PDA

View Full Version : Bike Carrier

MDG1957
05-10-2015, 02:58 PM
After seeing a BMW tourer going down the road with a bicycle on back, on a home made rack, I started looking around for ideas as to how to do that on my F6B. The solution wound up being easier than I expected. With the backrest and bracket installed, I found there is ample body work on on the back of the F6B to easily hook up the very same bicycle rack I use on my car. You just have to make sure it is adjusted to carry the bike(s) up high so there is clearance for leaning in the turns. My rack has a pivot point that makes this adjustment a piece of cake.

okf6b
05-10-2015, 10:05 PM
I like it!

JackB
05-11-2015, 05:34 AM
I would love to carry my bike at times but I don't have a backrest. I was thinking about buying a trailer and a hitch. But it would cost more than I would want to spend. Maybe I will rent a bike.

srt8-in-largo
05-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Whoa, nice!

Spanky
05-15-2015, 07:36 AM
wheres your bike helmet? :-)

Steve 0080
05-15-2015, 08:11 AM
A first for me !!! A bike on a bike !

Limoles
05-15-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm also riding bicycle and was thinking to create some rack attached to the B , but being afraid of braking plastics , abandoned my idea . BMW riders found few other options .

opas ride
05-15-2015, 04:57 PM
"Too each his own" as they say...Not knocking the ideas, but it looks pretty "silly" to me...A bicycle hanging up in the air on the back of a beautiful motorcycle just does not do it for me!!!! I suppose I kind of understand the reason, but why??

srt8-in-largo
05-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Some folks really enjoy bicycling; it's tremendously good exercise and fun in its' own right.

The enjoyment of it is multiplied if you can ride in a good location and not just through your neighborhood. There are many parks and mountain trails that I use to love riding on but unfortunately they were not within bicycling distance of my home for mere mortals. Sometimes you need to haul your bicycle to the place you want to ride.

bobbyf6b
05-16-2015, 12:20 PM
I used to be into mountain biking and especially down hilling. The idea seems cool to haul your bike on your motorcycle but I used to carry so much gear I wouldn't know where to put it all. And after a good riding session I was completely wiped out and it was really relaxing to sit in a car seat on the way home. Thumbs up to those that do it though! :biggthumpup:

Not my video but I used to run this trail. It's brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POxb5JXzZpI

Limoles
05-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Gee - Even watching it , one can get brain concussion and bone's separation .

opas ride
05-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Some folks really enjoy bicycling; it's tremendously good exercise and fun in its' own right.

The enjoyment of it is multiplied if you can ride in a good location and not just through your neighborhood. There are many parks and mountain trails that I use to love riding on but unfortunately they were not within bicycling distance of my home for mere mortals. Sometimes you need to haul your bicycle to the place you want to ride.
I understand that, but why screw around with all that hassle on a bike when many, many, racks are available to mount on a car/SUV/ truck etc...Load up the gear you want drive to the site to ride and enjoy seems a lot more sensible and practicable to me..Don't ride bicycles much these days but rode with my family in the mountains for years......JMHO

srt8-in-largo
05-17-2015, 10:27 PM
You definitely have to pay more attention to lane usage :icon_biggrin:

Idk, it all seems centered and aligned to me; this is a workhorse of a bike, so why not let it work :yes:

MarcPW
05-18-2015, 06:41 PM
For the mountain-bikers here, I highly recommend a great DVD: "Seasons" by The Collective.