PDA

View Full Version : Matte Grey

shooter
05-06-2015, 06:26 PM
B sighting!! Thought I was the only one around. Got off work and stopped for gas. Here comes a new matte grey B. Stopped at the red light 50 ft from me. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but that Grey isn't for me. That's just me guys. If you like it then its great. I was happy to see the guy. Don't know who it was but its a small town. I'll see him again. Only about 2500 people in my town.

okf6b
05-06-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm a matte grey'r. No offense taken here. Occasionally, I get negative comments on my car color choice too.

shooter
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
OK if that works for you then I'm proud for ya. I'm a live and let live guy. Love the car man. That grey is looking better all the time.

seadog
05-06-2015, 07:22 PM
But you can call it gray if you like, what I didn't like was the lack of chrome on the Matte silver deluxe I was interested in buying but the dealer had a new F6b with chrome pipes from previous year brand new and said he would put the chrome exhaust on my Deluxe. When that was done everyone said, the matte silver should have had the chrome all along. The Black one the chrome came off of just was beautiful with the black exhaust on it. Everyone at the dealership thought it was great and I will have to admit the black bike looked stunning with the black pipes. So I corrected two wrongs, I was happy cause my matte silver deluxe looked great with the chrome and they were happy with the black bike having the black exhaust. I will bet that black one didn't sit there long for sale after those pipes got put on.

stroguy
05-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Chrome causes shrinking reproductive organs and feelings of loneliness with thoughts of kicking cats followed by bouts of poopy pants. Please be aware of the danger signs when buying or installing chrome.

okf6b
05-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Chrome causes shrinking reproductive organs and feelings of loneliness with thoughts of kicking cats followed by bouts of poopy pants. Please be aware of the danger signs when buying or installing chrome.

:lolup:

bobbyf6b
05-06-2015, 08:27 PM

:crackup:

shooter
05-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Yikes!!!! I'm in trouble.

USMARINE
05-06-2015, 09:07 PM
I have all the chrome I need on the Electra Glide.

Retired Army
05-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Chrome causes shrinking reproductive organs and feelings of loneliness with thoughts of kicking cats followed by bouts of poopy pants. Please be aware of the danger signs when buying or installing chrome. You forgot about black chrome turning reproductive organs black.

jm21ddd15
05-06-2015, 09:10 PM

I'll second that! The Matte Grey is the best! I got rid of the chrome when I traded off the V-twin, for the F6. Great move it was!

Steve 0080
05-07-2015, 12:30 AM
:lolup:

I resemble that remark...just me but the grey matches the road to well...just sayin....

Bryster
05-07-2015, 08:10 AM
You forgot about black chrome turning reproductive organs black.

Polish with a cloth..... not yer berries...

:yikes:

nvmyf6
05-07-2015, 02:28 PM
I totally like the mix of gray and black I have with my B. I do sorta miss the chrome I had with my blue and silver Valkyrie Interstate, but that was a lot of polishing. I have won a couple of awards for my Valkyrie cuz I kept it looking so nice.

Now with this not so shinny B I have, I can just ride more with a lot less polishing, just cleaning :icon_mrgreen:

stroguy
05-07-2015, 02:34 PM
A buddy down the street has a Road King which is over chromed. It's spectacular looking. Chrome ain't not my thing but it can be beautiful.

bigbird
05-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I saw the matte grey for the first time today in the flesh.
I wasn't impressed.
It looked very military/transformer like.
The gloss black makes it look like an entirely different bike compared to the matte grey.
However, my brother-in-law the graphic artist thought the matte looked really good.
Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

seadog
05-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I saw the matte grey for the first time today in the flesh.
I wasn't impressed.
It looked very military/transformer like.
The gloss black makes it look like an entirely different bike compared to the matte grey.
However, my brother-in-law the graphic artist thought the matte looked really good.
Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

I have not taken shots of the new Deluxe cause my Aero pegs have not returned from Rivco yet. But when I get them bolted on we will get some shots posted on what the Matte Silver wing should have looked like with the Chrome pipes and minimum chrome goodies. shuttle touches, always shuttle touches do their magic!!!!

shooter
05-07-2015, 08:51 PM
A buddy down the street has a Road King which is over chromed. It's spectacular looking. Chrome ain't not my thing but it can be beautiful.

Stro , exactly what is 'overchromed'. Are you trying to be funny? Hey Steve , get in on this. Stro is losing it!

53driver
05-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Stro , exactly what is 'overchromed'. Are you trying to be funny? Hey Steve , get in on this. Stro is losing it!

Well....now that you mention it....this:

Oh wait...wrong Steve

Limoles
05-07-2015, 08:59 PM
I think - Rune in full chrome looks better , probably more elegant ...

stroguy
05-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Haha, over chromed I guess means having chrome accessories and chrome trim everywhere. But his bike works. I love it.

shooter
05-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Well....now that you mention it....this:

Oh wait...wrong Steve

I may be in heat. Dang that's pretty. Its just right. I wish I could chrome up Shay-Shay like that.