PDA

View Full Version : Bags / Trunks / Travel Gear

sub vet
05-05-2015, 07:23 PM
I've seen a few posts lately about different ideas regarding travel bags & trunks. Thought I'd share this one. It's a Kury bag from Wing stuff.

ths61
05-05-2015, 07:36 PM
I've seen a few posts lately about different ideas regarding travel bags & trunks. Thought I'd share this one. It's a Kury bag from Wing stuff.

I see a polar bear in a blizzard. :icon_biggrin:

Fla_rider
05-05-2015, 07:38 PM
oh, it takes a few minutes for these pics to show up!

sub vet
05-05-2015, 07:42 PM
:icon_redface: Sorry! pics are on my phone & I suck at it !!!

srt8-in-largo
05-05-2015, 07:52 PM
I really like that bag... the Kury Gran Traveller. Its' appeal, to me, is the possibility for multiple uses... like using it as a carryon bag when flying. However... it's just SLIGHTLY too big and will likely get rejected from most international flights and is even too big for the new domestic rules.

Considering that there's really not a lot that distinguishes a "motorcyle" bag like this, I mean there's really not many special features compared to a "regular" bag, I think I'm gonna pick a good carryon bag that I can use for flights... and then make it perform double duty as my bike bag.

hiflyer
05-05-2015, 10:13 PM
I really like that bag... the Kury Gran Traveller. Its' appeal, to me, is the possibility for multiple uses... like using it as a carryon bag when flying. However... it's just SLIGHTLY too big and will likely get rejected from most international flights and is even too big for the new domestic rules.

Considering that there's really not a lot that distinguishes a "motorcyle" bag like this, I mean there's really not many special features compared to a "regular" bag, I think I'm gonna pick a good carryon bag that I can use for flights... and then make it perform double duty as my bike bag.

This bag is expandable, you could use it as a flight bag. In the pics it appears to be fully expanded.

srt8-in-largo
05-06-2015, 12:30 AM
This bag is expandable, you could use it as a flight bag. In the pics it appears to be fully expanded.

Have you used it as carry-on bag on a commercial flight?

New guidelines were issued in 2014 requiring bags to be smaller; I *think* it's a little bit over that limit.

Fla_rider
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Based on the zipper line in the last photo, I'd say from that point up can be compressed, which should make it small enough for flight.

srt8-in-largo
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Just for the record, the Kury Gran Traveller is 22" x 17" x 11" in the uncompressed form.

The de facto carry on limit is 22" x 14" x 9" for domestic flights and 21" x 14" x 9" for international.

I agree you'll *probably* be fine most of the time; I've traveled for years with a slightly oversized bag and, even on jam packed flights, was never ever singled out for a bag measurement but I'd like to be compliant if it ever happens.

I guess I'm asking if I'm missing something...

These motorcycle specific bags may have D-rings for strapping it down and more convenient small storage compartments for motorcycle use, but I don't see anything else that compels me to get a "bike" bag as opposed to a "regular" bag. I have a good complement of Rok Straps that I think could secure a bag even without the extra D-rings.

Hospitaler
05-07-2015, 06:22 AM
A quick question.....Does the antenna clear the bag?

nvmyf6
05-07-2015, 03:08 PM
I looked at that travel bag and did came close to ordering it, But I chose this one instead. Should be shipped next week sometime.
There are so many choices of travel bags available, :8: Hope I got a good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwJAAp2Qow

srt8-in-largo
05-07-2015, 09:08 PM

The bag is 22" long, maybe a little longer with the side compartments stuffed full. Your best bet may be to get a tape measure and make some measurements.

sub vet
05-16-2015, 03:39 AM

No. It's about as wide as the top cover on the rear. I've got it mounted on the seat for sea trials now, to leave the rack open , I'll post some pics later

seadog
05-16-2015, 04:47 AM

Can you get 10 days worth of clothes in the Kury Grand Traveler? I was thinking of a trip out west to see a friend. I would need to pack at least 10 days worth and it looks like between the side pods and that bag would be enough to make it a pretty good trip with enough space to carry your rain gear and everything you need.

stroguy
05-16-2015, 05:06 AM
10 days worth of clothes? Imagine the stories you would here in a place like this in Breakwind Colorado or Smalltown Missouri?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/tumblr_inline_mx7bevfnQk1s8x2z5_zpsyetedexb.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/tumblr_inline_mx7bevfnQk1s8x2z5_zpsyetedexb.jpg.ht ml)

KennyGLVTX
05-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Can you get 10 days worth of clothes in the Kury Grand Traveler? I was thinking of a trip out west to see a friend. I would need to pack at least 10 days worth and it looks like between the side pods and that bag would be enough to make it a pretty good trip with enough space to carry your rain gear and everything you need.

Remember inside out and backwards a pair of underwear is good for 4 days:yikes:

bobbyf6b
05-16-2015, 10:09 AM

I read a good idea somewhere, maybe here. Take your old socks and underwear with you, like the stuff with holes in it. Wear it, throw it away! If you run out there's always a Wallyworld somewhere.

BIGLRY
05-16-2015, 10:41 AM
I read a good idea somewhere, maybe here. Take your old socks and underwear with you, like the stuff with holes in it. Wear it, throw it away! If you run out there's always a Wallyworld somewhere.:lolup::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::ye s: Been there done that,
also mailed stuff to a location that I might be staying at for a week or two like the in-laws house. I always pack light, kind of a minimalist when it comes to what I carry for clothes on a rode trip :301:

srt8-in-largo
05-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Here's the one I ended up choosing http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYG4C9Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:banana:

valkmc
05-17-2015, 07:10 AM

Try this underwear, expensive. But amazing. Can be washed in a sink hung up to dry and can be worn for several days. http://www.exofficio.com/products/mens/underwear

valkmc
05-17-2015, 07:13 AM
I read a good idea somewhere, maybe here. Take your old socks and underwear with you, like the stuff with holes in it. Wear it, throw it away! If you run out there's always a Wallyworld somewhere.

I have done this several times. Old jeans, t-shirts, sock, underwear all discarded along the way. Wife loves it because I empty out the closet.