PDA

View Full Version : Will remapping become illegal?

bobbyf6b
05-10-2015, 10:47 AM
http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/will-the-government-make-working-on-your-vehicle-illegal?utm_content=05a_article_4&utm_source=RevZilla&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150509_common_tread_digest_%2371

Sorcerer
05-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Most likely already is. Kind of like loud pipes " off road use only" sticker, wink, wink, nod, nod.:nono:

shooter
05-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Bobby , as you get older you will realize that all the really good things are illegal. You know , removing the cats , reprogramming , dark side , the list goes on and on. Personally , the more illegal it is the more I like it!

flat6bagger
05-10-2015, 12:09 PM
"Removing the cats"is illegal?
Damn, I know a lot of people who are going to be in trouble.
They are a p i t a here so everyone just traps them and dumps them in the country.:icon_lol:

bobbyf6b
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Bobby , as you get older you will realize that all the really good things are illegal. You know , removing the cats , reprogramming , dark side , the list goes on and on. Personally , the more illegal it is the more I like it!

If you mean because it's more fun then I'm with you, I was just passing along the info.

shooter
05-10-2015, 09:16 PM
"Removing the cats"is illegal?
Damn, I know a lot of people who are going to be in trouble.
They are a p i t a here so everyone just traps them and dumps them in the country.:icon_lol:

Yeah when you take the cats off its illegal. Just don't tell the neighbor.

shooter
05-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Most likely already is. Kind of like loud pipes " off road use only" sticker, wink, wink, nod, nod.:nono:

I'm going to make sure mine is off the road if and when I do anything illegal. That's not to say I will. As usual this is a disclaimer about any illegal activities against anything or anybody.

Old Ryder
05-11-2015, 09:22 AM
The rebel in me rips the tags off a new mattress as soon as it gets in the house! :icon_mrgreen:

BIGLRY
05-11-2015, 12:31 PM
The rebel in me rips the tags off a new mattress as soon as it gets in the house! :icon_mrgreen::shock: Oh you anarchist...welcome to the club:icon_lol:

Anarchist= a person who promotes disorder or excites revolt against any established rule, law, or custom. :yes:

Retired Army
05-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Nothing is illegal until you get caught. :icon_mrgreen:

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 01:38 PM
The rebel in me rips the tags off a new mattress as soon as it gets in the house! :icon_mrgreen:

I just tightly roll it up and tape it to the mattress.:shhh:
When my friends come over they look at it and think I am a bad a$$!
When the Mattress Tag Inspecting Police show up checking tags,I can just untape it and let it back out.:icon_lol:

BIGLRY
05-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I just tightly roll it up and tape it to the mattress.:shhh:
When my friends come over they look at it and think I am a bad a$$!
When the Mattress Tag Inspecting Police show up checking tags,I can just untape it and let it back out.:icon_lol::icon_doh: Damn now why didn't I think of that. I keep my tags in my safe next to my unsafe plastic dry cleaning bags to show the "Mattress Tag Inspecting Police".
I only worry that I might show them the wrong tag for the mattress they are looking at.....Hummmm reminder to self, next time bored and nothing to do put numbers on stored mattress tags with corresponding numbers on mattress.:lolup:

flat6bagger
05-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Sometimes I even drink milk that is outdated by a few days!
Oh yeah,it's true.
Bad I'm telling you.:icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
05-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Sometimes I even drink milk that is outdated by a few days!
Oh yeah,it's true.
Bad I'm telling you.:icon_biggrin:Well I can top that...I drink my milk out of a dirty glass and run with sharp sticks.....:shock:....but not at the same time. I may be crazy, but I'm not nuts.:shhh:

srt8-in-largo
05-11-2015, 02:22 PM
http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/will-the-government-make-working-on-your-vehicle-illegal?utm_content=05a_article_4&utm_source=RevZilla&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150509_common_tread_digest_%2371

OEM makers already have the ability to lock their software, and some do (Chrysler and Honda for example) while others continue to allow access (Chevy and Harley for example).

There's a few different sides to this coin, and one of them is the fact that there isn't a lot of room for divergence in a modern engine calibration. OEM's and their factory tunes have squeezed every last ounce of fuel economy and performance from these engines; the only "slop" left in the tune is intentional in order to allow operation in any environment worldwide (hot, cold... high, low... humid, arid... etc). In other words, there is very little performance to be gained by re-calibrating a modern stock engine.

Locking the software is silly IMO. OEM's are concerned about people mucking with it and damaging their vehicles... but it's extremely easy to know if software has been altered; and if so, the OEM would have every right and reason in the world to deny warranty and service. So why lock it up in the first place and make yourself into a perceived unfriendly-to-the-customer company.

shooter
05-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Some of you guys may be a little unbalanced. I'm glad I'm normal.

Limoles
05-11-2015, 11:24 PM
:shock: Oh you anarchist...welcome to the club:icon_lol:

Anarchist= a person who promotes disorder or excites revolt against any established rule, law, or custom. :yes:

Thank you . Nice:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: and I love it

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Some of you guys may be a little unbalanced. I'm glad I'm normal.

You're absolutely normal Shooter; or as the doctor puts it, ab-normal :icon_biggrin: