deal here in Cali. Most of the F6Bs used had very little miles in them, but they were way overly priced in my opinion. Couldn't find anything used under $15k that was a Deluxe and in black. Lots of red ones, but no black.
So last week, I did finally find a black used deluxe with only 2,400 miles on it and they were asking $13,499 at a Ducadi dealer. I went to go check out the condition on it and it was in Exalent and clean shape. Not a scratch on any of the plastic.
Just a little scuff on one of the rear crash bars like a inch wide. I just used a little touch up black paint and looks as good as new.
So I bought this bad boy and let me tell you something all of you already know, OMG, what a awesome machine this F6B is. Unbelievable smooth power and soo well balanced. It was love at first ride. Why I waited this long to buy one is beyond me.
I'm very, very happy with this bike. I did notice that the seat is not my best friend. I'm looking into getting a Ultimate midrider seat with a backrest and some Rivco highway pegs. That should make for a great comfort ride for me.
I thank all of you guys that put out you thoughts and experience here on the forum. It really helps out guys like me that are just getting into this. It helps make better decision and choices on what works good and what doesn't. Now it's time to ride and let the littl mod bug begin. Thanks again and ride safe all.
👍😎

Limoles
05-02-2015, 04:00 PM
... and now you'll rock and roll . Wishing you many , happy miles . Keep us informed and do not stop adding essential improvements .

Ixol Phaane
05-02-2015, 04:05 PM
.welcome20. from AZ.
Enjoy the ride. :icon_biggrin:

Fla_rider
05-02-2015, 06:43 PM
First things first, welcome to one of the best forums. Now let's get down to business.

1. Post a pic of your black diamond with you next to her.
2. Clear your credit cards...time to farkle!
3. Seat, windscreen, go cruise, and the list continues...

Safe riding....

53driver
05-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Welcome from Philly!
Enjoy your newfound best friend and "heavy cruiser."

srt8-in-largo
05-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Welcome aboard Diamond! The good news is that that initial enjoyment never fades :icon_biggrin:

vmaxed
05-03-2015, 06:15 AM
'welcome gang' Good luck with your new ride.

Ed "coffee"

FlaMike
05-03-2015, 06:36 AM
Congrats and Welcome. F6 is most definitely an awesome machine !!
Now hang onto your "ccsmiley"

Johncmendenhall
05-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Welcome aboard
I'm just up the road from you in Seattle.
Heading for Carpenteria in the fall.
Well played to you sir.

Ridlikhel
05-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the world of pleasure.

Ride safe.

strickf6b
05-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Welcome from TN,

MAYHEM01
05-03-2015, 11:38 AM
'welcome gang'

Hornblower
05-03-2015, 11:48 AM
.welcome20. from NC :039:

BLACK DIAMOND
05-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Thank you guys for all the warm welcomes.
I just ordered the GoCruise and cramp buster.
Ultimate seat with back rest is coming up next and the Rivco pegs. Can't wait to go in a long ride. Need to figure out how to post a pic of my Balck Diamond. Lol

VP8
05-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the family!!! Now let's go and ride!!

'gw-smiley'