PDA

View Full Version : After a few weeks of ownership

wildrooster
05-05-2015, 07:11 PM
So I have had this bike for only a few weeks now after trading in my 07 FLSTN and I have asked myself why I didn't do this sooner albeit with the additional features on the 2015 compared to previous years hate to say it but I am glad I did wait. It has everything that I previously had to add on to other bikes with the addition of a full cruise control that has as of yesterday made me very happy. The bike corners like a dream and is more comfortable than anything else I have had the pleasure of riding. It is just a tad higher than I have been use to with the exception of my Triumph Rocket that had me on my toes multiple times and nearly killed me a few years back but that's another story. I am honestly surprised by the bike as it took on everything I could throw at it up in the mountains and even so far as urban areas like Atlanta. I almost wanted to find a fault in the bike and I can not. Yeah I had to change a few things and adjusted some others but that's the lay of the land. I think this thing will be racking up plenty of miles during the next few months. Now if we could invent some sort of in ride refueling I would be very happy

okf6b
05-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm right there with you. My '15 is about 6 weeks old and I'm loving it more and more every time I ride it. Added a few options for comfort and safety to make it my own.

Ride safe.

srt8-in-largo
05-05-2015, 08:02 PM
That's really cool to hear.

After experiencing it myself, I'm now under the impression that, as motorcycle enthusiasts, you are not complete until you've ridden a GL1800... either a full Goldwing or especially the F6B.

srt8-in-largo
05-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Rooster, do tell about your experience on the Triumph; what happened???

wildrooster
05-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Well during a rocket only event in the mountains. All be it we all had the same bikes we were always trying to show off. Well up on the blue Ridge Parkway the road turned and I did not and off the side of the mountain I went. Luckily I was able to jump off in time and the bike was cushioned by the soft ground. After everyone helped pulled the bike up I jumped back on to get back to the hotel and went into full shock and nearly lost it again. I siezed up and went numb. My Left side was trashed and I am still living with the problems

srt8-in-largo
05-06-2015, 12:41 AM
:shock:

:shock:

srt8-in-largo
05-06-2015, 12:41 AM
Whoa that's scary stuff.

I thought I read about some sort of wheel lock up issue on the Triumph boards... I was wondering if that's was your issue.

flat6bagger
05-06-2015, 06:20 AM
I feel ya brother.
When I bought my F6B a few weeks ago,I bought it because I ride with a group that rides 300-500 miles a day for "lunch runs."
They do it twice a week.
I was trying to do the runs on a 2012 Yamaha V Star 1300.
My back and rear could not take it.
I knew a Gold Wing was what I wanted,but wasn't ready for an "old man's" bike as I have heard people call them.
The F6B looked cool and had the heart of a Gold Wing,so I bought it.
Little did I know that it also has something that most motorcycles don't have.
It has soul.
I could not be happier.
Besides the fact that my wife loves riding on it and people flock around it like it is from another world almost every time I stop.
On one of those stops is where I got my forum name (flat6bagger).
I asked the dealer when I was buying it what F6B stood for.
They told me they didn't know and Honda corp never gave them an exact answer.
I was talking to a guy at a gas station about my bike and he asked what F6B stood for.
I told him I have no clue and apparently the dealer doesn't either.
It was then a guy walked up,pointed to the F6B and said,"A Flat 6 Bagger."That's cool." "I never saw one in person before."
I am going with that being what F6B stands for.:icon_biggrin:

RoadSurfer
05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
"Flat 6 Bagger" is what the dozens of bike reviewers who have written about the bike have called it for the past three years, so I'd guess it's now safe to say that's what F6B stands for.

flat6bagger
05-06-2015, 07:48 AM
I never even looked at them until I decided to buy one.
Never read about them,so never heard the term before.
I guess my dealership never read that either.
Funny that the writers would come up with that name and Honda apparently has never openly said that is what it stood for.

wildrooster
05-06-2015, 09:25 AM
The biggest issue with the rockets was the recall on the tires. They would wear out from the inside out.

stevenolts
05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
I had a HD Fatboy which I thought that I loved. (I still do but it is totaled)
I now test ride Harley's and other bikes once a week for a few hours. I can't find anything I would rather have than the F6B.

I test rode a F6B and I knew that I had to have one. I have owned the F6B for almost 2 months now and love it more every time I ride it. I have become completely obsessed with it.

2 month = 4,000 miles at this rate I will have 24,000 miles in the first year / it took 5 years to rack up 24,000 miles on the HD Fatboy.

I try to never leave home without my F6B.

Steve

srt8-in-largo
05-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Funny that the writers would come up with that name and Honda apparently has never openly said that is what it stood for.

I don't mean to burst your bubble... but Honda has indeed openly stated that F6B = Flat 6 Bagger.

The Honda executives called it this when they introduced the bike to the press. Still a cool name tho!

jlyon
05-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Also in Japan the Valkyrie is marketed as the F6C... which I take to mean a "flat 6 cruiser"....

I happen to like the F6C and F6B names better !!! m Just my $.02

Airborne06
05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
I don't mean to burst your bubble... but Honda has indeed openly stated that F6B = Flat 6 Bagger.

The Honda executives called it this when they introduced the bike to the press. Still a cool name tho!

That's a fact. Amazing that a Honda dealer didn't know that, but then again, the lack of knowledge at most dealers regarding anything Goldwing related is staggering. Most of them graduated from MSU (Making $hit Up).

flat6bagger
05-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Well that about figures that it was already called that by Honda.
As I said,I never knew because I never looked at one or read about one until I went to buy mine.
Shows how much information the dealers actually know about the products they are selling.