PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebags capacity F6B

Nibelunge
05-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Good morning,

regards from Spain, I am ex GL1800, actually Triumph Trophy. But witnessing F6B and can not remove it from my brain:icon_biggrin:

I can live without the gadgets lacking on the FB, in fact I prefer it like this. Now wondering about saddlebags which can be a serious hándicap for me.

Unfortunately here itīs complicate to find out o bike in dealerīs showroom to test. Sales of this here very expensive bikes, are smaller than small.

To buy a GW in Spain is merely a faith act, unless you join meetings.

Anybody can tell me if the saddlebags still keep the GL1800 capacity?. Do they load a modular helmet (two?) when stopping. In my case BMW System 6.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

By the way, is handling truly better tan the big brother?

Best regards
Alex

Kurare79
05-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Do they load a modular helmet (two?) when stopping. In my case BMW System 6.

Hi Alex from wonderful Spain,

i have a Schuberth C3 Pro in size M, which can be placed in the saddle bag. One on each side, for me and my wife.

Jimmytee
05-03-2015, 06:12 AM
The saddlebags are the same size as the fully dressed Gold Wing. Obviously no trunk. Some of those gadgets are available to you guys in Europe I thought. Like ABS,Cruise and reverse for 2015. Here in the States, the 2015s only get cruise control.

Ridlikhel
05-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Most extra large helmets will not fit in the bags. Not sure what I will do, but for now I have to carry it in to where ever I go.

Kurare79
05-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Most extra large helmets will not fit in the bags. Not sure what I will do, but for now I have to carry it in to where ever I go.

This works for nearly every helmet: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/schuberth-helmetlok

Maybe it's a solution for you.

Nibelunge
05-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Hi guys,

thanks a lot for all inputs.

Now I am not really sure about real capacity of the bags:

- they load size C3 size M. Mine is 59-61 BMW; no idea.

@ Jimmytee: thanks. I still didnīt went to dealer, there is only one in this 4 million city which may have a F6
to show, probably a clientīs one while servicing...
Honda spain webpage says ABS is included. Itīs however obligtory feature in Europe from 2016. But doesnīt mention reverse nor any heatings.

ABS is a must for me, the others I can live perfectly without (thinking about removing center stand and use Li-ION battery.... Weight is an issue on the wings, I sold my 2010 after a few thousand kilometers as it didnīt match with my driving way, far too heavy. Roads here are twisty, sundays is cornerīs day:icon_biggrin:But I also use a bike during the week. Can perfectly imagine using daily a bagger wing if it is not that heavy and handling improved.

Six is something you never forget after having driven this engine...

Ridlikhel says extra large helmets (which ones for example?) do not fit. I am confused.

regards
Alex

srt8-in-largo
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Welcome aboard Alex. Yours is a tough position for having to make a decision without the luxury of seeing or riding the bike first.

As Jimmy alluded to, the bags are IDENTICAL to Gen II Goldwings (2012+).

Someone may correct me, but I believe no extra-large full-face helmet of any brand will fit into either sidebag.

Regarding the different riding dynamics between an F6B and a full Goldwing... yes it is different... but is it different enough to satisfy your desires? Hopefully someone who still owns both bikes can comment in more detail.

Nibelunge
05-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Hi,

there is plenty written about advantages of F6B vs full version. To me itīs almost clear how improvements are without testing the bike which will be absolutely impossible.

There is no chance even to see one after calling several dealers. When you mention Goldw... the sentence can not be finished. Automatic response: goldwing we do not have anything. Too expensive (and risky) to keep in showroom itīs probably the reason.

Will see...

Best regards
Alex

Steve 0080
05-08-2015, 07:04 AM
This works for nearly every helmet: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/schuberth-helmetlok

Maybe it's a solution for you.

I used this method along with a gun lock...I drilled a hole in the extension and run a gun lock thru it around the handle bar... no problems!!!

http://wingstuff.com/products/150-handlebar-helmet-holders?context=f6b

53driver
05-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I used this method along with a gun lock...I drilled a hole in the extension and run a gun lock thru it around the handle bar... no problems!!!

http://wingstuff.com/products/150-handlebar-helmet-holders?context=f6b

Gun lock...great idea. Thanks Steve!

flat6bagger
05-08-2015, 07:38 AM

I went to Walmart and bought the heavy duty cable lock in the bicycle section.(made by BELL)
It is 6' long,coated and heavy enough someone would need a good cable cutter to steal them.
This of course only works for a full face helmet.
I put the cable through the chin bars of our helmets and around the passenger grab bar.
Then I just set the helmets on the seat.
If you have a 1/2 helmet or open face use the padded cable with the loops that came with your motorcycle.