PDA

View Full Version : Madstad measurements ???

DMAGOLDRDR
05-09-2015, 07:51 AM
I am looking to order a custom cut shield from Madstad. I have one on my bike now and have been marking and measuring for some time. I sent them the questions days ago but no response yet so I thought I would just ask here because I never seem to get time to call them during normal business hours.

Are the differences between shield heights (11, 13, 15inch) just two inchs from the top, or an inch up from the bottom and an inch down from the top???

Steve 0080
05-09-2015, 08:31 AM
I have the 13"...

overall it is 12 3/4"

5" from center of a mounting screw to the top

Not really sure what or how you will get your answer... the "custom" is achieved by movement of the shield on the bracket ...therefore ALL are custom.

hiflyer
05-09-2015, 08:41 AM
I have the 13"...

overall it is 12 3/4"

Not really sure what or how you will get your answer... the "custom" is achieved by movement of the shield on the bracket ...therefore ALL are custom.

My 11" is 3 1/4" from center of top mounting screw to top of shield.

DMAGOLDRDR
05-09-2015, 04:42 PM
I have the 13"...
overall it is 12 3/4"

Thanks Steve and Hiflyer..

The main question to Madstad was how they want my measurements to make the shield I want.
From the answers here I see it is just taken off the top.

I am looking for a shield with a specific look. More of a flat cut top and a bit off the bottom so when it is slid down all the way I can get more space and air flow between the two shields. It will also be wider and have a different curve cut in the bottom.
If it works out and I get them to custom cut a shield for me I will post a picture if what I vision doesn't look as foolish as I do !!!!