PDA

View Full Version : Uber Farkle Shelf

ths61
05-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Talk about farkle overload

This guy probably has more $$$ in accessories than he does in his bike.

Bryster
05-09-2015, 06:03 PM
:shock: Where does the co pilot sit? Talk about distraction!

stroguy
05-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Has to be a GW simulator......no human could drive with that much gizmodos in their face.

okf6b
05-09-2015, 10:58 PM
That's an Ironbutt Rally rider's bike if I ever saw one. Those guys amaze me....hardcore.

Update: Found more info on the pic. Link (http://focusontheride.com/2011-iba-final-ride-in-%E2%80%93-stockton-al/)

The screen is for the front mounted infrared camera. How cool is that? A nice safety feature for night-time critter detection.

Paul B Blues
05-10-2015, 03:33 AM
Man that's a lot of tech in your face, how can you keep your eye on the road with so many distractions.

jm21ddd15
05-10-2015, 06:42 AM
I hope I never have to ride by someone with all those gizmos. Sad to say, he probably rides with his cell phone in use too. Talk about distracted driving!

F6B1911
05-10-2015, 06:46 AM
Isn't that the new GL1800, Winnebago edition?

flat6bagger
05-10-2015, 07:16 AM
To each their own.
I bought my bike to cruise and relax,not to make my head hurt every time I swung a leg over the seat.
Ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

Airborne06
05-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Talk about farkle overload

This guy probably has more $$$ in accessories than he does in his bike.

That looks absolutely ridiculous!

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 07:17 AM
He must have owned Harleys before buying a Gold Wings.
This would be typical for those guys.:icon_lol:
This guy just has an ego problem as far as I am concerned.
"Hey everyone,come over here and look at my bike!"
"I installed a whole bunch of unnecessary crap just to have you pay attention to me."

Reedman71
05-11-2015, 07:48 AM
I am interested in finding out the reason for two GPS units? Backup unit just in case? Any ideas?

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Here is what I think it is all about...

"I installed a whole bunch of unnecessary crap just to have you pay attention to me."

Hornblower
05-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Here is what I think it is all about...

Maybe, but not necessarily. Some of "us" are simply geeky, gadget guys and love this kind of stuff. Ask me how I know...:icon_rolleyes:

jm21ddd15
05-11-2015, 09:32 AM
I guess gadgets are okay, if your into them. I'm old school, and still like and know how to read maps. Heck, I still don't have a "smart phone", I still use an old flip style. Ha! Stopping to double check a map isn't a hassle to me, just a chance to re-hydrate and stretch. I AVOID major cities when I travel. Being retired, I'm not in a big rush.:icon_lol:

53driver
05-11-2015, 09:39 AM
I guess gadgets are okay, if your into them. I'm old school, and still like and know how to read maps. Heck, I still don't have a "smart phone", I still use an old flip style. Ha! Stopping to double check a map isn't a hassle to me, just a chance to re-hydrate and stretch. I AVOID major cities when I travel. Being retired, I'm not in a big rush.:icon_lol:

+1. I can never get lost on a motorcycle. Even 1 farkled GPS is too many.
I'll get there eventually....no worries.

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Maps and memory are the only way to go.
If your memory fails you,you have the map as back up.
If the map fails you,you probably forgot how to read one! :icon_lol:
Then you just keep riding until you find a main highway.:icon_biggrin:

shooter
05-11-2015, 11:19 AM
I don't know guys ,I'm not young , 57. I like a GPS. Smartphone is necessary. What the GPS does is let me go to an unfamiliar area and find anything. For me the guy in the pic had a little too much. But if he thinks its cool then I'm good with it.

bobbyf6b
05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Reminds me of these guys in Cannonball Run. If they had a Goldwing, I'm sure that's what it would look like. LMAO (I forgot that was Jackie Chan)

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Don't get me wrong.
I am all good with whatever anyone wants to do.
I have no right to judge anyone.
I just see so many people that do things like this just for attention.
After all, I ride mostly with chromasexual Harley guys that have to stand around for a half hour at each gas stop to show each other the same chrome they talked about the last 20 times we stopped.:icon_lol:

bobbyf6b
05-11-2015, 11:28 AM
"Chromosexual" :crackup:

Love it!

ths61
05-11-2015, 11:31 AM
I am interested in finding out the reason for two GPS units? Backup unit just in case? Any ideas?

That question was posted in his build thread. Actually the bike has OEM NAV, so it has 3 GPS's. He didn't like the OEM NAV.

His response was basically for redundancy on long trips and both are on separate power supplies. He uses one for NAV routing and the other for searching for lodging, fuel, etc.

He has 2 extra fuel tanks. One is in the rider seat and another is in his trailer. Also has electronic shifting, full Traxxion suspension, electric Windbender, liquid cooling vest, etc.

He has many motorcycles including at least 3 Goldwings. This one is the most heavily equipped for long distance touring including a hand built air conditioned camper trailer.

jm21ddd15
05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Don't get me wrong.
I am all good with whatever anyone wants to do.
I have no right to judge anyone.
I just see so many people that do things like this just for attention.
After all, I ride mostly with chromasexual Harley guys that have to stand around for a half hour at each gas stop to show each other the same chrome they talked about the last 20 times we stopped.:icon_lol:

I never owned a Harley. Had a nice metric cruiser, and did enjoy it. However, I never really figured out why the Harley people have to dress like walking billboards for H-D. And around this part of the country, if they own a pick-up truck, it has a big H-D sticker in the back window. I asked one of them once, if they had a Chevy sticker on the bike. He gave me a stupid look and asked why would he do that? I responded, your proud of your bike, as you have the sticker on the truck, are you ashamed of your truck? He didn't get the point, so I dropped the issue. :shrug: