PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Bike Week

valkmc
05-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Anyone ever been to Gettysburg bike week. I have to travel to upstate NY from Ocala this summer and I am thinking of arranging the trip so I travel through Gettysburg during the event. Just wondered what it was like. Been to Gettysburg several times to see the battlefields, etc. so I am just interested in the bike week stuff.

Steve 0080
05-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Do you have a link showing the info ???

valkmc
05-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Do you have a link showing the info ???

http://www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/

Here you go...I knew I forgot something!!

Fla_rider
05-08-2015, 12:20 PM
It's got you name on it Steve!

srt8-in-largo
05-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Is it coincidental that they're bringing back the wet T-shirt contest this year? :icon_biggrin:

valkmc
05-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Is it coincidental that they're bringing back the wet T-shirt contest this year? :icon_biggrin:
LOL. Didn't see that but if i'm stopping I will take a look!!!

Rudy
05-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Valkmc,
I'm about two hours east of Gettysburg, thinking of checking it out this year. If you see a black F6B parked out front of the wet t-shirt contest it might be mine.:icon_mrgreen: :clap2: Maybe I will see ya there. If you are passing through eastern Pa. on your trip to New York there are two things to watch out for, potholes and closed bridges. :icon_rolleyes:

valkmc
05-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Valkmc,
I'm about two hours east of Gettysburg, thinking of checking it out this year. If you see a black F6B parked out front of the wet t-shirt contest it might be mine.:icon_mrgreen: :clap2: Maybe I will see ya there. If you are passing through eastern Pa. on your trip to New York there are two things to watch out for, potholes and closed bridges. :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Rudy. I will be on my Red & black 13 pulling a Black HF tag along. I'll let you know if I come up with a plan.

Reedman71
05-11-2015, 07:45 AM
I can guarantee that there will be little for you with regard to parts, deals, and gear for your Honda.

It is much like any bike rally. This year it is moving back to the All-Star resort which may be better for all involved (less mud). Looks like Saturday night will rock with Back in Black (Awesome Band) and Jackyl.

If you are into American Iron, ugly women, men dressed up like pirates, drunken stupidity, over-priced food, and turning perfectly good gasoline into useless noise, then this is the place for you! I have personally enjoyed seeing V-Twins on dynos pumping out 70 horsepower and the owners high-fiveing their buddies cause their new stage II kit is working like a dream. There was also a guy selling raffle tickets ($20) for an American assembled motorcycle. This same guy (and same bike) was seen at Thunder in the Valley, Bike week in Atlantic City, and Daytona. I questioned him about it and he got mad and asked me to leave. If you are lucky, you'll catch a whiff of someone who who hasn't showered for days. That always completes the experience for me.

If however, you just like to people-watch and want to hear any of the bands that are scheduled, then you may have a good time. I sometimes go over for the day with my American Brand-riding friends but the rallys for me have lost their flavor. The bottom line is this: people who own American assembled motorcycles spend money like there is no tomorrow. Therefore the rally is directed toward them.

valkmc
05-11-2015, 10:08 AM
I can guarantee that there will be little for you with regard to parts, deals, and gear for your Honda.

It is much like any bike rally. This year it is moving back to the All-Star resort which may be better for all involved (less mud). Looks like Saturday night will rock with Back in Black (Awesome Band) and Jackyl.

If you are into American Iron, ugly women, men dressed up like pirates, drunken stupidity, over-priced food, and turning perfectly good gasoline into useless noise, then this is the place for you! I have personally enjoyed seeing V-Twins on dynos pumping out 70 horsepower and the owners high-fiveing their buddies cause their new stage II kit is working like a dream. There was also a guy selling raffle tickets ($20) for an American assembled motorcycle. This same guy (and same bike) was seen at Thunder in the Valley, Bike week in Atlantic City, and Daytona. I questioned him about it and he got mad and asked me to leave. If you are lucky, you'll catch a whiff of someone who who hasn't showered for days. That always completes the experience for me.

If however, you just like to people-watch and want to hear any of the bands that are scheduled, then you may have a good time. I sometimes go over for the day with my American Brand-riding friends but the rallys for me have lost their flavor. The bottom line is this: people who own American assembled motorcycles spend money like there is no tomorrow. Therefore the rally is directed toward them.

Sounds a lot like many of the rally's I have been to. I just figure if I am riding back from Upstate NY and I leave on Saturday morning with no time table for getting home I might as well check it out. The dyno story reminds me of the time I pulled into Citrus Cycle with my 11 year old Valkyrie with 80K on it and they were doing free dynos. There were 10 or so HD's lined up and the guy doing the test begged me to put my Valk in line. I really didn't want to but he was persistent and gave me a free shirt. The crowd watch as he put it up there and it made 98HP and 100 in the torque dept. Some guy standing next to me in HD black leather with his trophy wife/girl (great looking) told her to shut up. She was "wow look how high that goes" and asking how come theirs didn't do that. She actuals started cheering as the guy ran it up. Her boyfriend remarked, it sounds like shit. Was kind of funny!!!

Rudy
05-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I enjoy looking at the bikes and I am am also a people watcher. I can put up with the posers for a day. :icon_mrgreen: I just get annoyed with the loud straight pipes some of the guys run on their v-twins. :nono: Maybe I will check out the bands this year.