PDA

View Full Version : Henry IL 1/2 Mile Flat Track Today May 3rd

Doug44
05-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Anyone in the Greater Peoria IL and Chicago area interested in Flat Track Steve Nace Racing has a heckuva 1/2 Mile today @ Henry, IL. Purse payout of over $10,000 and Looks like the weather is going to be great. Don't miss it. Parker, Carr, Mees, Mees, Carver,Durell, & Aldana, Just to name a few......... some of the best in the world including Grand National Champ Mees & his racing wife Nicole Mees.

Hope to see some Flat 6's today @ Henry, IL

flat6bagger
05-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Are you sure that Chris Carr and Scott Parker are scheduled to race there?
I didn't think either one of them race motorcycles professionally anymore.
If Chris Carr was to come to this area to race,I believe it would be a comeback in Peoria for the TTs.

Doug44
05-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Are you sure that Chris Carr and Scott Parker are scheduled to race there?
I didn't think either one of them race motorcycles professionally anymore.
If Chris Carr was to come to this area to race,I believe it would be a comeback in Peoria for the TTs.

That was a direct quote from the promoter on Flatrack.com that is all I can say

"Looks like the weather is going to be great. Don't miss it. Parker, Carr, Mees, Mees, Carver,Durell, & Aldana, Just to name a few........."

Link to quote http://www.flattrack.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=3&id=183987&Itemid=0

flat6bagger
05-03-2015, 08:57 AM
I wasn't doubting you personally Doug.
I was just surprised that they would be racing there.
This is great news.
What time does it start?
Do you know how much admission is?
I don't even know what the track is called to look it up.
thanks,
Doug

Doug44
05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
I wasn't doubting you personally Doug.
I was just surprised that they would be racing there.
This is great news.
What time does it start?
Do you know how much admission is?
I don't even know what the track is called to look it up.
thanks,
Doug

No problem it turns out Parker, Carr and Rick King were there but only signing posters. Still Mess National #1 and his wife were both there along with a bunch of National number fast guys and the first thing I saw in the parking lot was another F6b. I hollered at the guy after he ignored me but he didn't even walk 15 feet to meet me just waved and kept walking. So much for buddies on F6b's ;tp;
He was with a bunch of Milwaukee brand riders so he is probably on probation :clap2:

flat6bagger
05-04-2015, 06:32 AM
That does not surprise me that the guy did not come back to talk to you.
I have found that these days people seem to want to be with the people they know.
Nothing lost, nothing gained with these kind of people.
When I experience this with people I look at it as a good thing.
I find out that persons true colors in a matter of a few seconds.:icon_biggrin:

jakec
05-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks Doug, I read your post yesterday morning and headed for Henry. What a great day, just to see Dave Aldana racing in his Bones leathers was worth the price of admission. By the way I was on my Wing so I wasn't the one that snubbed you.

Doug44
05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks Doug, I read your post yesterday morning and headed for Henry. What a great day, just to see Dave Aldana racing in his Bones leathers was worth the price of admission. By the way I was on my Wing so I wasn't the one that snubbed you.

Good for you that was my hope some of our members here interested in Flatrack would be able to come. Do you know a H.D. Rider who I think lives in Morris named John Franklin. John goes to most of the GNC Nationals across the USA like myself. I talked to John yesterday and he is a buddy with National #27 Pearson.

jakec
05-04-2015, 12:05 PM
I know John very well. Both him and his brother Joel were two of the best dirt trackers from this area. You also don't want to play John golf.